02-05 Lexus IS 300
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 02-05 Lexus IS 300 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Anybody ever drive one of these? I saw one at the bank a couple weeks ago and really liked it ...
    STS127 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 STS

02-05 Lexus IS 300

Anybody ever drive one of these? I saw one at the bank a couple weeks ago and really liked it and have looked them up online and they seem to be really nice cars. The interior looks beautiful and I like the exterior styling aswell. From what I have heard they are a blast to drive with excellent handling and very strong brakes to go with it. Also heard the engine is in a way similar to a N*, smooth, quite and powerful. I am curious to know if this is all true.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

Re: 02-05 Lexus IS 300

I have never driven one, but the other Lexus threads on this board have some good info on the current model as well as the upcoming models.

Personally, I don't like the exterior styling of the IS300.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

You can find a lot of info on www.clublexus.com. The IS300 was rated best in class for reliability by JD Power.

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Reliability was top notch, yup! But the driving experience sucked. No power, poor steering feel, and the design was tha junks.

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

^^ Design of the exterior or the interior?

STS127 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 STS

I'm a little surprised to hear that there wasn't much handling or power. Most of what I read said it had power and handled like a touring car. Although what I did read was from Lexus owners on Edmunds and Lexus forums so they may be a little biased. But I guess I'll have to drive one myself to see the power it has.

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

^^^ IS300 is pretty slow for the money. Only has 215 hp, what do you expect? It handles ok, but it still doesnt have great feel.

Ive said before that if the IS350 had a stick, Id have bought it...and I dont like how it looks at all, even. The IS300 has a stick, and I wouldnt waste my time looking at one.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

The IS300 in stock trim is nothing special but the modability of this car is great. It uses the same engine from the Toyota Supra so there is PLENTY of aftermarket to get it to haul ass. My buddy back in high school had his all hooked up with a HKS turbo kit on it and that car was fast as hell.........until he flipped it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.