CTS interior wood kit - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS interior wood kit in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; If I were doing dash mods mine would look like this;...
    darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: CTS interior wood kit

If I were doing dash mods mine would look like this;

gp56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0

Looks almost identical to what I did

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Check this out..

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/she...shfx_price.htm

Looks like they make this stuff.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Maybe I missed something.

I clicked on Search-a-Kit, then Cadillac, the CTS.

The one the has the pieces I want (to go over the big grey textured panels on the doors) is #1432. If you click on "Diagram" you'll see the big white CTS.

Did you find something different?

SORRY, I didn't take the time to click onto the diagram, I only looked at the photo, where the CTS doesn't show. They do special orders...might make for you without the CTS ,,,,, ??

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

The 2005 CTS' interior upgrade rumor was true (and it matches what many of you are doing in the aftermarket ):

"New B19 Wood Trim Package will offer Burl trim on shifter trim plate, center stack and door handles. Wood on Steering wheel and shifter knob. Available on 1SA with (PDL) Luxury Package and 1SB with (PDL) option."

KJTROT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: CTS interior wood kit

Quote Originally Posted by gp56
    Looks almost identical to what I did
    I am seriously considering the same installation to my "V". Do all of the pieces really fit as well as shown in the pic or is there some trimming involved? I really do not want the kit to look like appliques stuck on the dash. As we all love our rides we want to be cautious.

Since there is no coating on the pieces they are much thinner than most dash kits, therefore they give a factory installed look. Applying them properly is the key, once pressed on fully you cant adjust without ruining the piece (the metal gets creases). Good thing is kit does not need accelerator which stains the plastic on the dash, so if you remove the kit at some point the original dash will not be damaged. If you order dont get the small kit, you end up liking it and individual add ons cost alot more than getting a larger kit up front. I learned the hard way! I ended up paying $20 to $30 for individual pieces since I originally ordered the small kit

gp56

Thanks for the information about the kits. I see what you mean by adding extra pieces at alot higher cost.
    I was able to find a local auto detail shop that does alot of this type of custom work inclucing window tinting, dashes etc. I have had 4 cars tinted at this shop and their work is excellent. They also have photos of some of their dash installs so I think they can do a good job.
    They quoted me a price for the BI trim kit in brushed aluminum No.497C and 454G installed for $425.
    I don't think I need the radio pieces that come with the 454G kit. This is only $12 so I am not going to make a big deal out of it.They said that it would take their shop about 3.5 to 4 hours for the install. Does this sound about right? I don't think that I could do as good a job and the labor rate seems to be fair.

454G is only the radio pieces. Double check the kit #. Go to bitrim.com and look it up. BI had quoted me $325 for the full kit. If that's what you are getting, $100 is a decent price for the install. You may not want all the pieces installed, however.

I think I have finally have made up my mind to get the dash kit but I need to know if the sides of the trim kit around the upper vents is finished or do you see the adhesive strip. I saw some other kits where the pieces were laser cut from flat stock and you could see the thickness of the metal and the adhesive. I saw yours and it looks great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.