just bought cherokee srt-8
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, just bought cherokee srt-8 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; just bought a cherokee srt-8. anyone in here have one and if so what do you think of yours...
  1. #1
    1MEANV Guest

    just bought cherokee srt-8

    just bought a cherokee srt-8. anyone in here have one and if so what do you think of yours

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    starfox86's Avatar
    starfox86 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 deville, 2000 sls, 2006 cts-v
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    431

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    if you dont mind me asking, whatd u pay?

  4. #3
    wildwhl's Avatar
    wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    5,496

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    why, did you suddenly have a brain fart?

    WW

  5. #4
    mharker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 68 Sedan Deville; 92 Corvette; 96 Roadmaster; 09 Sienna
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    359

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    Freakin' fast machine you got there! I do consulting work for Chrysler and see them all the time. Word is the GC is the fastest of the SRT8s. Not sure why.

    Last month I was at the head office in Auburn Hills waiting at a light to turn into visitor parking. I heard this huge growl, looked up, and saw a GC SRT8 fly away from the stop light. Had a special plate. Must've been a Chrysler exec having some fun.

    I was really startled on how fast this thing launched and how cool it sounded.
    Maybe he was trying to race my LT1 Roadmaster haha! He woulda been surprised.

  6. #5
    vmoving's Avatar
    vmoving is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    227

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    My dad has one in Miami. Has 28k and no problems yet. I was down there and smoked a SRT8 300.

  7. #6
    sj1400 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    140

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    A potent vehicle for sure - hard to beat AWD off the line.

  8. #7
    vseries's Avatar
    vseries is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    489

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    I know they have some issues with tranny shifting which is within the PCM calibration(tsb's available for reflash) on the 05's and a friend of mine has an 06 which seems a bit better but hes not happy with that issue, Also they can break rears like the V's !!! so I dont feel so alone now lol, We had one come into work last saturday (I work for jeep/chrysler) with a broken rear pin causing a racket of noise back there, Not sure if its gonna go as abuse or failure yet. I've driven them before and never feal as if your getting the full potential from the motor throughout the rpm, I think if it was a 6 speed it would be another animal.

  9. #8
    CVP33's Avatar
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    mockingbigjimsville, NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,821

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    The Jeep is in fact the quickest of the SRT-8's from 0-60. By 90mph the Charger and 300 catch up. Kind of hard to beat AWD, 425HP and 420FT/LBs of torque. I also like the Jeeps interior the best. I got to drive one at the SRT Track Experience and the handling will surprise you to be sure.

    Make a note of the next Track Experience near you and attend. It's free of charge and you will have a blast beating the hell out of their cars vs. your's.

  10. #9
    RJ_W is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Posts
    27

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    I like them, but two things bother me. You have a pretty big suv but you can't tow anything. They cost $8000 more than the TrailBlazer SS that with $500 worth of tuning (apparently nobody is tuning the DCX pcm yet) and a $150 air intake is just as fast. They don't offer a 2wd version either. Still I like them, but if you don't need an suv to be an suv, why not buy a performance sedan?

  11. #10
    gothicaleigh's Avatar
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    MyWorldIsEvil, ButAmericanMade
    Posts
    6,654

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ_W View Post
    I like them, but two things bother me. You have a pretty big suv but you can't tow anything. They cost $8000 more than the TrailBlazer SS that with $500 worth of tuning (apparently nobody is tuning the DCX pcm yet) and a $150 air intake is just as fast. They don't offer a 2wd version either. Still I like them, but if you don't need an suv to be an suv, why not buy a performance sedan?


    A Jeep with no off-road capability should be viewed as blasphemy (although the number of un-jeep-like Jeeps seems to be growing; the Compass: ).

    ...my vote still goes to the Magnum SRT-8 for a go-fast hauler.

  12. #11
    CVP33's Avatar
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    mockingbigjimsville, NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,821

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post


    ...my vote still goes to the Magnum SRT-8 for a go-fast hauler.
    You wouldn't say that if you drove the Jeep. The Magnum is the slowest of the bunch and feels it. Nothing launches like the Jeep, the acceleration is brutal and breath-taking.

    The Trailblazer isn't even close in acceleration. 0-60mph is 5.7 seconds vs. the SRT-8's 4.6 seconds. Quarter mile it gets worse. The interior in the Trailblazer is a plastic hell. Think 1993 Z28 dash layout. The Jeep is the MUCH better vehicle and well worth the price difference.

    To put it in perspective, I could buy the Trailblazer SS fully loaded for $25K. I'd still rather have the Jeep at $40K.

  13. #12
    gothicaleigh's Avatar
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    MyWorldIsEvil, ButAmericanMade
    Posts
    6,654

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    You wouldn't say that if you drove the Jeep. The Magnum is the slowest of the bunch and feels it. Nothing launches like the Jeep, the acceleration is brutal and breath-taking.

    The Trailblazer isn't even close in acceleration. 0-60mph is 5.7 seconds vs. the SRT-8's 4.6 seconds. Quarter mile it gets worse. The interior in the Trailblazer is a plastic hell. Think 1993 Z28 dash layout. The Jeep is the MUCH better vehicle and well worth the price difference.

    To put it in perspective, I could buy the Trailblazer SS fully loaded for $25K. I'd still rather have the Jeep at $40K.
    The Trailblazer isn't even a consideration to me. But I'd still take the Magnum over the Cherokee. don't know why, but those wagons are just...

  14. #13
    RJ_W is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Posts
    27

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    I think the Jeep is a sweet truck, but like the Lightening you can't use it for a truck, I have a boat and other things I tow, so the Jeep wouldn't work for me. My good friend has a black TB SS awd. Stock with practice, it ran a 13.82 best run. With a $495 tune and $175 cold air intake in early November he went 12.99 and 13.01 back to back on a 75 degree day. He can still tow his boat. The reason the TB is slower is torque management overkill to protect the 4L60E. The 6 speed a/t is schedualed for this fall along with a boost to 410 h.p. It should be interesting since Jeep is rumbling about adding a few horses also. Ain't it great that we can buy this kind of vehicle at all? I remember the dark days of the late '70's and early '80's when 'performance cars' had 150 h.p.

  15. #14
    CVP33's Avatar
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    mockingbigjimsville, NC
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,821

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ_W View Post
    I think the Jeep is a sweet truck, but like the Lightening you can't use it for a truck, I have a boat and other things I tow, so the Jeep wouldn't work for me. My good friend has a black TB SS awd. Stock with practice, it ran a 13.82 best run. With a $495 tune and $175 cold air intake in early November he went 12.99 and 13.01 back to back on a 75 degree day. He can still tow his boat. The reason the TB is slower is torque management overkill to protect the 4L60E. The 6 speed a/t is schedualed for this fall along with a boost to 410 h.p. It should be interesting since Jeep is rumbling about adding a few horses also. Ain't it great that we can buy this kind of vehicle at all? I remember the dark days of the late '70's and early '80's when 'performance cars' had 150 h.p.
    I agree, if you're towing the TB is the only choice. The performance numbers you posted are incredible. I've never heard, or seen TB dip into the 12's. I'm sure it can be done. The SRT-8's live in the 12's, consistently wet or dry with AWD.

  16. #15
    RJ_W is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Posts
    27

    Re: just bought cherokee srt-8

    I've never heard, or seen TB dip into the 12's.
    There's a silver 2wd SS in Seaford ,DE That has long tube headers, cat back, tune and intake that runs 12.60's on drag radials. I only know of one SRT Jeep around here, he runs 13.10s, though I have no doubt that simple mods would put it in the 12's. I'm not knocking the Jeep, hell I drove them for years, my son still does at one time, my wife, daughter son and me all had Jeeps at the same time. I'm just saying don't be fooled into thinking the SS is not a contender, when the 6 speed a/t gets here and TM is toned down, you will see a very even match between the two.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting