Problem with my drivers seat not working???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Problem with my drivers seat not working??? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My driver power seat quit working for the part that makes it go foward and backwards. My wife was trying ...
    brandonppr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Problem with my drivers seat not working???

My driver power seat quit working for the part that makes it go foward and backwards.

My wife was trying to adjust it and it was not working right. It would only go foward. she moved it all the way foward and now its stuck
    so now I am driving on top of the steering wheel.
    everything else works.
    when I push it foward or backwards it clicks but thats it.
    Any ideas?
    03 cts

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Smokin' 04 CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior

Re: Problem with my drivers seat not working???

you try forcing it back in addition to using the button?

i would try and make sure the tracks are clear first. it could be that something is obstructing the path and stopping the motor, you did say that it clicks, right?

that seems good, because at least the motor is working. my bet is something is blocking the tracks from the back side, that would explain why it works forwards but not in reverse.

good luck and let us know how things work out!

Anyadike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS AWD Performance

Quote Originally Posted by brandonppr View Post
    My wife was trying to adjust it and it was not working right. It would only go foward. she moved it all the way foward and now its stuck 03 cts

Well, it sounds electrical (Switch, or something) if it will only go in one direction, regardless of position.
    With the '03 you can do the code-check (Hit F1 and F6 together on the radio for 5 seconds) and see if you get any errors from the MSM module...

·B1735 - Driver Seat Front Up Switch Circuit Malfunction (Power Seat Switch Circuit)
    ·B1740 - Driver Seat Front Down Switch Circuit Malfunction
    ·B1745 - Driver Seat Rear Up Switch Circuit Malfunction
    ·B1750 - Driver Seat Rear Down Switch Circuit Malfunction
    ·B1755 - Driver Seat Asm Forward Switch Circuit Malfunction
    *B1760 - Driver Seat Asm Rearward Switch Circuit Malfunction
    ·B2355 - Driver Front Vertical Sensor Malfunction
    ·B2365 - Driver Rear Vertical Sensor Malfunction
    ·B2375 - Driver Seat Asm Horiz Sensor Circuit Malfunction
    ·B2101 - Recline Aft Switch Failed ·B2102 - Recline Forward Switch Failed
    ·B2103 - Rear Vertical Down Switch Failed
    ·B2104 - Rear Vertical Up Switch Failed
    *B2105 - Horizontal Aft Switch Failed
    ·B2106 - Horizontal Forward Switch Failed
    ·B2107 - Front Vertical Down Switch Failed
    ·B2108 - Front Vertical Up Switch Failed
    ·B2109 - Lumbar Aft Switch Failed
    ·B2110 - Lumbar Forward Switch Failed
    ·B2111 - Lumbar Down Switch Failed
    ·B2112 - Lumbar Up Switch Failed
    ·B2115 - Recline Sensor Failed
    ·B2116 - Rear Vertical Sensor Failed
    ·B2117 - Horizontal Sensor Failed
    ·B2118 - Front Vertical Sensor Failed
    ·B2119 - Lumbar Forward/Aft Sensor Failed
    ·B2120 - Lumbar Up/Down Sensor Failed

DTC B1826, B1851, B1861, B2356, B2366, or B2376 Summary Only
    ircuit Description The sensor that set this diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is attached to the seat directional motor it monitors. It receives a 5-volt reference and low reference from the memory seat module (MSM). The sensor sends a voltage signal that varies with the movement of the seat through the sensor signal circuit to the MSM. Then based on this voltage signal, the MSM determines the position of the seat. Conditions for Running the DTC The MSM must be powered and cannot have B1327 - Battery Voltage Low set as a current DTC for this DTC to set. This test will run only when the motors are active. Conditions for Setting the DTC If the sensor signal received by the MSM from a motor being driven in a commanded direction changes by more than 10 counts or 0.2 volts in the wrong direction, the MSM will set this DTC. Action Taken When the DTC Sets Current and History codes are set. The MSM disables the affected motor during memory recall operations. The affected motor will respond to manual positioning commands. Conditions for Clearing the DTC The MSM will clear the DTC as an active DTC, whenever a manual switch is activated and the MSM senses that the voltage from the sensor signal changes by more than 2 counts or 0.04 volts in the correct direction. Diagnostic Aids All position sensors use common 5-volt reference and low reference circuits. Test Description The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table. This step checks the direction in which the volts change as the switch is activated. The voltage should increase for the forward or up position and decrease for the rearward or down position. This step checks the polarity of the seat position sensor wiring. This step checks the polarity of the seat motor wiring. This step checks the polarity of the seat switch wiring. Step Action Yes...

You can get the full list at cadillacfaq.com...

FastCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Had a simular problem with my passenger seat last week, I also have an 03.
    I have an extended warranty, replaced the part at no charge.

brandonppr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the help.

I will check and make sure the track is clear. I don't think I have those F1 and F6 buttons if they are on the radio because I put in a DVD/Nav unit.

My original warranty is out. It is a Cadillac certified and still under that warranty. Do you guys know if that is something that would be covered?

Anyadike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS AWD Performance

Quote Originally Posted by brandonppr View Post
    I will check and make sure the track is clear. I don't think I have those F1 and F6 buttons if they are on the radio because I put in a DVD/Nav unit.
    Whoops, well it was worth a shot. If you still have OnStar, you can have them check the codes for you. If you installed the OEM DVD unit, though, CadillacFaq.com suggests trying the following:

For 2003/4 CTS with Navigation System:

Press simultaneously the BAND button and bottom NAV button on the left side of the LCD and release. All instrument cluster and HVAC control lights will flash momentarily, then go off, and then a menu will appear on the LCD to read and clear DTCs.

If the defective part is part of the seat unit, it should be covered under the Pre-Certified Warranty... If you're worried, you can call Cadillac or the dealership first.

bbozsik is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville STS
    Resurrecting the thread-

If this code is tripping, is it safe to assume the entire motor needs to be swapped out since the sensor is connected to it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.