Cadillac Owners Forum banner
8K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  MachX 
#1 ·
#2 ·
talk about a grill! The interior looks odd especially with the curved from seats... oh well we'll just have to wait on Jaunary 7th to see how it officially looks

#9 ·
The twin turbos might make it to production, but if they do, Lincoln has still missed the mark. 400 horses just isn't enough to compete with MB, BMW, or Caddy. And the fact it comes out of a 3.5l doesn't help either, Lincoln needs a V8 in its cars, period. Estimated 5.3 seconds will be more like 5.6 or 5.7, something the non-performance models from several companies are already doing.

#13 ·
The CTS-V is producing 400 HP right now with a 0-60 in 5.3,(from MSN) so at least lincoln will be with them and that good enough for lincoln right now. V8 isn't really needed to get the performance numbers now a days(my oppinion). The lexus IS350 is getting 0-60 in 5.3,(MSN) same as the 400 HP V8 CTS-v. It doesn't always have to be slower then the factory times, Look at the BMW 335i. Factory 5.5s but it has reported 4.8s, so it can turn out to be like that.

#10 ·
Man, that's an ugly car. It's good to see that Lincoln is putting out concept pieces though, shows that Ford still has the brains to pump capitol into them. Could this be a precursor to the long awaited (by me atleast) Mark IX?

#12 ·
Yeah, but if it comes out looking like that, and in a sedan configuration, I'll be very disappointed.

#14 ·
True, but the new V will be 500 horses for sure, and the M3 and M5 aren't gonna get slower in the future. If Lincoln wanted to enter the performance sedan market, they shouldn't fall short from the get-go. At least the first generation CTS-V was an even match for the M5, but BMW just had to go and redesign it a year later, lol.

#26 ·
Great minds think alike! Remember when Lincoln called off the V8 version of the MKS and what was the first thing I said after I heard this on here? That they better make a turbo'd 3.5 V6 and then I said one could only hope! Well it looks like my dream is coming true!:yup:

#33 ·
^^ It is. But if Caddys came in a 300 hp 4 cylinder vs a 300 hp V8, I wouldn't be as happy. A V8 brings with it a certain sterotype regarding money.

"A big car needs a big engine" is what I have heard many, many times. Not necessarly in regards to horse power, but size (cylinders and liters). And we must remember most people measure a car by the number of cylinders it has, hp & torque figures are second seat.

#41 ·
This is all a moot point. Once Lincoln get's the super sedan built, it will all be for naught. The CTS-V, SRT-8's, M5's, E63's, S6's will all be at or near 500hp. A 400hp Lincoln will not be competitive and priced anywhere north of $40K will not sell. Price below $40K and they can't make money. Too little, too late.

#46 ·
No, it doesn't. CTS-Vs have regularly gotten low to mid 4's in the 0-60 sprint.
WTF are you reading? Everything I have ever seen in a write up has it at a 5.1 or 5.0 0-60 run and a few stray high 4's. lol low to mid 4's in a 0-60 sprint:histeric:
I don't think I've ever seen any IS350 in the 4's. So no, the same cannot be said for the Lexus.
The IS350 times I've seen have been right around the CTS-V's time depending on which source you look at. Some have it a tad bit slower but within .3 seconds so it's not like a CTS-V would run away from it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.