What's wrong with Lincoln Mark VIIs and VIIIs? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, What's wrong with Lincoln Mark VIIs and VIIIs? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I had a '98 Mark VIII LSC - one of the best cars I've ever owned! I loved the way ...
    LLT
    LLT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: What's wrong with Lincoln Mark VIIs and VIIIs?

I had a '98 Mark VIII LSC - one of the best cars I've ever owned! I loved the way the instrumentation and dash wrapped around you, felt like you were piloting rather than driving.

I'd have to agree that '96 was the best year. All of the first gen issues were worked out and you get a slightly upgraded interior over the '95. IIRC you lose out on HIDs and a couple other little things like telescopic power steering that are found in the '97+, but everything is a tradeoff.

Careful of the suspension - that air bag suspension was expensive should things go awry.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by mharker View Post
    FYI I'm keeping my eyes open for a clean 90-92 5.7 Brougham
    A 90-92 Brougham? 93-96 is where it's at with the LT1

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Careful of the suspension - that air bag suspension was expensive should things go awry.
    Coilover conversion FTW!!!

mharker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 68 Sedan Deville; 92 Corvette; 06 Town Car; 09 Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Yeah I know but I already have a clean LT1 Roadmaster. No need for both in my relatively small dream collection.

Quote Originally Posted by mharker View Post
    Yeah I know but I already have a clean LT1 Roadmaster. No need for both in my relatively small dream collection.
    Oh I gotcha How do you like your Roadmaster?

mharker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 68 Sedan Deville; 92 Corvette; 06 Town Car; 09 Sienna

Oh I gotcha How do you like your Roadmaster?
    Hmmm. I don't get asked much. I searched high and low for the cleanest LT1 RM I could find. Ended up with a burgundy 96 with 90,000kms and posi (G80). Use it as a daily driver but I'm starting to feel like I should preserve it.

It is exceptionally fast for a big car, but the Dynaride suspension on mine is real bouncy. Could always upgrade suspension but I like keeping my cars stock.

But I do have a complaint. Hard to describe, but it's almost like the soul of the car doesn't want to run well. Like it never quite feels 100% even though I keep it well maintained. By comparison, my 68 deville seems like it's happy to be out driving. Start that thing up after a couple weeks of sitting and it roars and wants to go. Hammer on the gas and it sings. Roadmaster just doesn't perform that way.

If you like Roadmasters you should get one soon. Despite popular belief that big sedans are not collectible, there is a shortage of mint condition LT1 RMs unless you want to pay top dollar.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Hmmm, I had a '95 Roadmaster Limited Sedan, Dark Cherry Metallic with Burgundy Leather interior (probably the same color combo as yours, Mharker), mine had the optional trailer towing package, which included stiffer shocks and springs. Where yours says "DYNARIDE", mine said "Gran Touring Suspension", so I don't think mine would float and bounce like yours does, but I always wondered how one with the standard "DYNARIDE" suspension would ride...probably a lot more like an older Cadillac...mine rode very well, not much bouncing or swaying at all, felt almost too firm and controlled for a 4200 lb Buick..

It's always nice to find another person who's got a Roadmaster.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Take it easy. The '90-'92 Broughams are the last of the old school Caddy's and have the most distinct lines. While I agree that stock the performance isn't all that, they can be modified. Hey, its a RWD GM with a Chevy drivetrain afterall. All suspension components on a newer one or SS Impala will fit. Here's a pic of my '91 before it was lowered with SS springs. I installed an '87 L98 from an Iroc 350, added dual exhaust and several other mods.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

I see you have those impala rhims as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.