anyone testdrive new bmw 335???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, anyone testdrive new bmw 335??? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; rated at 300hp, but dynos at 350-360!!! reviews have been great....
    mlg
    mlg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

anyone testdrive new bmw 335???

rated at 300hp, but dynos at 350-360!!! reviews have been great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: anyone testdrive new bmw 335???

Run a forum search, they're there.

04CTSVFLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

how could it dyno more than the engine produces. Is it an enzyme putting the power to the wheels?

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Dude here at work traded his E46 M3 for one (the M was nearly out of warranty). Says it's just as fast, but likes the ride much better (was tired of driving a go-kart).

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by 04CTSVFLA View Post
    how could it dyno more than the engine produces. Is it an enzyme putting the power to the wheels?
    It's not what the engine produces, it's what the manufacturer CLAIMS it produces. Also, BMW is claiming 0-60 in 5.3, but all the car magazine tests are finding it to be faster than that - as much as 0.7 seconds faster.

why would a car company under estimate #'s like that when the car was built for an enthusiast.....and enthusiasts like true #'s and on paper. I feel like they are losing a large portion of people that would buy it if the above claims were true which would make the below true

BMW #'s - 300hp / 0-60 5.3
    Real #'s - 400hp / 0-60 4.6

If thats true...

Me personally would not even go look at the car using BMW's numbers....but would be somewhat interested if the "real" numbers were in fact real.

Does this make any sense to anyone??? Why BMW would do this......its like a furniture company calling a couch pleather and then you buy it and its real ostrich skin......lol im stoned.

The GM turns around with our Caddies and claims "4.6 0-60 and 400hp but to me those are overstatments......more like 5.0 0-60 and with the engines (LS6) only putting 333 to the wheels....more like 380-390 hp......

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

why would a car company under estimate #'s like that when the car was built for an enthusiast.....and enthusiasts like true #'s and on paper. I feel like they are losing a large portion of people that would buy it if the above claims were true which would make the below true

If thats true...

Me personally would not even go look at the car using BMW's numbers....but would be somewhat interested if the "real" numbers were in fact real.

Does this make any sense to anyone??? Why BMW would do this......its like a furniture company calling a couch pleather and then you buy it and its real ostrich skin......lol im stoned.

They still had the previous generation M3 on the lots when the 335i was released.

Understand now?
    I suspect they'll get an advertised "performance boost" revelation sometime after the new M3 lands (which is going to be an absolute beast).

Hammondsix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Fleetwood 94

I beleive it is tax related. Happens often in europe. The registration taxes are as high as 180% in some contrys and vary with power equipment and weight.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

If thats true...

Because when you buy a BMW, you get more than you paid for. They're not using the numbers to sell the vehicle, they're using the fact it's a BMW and probably underrated. When you buy an American vehicle, you don't get everything you paid for, you get a car that seldom does what an expert driver from GM has been able to achieve.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 View Post
    Because when you buy a BMW, you get more than you paid for. They're not using the numbers to sell the vehicle, they're using the fact it's a BMW and probably underrated. When you buy an American vehicle, you don't get everything you paid for, you get a car that seldom does what an expert driver from GM has been able to achieve.
    Oh of course... which is why the LS7 and supercharged northstars power ratings went UP when the more accurate SAE J1349 spec was used.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

That's not why the power ratings went up, the power ratings went up because the more accurate SAE J1349 spec was used.

How many V drivers have been able to consistently run theirs at 4.6 0-60? Now how many 335i drivers have been able to consistently beat BMW's advertised 0-60?

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I love the new 335...probably my favorite BMW ever, next to the E38 and E39...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.