• Plan to buy a CTS

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Plan to lease a CTS-V

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Plan to buy a CTS-V

Votes: 1 1.8%
2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  j-w 
#1 · (Edited)
I leased mine: 2 years 24,000 miles. I only put 15.8K mi. on the vette in two years so I thought this would be ok... but I love driving the V and I've put over 900 miles on her in just 14 days:D .

#4 ·
From what I understand typical Caddys only retain approx 50% of their value after 2 years. The V is so new there is no standard on which to judge. If you look at the closest thing GM has ever made to this car, you would have to consider the old rear wheel drive Impala SS. We had one come in used and I asked about it figureing it was pretty well beat up needed tires body work and had over 110,000 miles on the clock. Boss said he could get $10,000 even in that shape at the auction. Facts are nice Impala SS's are worth a pretty buck.

Time will tell how much resale value this car will have. If you look at MB or BMW they have extreemly attractive rates because their resale rate is very good and will still be worth alot after a two year lease.

#6 ·
2QUICK4U said:
for those of you who leased your CTS-V, what was the residual percentage that you were given? I just talked with a local dealer this afternoon who has a Black V available, and he said the best they could do was 52%! That is rediculous!

I may be mistaken, but that's a pretty good number, and for Cadillac a great number no? That should be a 3 year lease, unless I'm wrong, which means Cadillac's residual's are coming up. I know in the Philly area the lease rates on the CTS are better now then when the car first came out.

#8 ·
Personally I believe that the results are skewed. In my opinion the V owners are more into their cars and more likely to go online to find others with similar interests. I never went to a Monte Carlo site or a Astro van site and I I have owned several Monte SS's. But as soon as I got my CTSV I had to see others with similar interests.

Just like if you go to a specific brand car cruise. You will find how people love their cars. Then if you go to the repair shop the people will tell you how many problems their cars have and how much junk they are.

Did that make any sence? :bonkers:

#9 ·
CTSV OWNER said:
Personally I believe that the results are skewed. In my opinion the V owners are more into their cars and more likely to go online to find others with similar interests. I never went to a Monte Carlo site or a Astro van site and I I have owned several Monte SS's. But as soon as I got my CTSV I had to see others with similar interests.

Just like if you go to a specific brand car cruise. You will find how people love their cars. Then if you go to the repair shop the people will tell you how many problems their cars have and how much junk they are.

Did that make any sence? :bonkers:
I agree, I'm just crying cause I can't afford the V........

#10 ·
GMAC was offering 53% on at 3y/36k lease.... that is not a poor residual at all. I bought my V, for two reasons:

1. I tend to get out of cars every 18 to 24 months, and there are nasty sales tax effects of having to sell out of a lease with GMAC.

2. I got 3.29% 5yr financing (thank you USAA).

#11 ·
globed70 said:
GMAC was offering 53% on at 3y/36k lease.... that is not a poor residual at all. I bought my V, for two reasons:

1. I tend to get out of cars every 18 to 24 months, and there are nasty sales tax effects of having to sell out of a lease with GMAC.

2. I got 3.29% 5yr financing (thank you USAA).
Yep, unless I am mistaken, MB is averaging about 54% or so. Thumbsup to Cadillac for a nice turnaround !!

#14 · (Edited)
2QUICK4U said:
for those of you who leased your CTS-V, what was the residual percentage that you were given? I just talked with a local dealer this afternoon who has a Black V available, and he said the best they could do was 52%! That is rediculous!
That's good! Considering that subsidized leases are not usually available with new, limited production vehicles. Residuals are based on used car markets, of which the CTS-V has none! The *great* lease residuals and rates you see are just like incentives. They are subsidized by the manufacturer to help *sell* the car. Right now GMAC doesn't need to offer anything great on them, and they are unsure of the market 3 or 4 years down the road. So right now the CTS-V carries about the same residuals as the CTS, just a tad (1%) better in some cases. But keep in mind that residuals aren't what really matters - it's the interest rate (or rent charge / money factor as it is called in leasing) as it effects a lease payment more than an interest rate effects a purchase payment. And right now, the CTS-V has NO incentivized rent charges / money factors on leases...In general, limited production / specialty vehicles take a while to develop good, accurate leasing...

#15 ·
j-w said:
Any idea on current money factors and residuals on CTS? 2/24 and 3/36. I'm looking into the CTS as my current lease comes to maturity.
j-w, the best lease right now is the 48 month lease. It's residual is 42% for 15k miles (or +3% for 12k miles), but you also get a $1400 lease *rebate* if you take the 48 (in certain areas atleast).

#16 ·
miscreant said:
j-w, the best lease right now is the 48 month lease. It's residual is 42% for 15k miles (or +3% for 12k miles), but you also get a $1400 lease *rebate* if you take the 48 (in certain areas atleast).
Thanks for the info. I'm able to take advantage of GMS as well as the Conquest incentive. The calculator on cadillac.com works, but I was hoping to get a better idea of 2 and 3 year leases.

I can't even recall the last time I kept a car for 4 years. Well... there is a certain '66 Tbird conv. that's been parked in my garage for ages, but that's entirely different! ;)

#17 ·
j-w said:
Thanks for the info. I'm able to take advantage of GMS as well as the Conquest incentive. The calculator on cadillac.com works, but I was hoping to get a better idea of 2 and 3 year leases.

I can't even recall the last time I kept a car for 4 years. Well... there is a certain '66 Tbird conv. that's been parked in my garage for ages, but that's entirely different! ;)
Just remember that almost every year GM has a "Pull ahead" program where you can typically get out of your lease up to 8 months early...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.