Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  I~LUV~Caddys8792 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Re: Pontiac G8

This new G8 looks fantastic, I like it alot. The interior is (imo) is way better then the current CTS and probably one of the best interiors GM as produced, second to the Nex Gen CTS of course. And man, its gonna be available with the 362hp & 391 lb.-ft. of torque, crazy. That's more then the 08 CTS!! Even the base model G8 with a V6 has 261hp.

#9 ·

Wow, that shit is BAD!! Maybe once those hit the used market I might be lined up to get a fully loaded V8 version to replace my current CTS.....

I will still have a CTS in the stable, though!!

Reactions: RobertCTS
#12 ·

I say we keep this here. the G8 thread in the lounge is a general discussion.

This thread is a specific discussion about the comparison of the new g8 vs the new o8 cts and the possibilities of future ownership of both vehicles.

the G8 is actually the replacment for the current grand prix line.
I owned a 97 gtp grand prix and I would probably own a grand prix if gm hadnt changed the body style to the current look which is... pathetic.

This G8 is a holden rebody, has some edgy styling and is available in RWD with a V-8 and all the bells and whistles most people actually want in a car.

oh special note in the grand prix line there are several levels of packages.
the SE (base model v-6)
the GT (in this case the v-8)
The GTP (in the old series this meant a supercharger)
the GXP (god car, currently its a v-8 in the current model and a LOT of upgrades)

I would look for a GXP version of this car in the second year of production, possibly a supercharged version.

In person the G8 looks a lot like a bmw M series, the pics really dont do it justice.

G
#15 ·

This looks great, hopefully the V8 will drop in price a little, I am already planning on trading in my cts for the new camaro, this or the new altima..not sure which yet...just as long as its NOT A CADILLAC i should be ok...

#19 ·

"dude i would buy that front end and some rims if i got that car and it would be sick!!"

actually you can.
the front end and the rims are all GM parts that you can order direct.

neat huh.
i figured as much it looked bolt on and yes very Neat!!!!
I dont think i would get the holden rims though...i would go aftermarket

#27 ·
Is that a manual transmission in a full sized Pontiac sedan?

Good god, GM is really getting their shit together!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.