Lincoln is coming back!!! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lincoln is coming back!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho No, it doesn't. CTS-Vs have regularly gotten low to mid 4's in the 0-60 sprint. WTF ...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: Lincoln is coming back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    No, it doesn't. CTS-Vs have regularly gotten low to mid 4's in the 0-60 sprint.
    WTF are you reading? Everything I have ever seen in a write up has it at a 5.1 or 5.0 0-60 run and a few stray high 4's. lol low to mid 4's in a 0-60 sprint
    I don't think I've ever seen any IS350 in the 4's. So no, the same cannot be said for the Lexus.
    The IS350 times I've seen have been right around the CTS-V's time depending on which source you look at. Some have it a tad bit slower but within .3 seconds so it's not like a CTS-V would run away from it

CHP N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I dunno... I have found in the past that Lincolns depreshiate really quick... I had a LS at one point and man I lossed money in that quick

RJ_W is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    WTF are you reading? Everything I have ever seen in a write up has it at a 5.1 or 5.0 0-60 run and a few stray high 4's. lol low to mid 4's in a 0-60 sprint
    The IS350 times I've seen have been right around the CTS-V's time depending on which source you look at. Some have it a tad bit slower but within .3 seconds so it's not like a CTS-V would run away from it
    .3 to 60 is running away!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

They should drop in the Intech 4.6. 300hp to start, then follow up with an SC version later.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

1 its fukin fugly
    2 they wont make it
    3 ford blows...

MachX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan deVille 4.9L/1994 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacETC1997 View Post
    1 its fukin fugly
    2 they wont make it
    3 ford blows...
    Sorry, but I have to dispute that post and defend the blue oval, at least, somewhat. Ford CAN build dream machines. Witness the latest Mustang. Even the base V6 model isn't a total slug, hitting 60 in 6.9 secs with an automatic, as quick as a Northstar powered DTS! The Mustang GT boasts 300hp, good enough for 5 second 0-60 sprints, enough for most. But Ford didn't see that as enough as they have unleashed the Shelby GT with 330hp and the Mustang GT500 with 500 smashing hp. Oh yeah the car is hot looking too. And how about the Ferrari eating Ford GT with a blown 5.4l V8 at 1/3 the price? From Consumerguide : 'Thrilling. Forward thrust comes on immediately and lets up only slightly after 120 mph. Ford claims 0-60 mph in under 4 sec, and we have no reason to doubt that claim.' Not bad for a supercar carrying the plebian blue oval badge. How about what Automobile Magazine has to say about the F-series pickup : 'Imagine. Ford's best car is a truck'. It consistantly outsells all other vehicles, and the new Super Duty series has a towing capacity of up to an earthshaking 24000 lbs. Enough to travel the Interstate in comfort with 5 Dodge Rams in tow. Ford has two problems facing it right now. It has three great vehicles, but not enough cash to develop awe inspiring models anywhere else in the line because its PAG has become a cash drain when they are already cash strapped. Problem 2: that concept is horribly ugly, and its specs aren't enough. I'm sorry but that split grille looks worse than BMW's current design. A TT V6 in a premium car doesn't compete. Period. I don't care how many horsepower come from Infinity's or BMW's V6's. V8 power is experiencing a resurgence I never EVER thought I would see again. That is why even the 5 series has an available V8 AND a V10. Infinity's M has an available V8. I think we've all heard enough about Chrysler's muscle trio of 300C/Charger/Magnum all having TWO destructive V8 options. The General has stepped up offering V8's in the Impala, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, and Lucerne. Even if V8's aren't volume sellers, they are important for image. Lincoln with no V8's becomes a rebadged Mercury/Mazda. And since people don't really see Volvo/Jaguar/Aston Martin as Fords they see Lincolns as being Fords. If Ford wants to make a comeback, they need to use trickle down effect like Chrysler has done from M-B. (the 300 uses an E-class suspension for example). Take the Jaguar XJ, stretch the chassis and make the next Town Car from it with 3 valve Mustang power, at least to start. They had a good idea basing the LS on the S-type, and it sold reasonably well. If they field Mazda based Lincolns and expect the public to notice, they're sunk. I don't think Ford/Lincoln is out of it, at least not yet. Remember, Ford was the first to field a 200hp minivan(1996 Windstar), they brought back the V8 powered family car (1996 Taurus SHO) a full decade before the current craze started. They were also the first to put 'muscle' back into muscle cars with the 1982 Mustang GT. And Lincoln stuck with proven V8 full sized Town Cars which sold hundreds of thousands a year all throughout the 80's. Cadillac at the time offered a sickly downsized, and underpowered Deville and some horribly experimental engines (HT4100, Buick 4100 V6, Olds diesel, Olds 307, and the V8-6-4). The problem is, Ford/Lincoln is poised to repeat the mistakes of Cadillac's in the 80's. Undersized and underpowered.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.