Starting disabled remove key - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Starting disabled remove key in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So far, so good. It will be a while before we really know. Sometimes it went 6 months without happening ...
    ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Re: Starting disabled remove key

So far, so good. It will be a while before we really know. Sometimes it went 6 months without happening and sometimes it happened 4 times a day. I did notice in the bulletin that a Theft Deterrent code may be thrown for this condition. The dealer DID replace the entire theft deterrent system in the car early in the warranty period to try to fix this problem. This fix is MUCH easier. Maybe Will can explain how some service techs get led down these wrong trails.

One note is that the kit DID come with the 2 connector pins required so don't wast time getting those separately. Installation was fairly simple. There is one mounting retainer behind the ALDL plug that if removed gives much easier access to the wiring.

I will keep you posted but confidence is high. Thanks Will.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Most techs "go down the wrong road" because they don't make use of the resources we have at our fingertips.

Years ago everything was on paper, if you needed to find a TSB you'd likely spend a lot of time searching for it in stacks of books. We had large 3 ring binders and every month GM would send out TSBs and we'd have to arrange them in the binders by service manual section, year/make/model etc.
    I can't even begin to explain what a pain it was. Even then the only reason you might look is because you remember reading something once when you were putting the TSBs in the binder.

Now we have Service Information online. You launch it, type in a keyword and hit enter and BAM every TSB out there is right at your fingertips. Some of the old timers don't get the computer, some of the young kids are too dumb to know how to use SI, and the rest are either too lazy, don't know much about computers, or just don't think it is worth a look so they keep guessing until something sticks.
    I hate to say it but guys like me don't come around very often, usually there are only one or two in any dealer and sometimes none. (sorry if that sounds like I am bragging)

It is easy to get confused by all these electronic gadgets especially when it involves data buses and the like.
    My background makes me ideal for this kind of thing and GM has the information out there, you just have to want to care enough to use it...

I actually started out as a computer programmer, and I was really good at it but I got bored and needed to do something with my hands.
    I have done a lot of work and a lot of training to get where I am and I am glad I found a good dealer to work at that helps me continue to study and improve myself.

Remember sometimes management is the biggest roadblock to the techs progress. I have had SM's in the past that almost refused to even let guys do training!

jemile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts 04,3.6L

hey guys,this looks like the same issue i'm having,where can i get a Module Emulator Kit (Part Number 10357869). i called the closest gm dealer ,which is in puerto rico and they say they dont have it,i'm from the b.v.i

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jemile View Post
    hey guys,this looks like the same issue i'm having,where can i get a Module Emulator Kit (Part Number 10357869). i called the closest gm dealer ,which is in puerto rico and they say they dont have it,i'm from the b.v.i
    contact Luke

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=42842

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I hate to say it but guys like me don't come around very often, usually there are only one or two in any dealer and sometimes none. (sorry if that sounds like I am bragging)
    you are allowed to brag...you give some of the best advice on this forum and you do it for free...and most of us are very grateful for that

You are the guys I do it for.

There are some folks on here who don't care for me and believe it or not there are some guys on the GM tech forum that don't like me much either.
    I know of a few guys up in Michigan in GM offices that wait for me to trip up so they can rip at me every chance they get.
    Sad really... but I digress....

I am only too glad to do what I can, sometimes I even make mistakes!

(I made a doozie the other day but I'd best not talk about it.. I was overdue)

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

There are some folks on here who don't care for me and believe it or not there are some guys on the GM tech forum that don't like me much either.
    There is a word for that: jealousy

It has been several months now with no return of the problem. I am going to call this one SOLVED! Thanks Will!... See me at Summit Point for your beer payoff ;-)

I'm not much of a drinker, but I will be there.

UPDATE: It has been almost 2 years with no return of the mystery shutdown. I will officially call this one as solved! Thanks Will and Luke!
    nataliejm and nataliejm like this.

Glad to hear it, you are welcome!

Dronix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

I have the same problem, will try this solution. Thanks for an update, ssstealth!

nataliejm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cadillac cts

having the same problem I HOPE THIS WORKS!!!!!

Yes, this is a permanent fix. Call Luke at Lindsay Cadillac and he will ship you the kit. We have over 260,000 miles on this car now and the issue has not returned. Hey Will, is the 3rd timing belt free?

edward232390 likes this.

gmhitec is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hi nice to meet you. The names Wayne in Jax FL. I just started having this issue on my 03 cts with 95,890 miles on the clock. Have anyone else had any luck with this fix? I am by no means a auto tech, how ever I am a old shcool gear head who is good at following instructions. Can you send me any Pic's of this "FIX"? and any tips please? Thank you,
    Wayne
    How about that, this sounds pretty close to what is going on.
    This looks like a KW2000 logic pulse reset.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.