Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Kael 
#1 ·
Some people wanted these and this looks like a cheap option if u really want them
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Ca...ItemQQcategoryZ50451QQitemZ300088266691QQrdZ1

just drill some holes underneath and install some leds (these would probebly work http://superlumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/1157_36_w_wm.jpg and run a wire to the light underneath your dash for power. And have goth make a clear type vinyl decal deal to disperse the light :thumbsup: underneath

sure beats the 450 dollar option that that guy wanted before.

Im gonna start my own mad scientist thing i think :rolleyes:

#2 · (Edited)
Some people wanted these and this looks like a cheap option if u really want them
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Ca...ItemQQcategoryZ50451QQitemZ300088266691QQrdZ1

just drill some holes underneath and install some leds (these would probebly work http://superlumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/1157_36_w_wm.jpg and run a wire to the light underneath your dash for power. And have goth make a clear type vinyl decal deal to disperse the light :thumbsup: underneath

sure beats the 450 dollar option that that guy wanted before.

Im gonna start my own mad scientist thing i think :rolleyes:
I can only say the sill plates suck. Not sure what I'd do with the funky light. Show me when UR done.:)

#4 ·
I can only say the sill plates such. Not sure what I'd do with the funky light. Show me when UR done.:)
I have seen these. Regardless of your lighted idea, I was concerned that the cut out area would be a magnet for dirt and mud to accumulate, which could be a bitch to clean.
yeah im not planning on doing it but some people wanted lighted sills and they were like 450 bucks so i was throwing a relatively easy diy lighted sills idea out there
:rolleyes:

#8 ·
hmmm, maybe put a piece of cut lexan underneath with an opaque patch under the lettering then run an LED to the edge of it (drill in a recess into the edge so you dont see the LED under the metal (metal on top, recess in side of lexan, LED in the lexan))

that would give it a neat backlight effect and prevent the metal from bending.

#9 ·
hmmm, maybe put a piece of cut lexan underneath with an opaque patch under the lettering then run an LED to the edge of it (drill in a recess into the edge so you dont see the LED under the metal (metal on top, recess in side of lexan, LED in the lexan))

that would give it a neat backlight effect and prevent the metal from bending.
good idea!!!

#15 ·
Luv, I know the look you are going for. Bob doesn't realize that $200,000 Mercedes have this as an option :) And Bentley's and Maybachs use this extensively.

Anyhow, cutting into the rocker isn't easy. And the frame is flush behind the rocker, iirc. I don't see how you'll have the space without cutting through plastic and then metal.

Classy mod if done correctly tho. IE, even light output through the whole sill.

OFF-TOPIC. Are you still thinking of doing projectors in your fog housings? I am as well...Ive got a few ideas if you are interested.

#16 ·
Luv, I know the look you are going for. Bob doesn't realize that $200,000 Mercedes have this as an option :) And Bentley's and Maybachs use this extensively.

Anyhow, cutting into the rocker isn't easy. And the frame is flush behind the rocker, iirc. I don't see how you'll have the space without cutting through plastic and then metal.

Classy mod if done correctly tho. IE, even light output through the whole sill.

OFF-TOPIC. Are you still thinking of doing projectors in your fog housings? I am as well...Ive got a few ideas if you are interested.
yes i am.:) I just put hids in so 2 sets of hid'd with projectors would look amazing IMO

#17 ·
alright, after much thought and part hunting I have figured it out.

I can use the new generation LED's that are bright yet highly effiecient and embed a small watch battery and a light sensor at the edge of the plaque/sill plate that will go on when the door is open (or i can rig other tirggers)

in this way there is no drilling involved and the batteries should last a long time since the light is only going on when the door it open. this would be a pretty self contained system.

I can use space hollowed out from the lexan under the metal that no one sees anyway. so, couple of batteries, sensor and an LED light. fun fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.