Starting disabled remove key - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Starting disabled remove key in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Having the same problem if i hook a tech 2 up to my car will this stop the car from ...
    vongood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

Re: Starting disabled remove key

Having the same problem if i hook a tech 2 up to my car will this stop the car from cutin off

jemile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts 04,3.6L

what i did is i changed the computer out,got a new one program it too the spec of my car, programmed the key an i was good too go.

motorheadted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

wow! two years to solve this problem ! I've been fighting the same thing for about the same amount of time. Two caddy dealers and three independent shops and no one had a clue!! I just hope I can still get a kit !

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

droose313 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac cts 2003, cadillac seville 1992

Quote Originally Posted by ssstealth View Post
    YES. Please have Luke get me a package together with the necessary parts. Everything in this bulletin verifies the condition and makes sense. I especially like how the condition will not happen with the scanner/recorder attached. That was the dead end with the local dealer.
    So i also have a 2003 cadillac cts i dont know a whole bunch about cars but my car recently started not starting on first try but if i turn the key a cpl more times it will start. It did that for about a week or two then it did the exact same thing on the freeway shut down everything flashed starting disabled remove key then everything picked back up like nothing happened. I plan to see if theres any codes within the next few days also one day i started my car it wouldnt start on first try then it did start by like 3rd try but when i went to take off the engine seemed to be working hard but barely moving so i thought i was in neutral but i wasnt i got to the next road same thing extremely low acelleration low top speed and all. It did the starting disabled a second time today but this time i was not on the freeway i was only going 45 mph.

----------

*i also have a 2003 cadillac cts i dont know a whole bunch about cars but my car recently started not starting on first try but if i turn the key a cpl more times it will start. It did that for about a week or two then it did the exact same thing on the freeway shut down everything flashed starting disabled remove key then everything picked back up like nothing happened. I plan to see if theres any codes within the next few days also one day i started my car it wouldnt start on first try then it did start by like 3rd try but when i went to take off the engine seemed to be working hard but barely moving so i thought i was in neutral but i wasnt i got to the next road same thing extremely low acelleration low top speed and all. It did the starting disabled a second time today but this time i was not on the freeway i was only going 45 mph.

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Your problem sounds more like the ECM is going bad. The dealer can test that and install a remanufactured one for about $500.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Quote Originally Posted by droose313 View Post
    So i also have a 2003 cadillac cts i dont know a whole bunch about cars but my car recently started not starting on first try but if i turn the key a cpl more times it will start. It did that for about a week or two then it did the exact same thing on the freeway shut down everything flashed starting disabled remove key then everything picked back up like nothing happened. I plan to see if theres any codes within the next few days also one day i started my car it wouldnt start on first try then it did start by like 3rd try but when i went to take off the engine seemed to be working hard but barely moving so i thought i was in neutral but i wasnt i got to the next road same thing extremely low acelleration low top speed and all. It did the starting disabled a second time today but this time i was not on the freeway i was only going 45 mph.
    Have your crankshaft position sensor. They are known to go bad on the 3.2 and show exactly those signs.*

KOT

Adeluxe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Folks, I had the Module Emulator Kit installed and now the service engine light is on and stays on. Any suggestions on what I need to check for?

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.