Lincoln is coming back!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lincoln is coming back!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by dp102288 It would also give Lincoln the respect it needs if it wants to continue to be ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Re: Lincoln is coming back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dp102288 View Post
    It would also give Lincoln the respect it needs if it wants to continue to be a serious contender in the marketplace.
    Excellent point. I see what many of you are saying, that Lincoln isn't trying to go after the V's or the M's, but just have a performance sedan. But I think they have to go above and beyond these ideas. A TT 3.5 liter would be pretty cool, but to earn respect, they have to do better.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 View Post
    Excellent point. I see what many of you are saying, that Lincoln isn't trying to go after the V's or the M's, but just have a performance sedan. But I think they have to go above and beyond these ideas. A TT 3.5 liter would be pretty cool, but to earn respect, they have to do better.
    I don't see what the big deal is. 415 hp is 415 hp whether is comes from a 4 cylinder or a V12

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^^ It is. But if Caddys came in a 300 hp 4 cylinder vs a 300 hp V8, I wouldn't be as happy. A V8 brings with it a certain sterotype regarding money.

"A big car needs a big engine" is what I have heard many, many times. Not necessarly in regards to horse power, but size (cylinders and liters). And we must remember most people measure a car by the number of cylinders it has, hp & torque figures are second seat.

Plus, the power delivery that comes from an engine with more cylinders is more even and smooth, thus, associated with luxury.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 View Post
    Plus, the power delivery that comes from an engine with more cylinders is more even and smooth, thus, associated with luxury.
    I think BMW M3 owners would disagree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post
    I bet they would!

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post
    But to me a M3 is a sports car first, luxury car second. And I don't think its a big car. The M5...probably.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

The M3 is definitely sport first luxury a far second. The Cad500 puts out smooth, even power. The northstar puts out less smooth, even power, since it's aimed for a higher RPM range. An M3 I6 puts out nothing on the bottom end and everything on top.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mark0101 View Post
    The CTS-V is producing 400 HP right now with a 0-60 in 5.3,(from MSN) so at least lincoln will be with them and that good enough for lincoln right now. V8 isn't really needed to get the performance numbers now a days(my oppinion). The lexus IS350 is getting 0-60 in 5.3,(MSN) same as the 400 HP V8 CTS-v. It doesn't always have to be slower then the factory times, Look at the BMW 335i. Factory 5.5s but it has reported 4.8s, so it can turn out to be like that.
    A Cadillac Nazi Regional Service Advisor could get a better 0-60 time in a CTS-V. The IS350 is not the same performance car as the CTS-V.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

This is all a moot point. Once Lincoln get's the super sedan built, it will all be for naught. The CTS-V, SRT-8's, M5's, E63's, S6's will all be at or near 500hp. A 400hp Lincoln will not be competitive and priced anywhere north of $40K will not sell. Price below $40K and they can't make money. Too little, too late.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    This is all a moot point. Once Lincoln get's the super sedan built, it will all be for naught. The CTS-V, SRT-8's, M5's, E63's, S6's will all be at or near 500hp. A 400hp Lincoln will not be competitive and priced anywhere north of $40K will not sell. Price below $40K and they can't make money. Too little, too late.
    I don't think it really matters. Considering the Navigator is their most powerful vehicle in the whole line up I would consider this a step in the right direction but not straight to the top

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Doesn't matter. There will be people who want to buy MKS but will not settle for a weenie 3.5 V6. This is where the TT version would step in. BTW north of 40k would indeed sell IMO, just not TOO far north. Next gen CTS-V is going to be fairly far north of 50k..

Mark0101 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): past 88 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    A Cadillac Nazi Regional Service Advisor could get a better 0-60 time in a CTS-V. The IS350 is not the same performance car as the CTS-V.
    I am sure that they could get better 0-60 times for the CTS-V and same goes to the IS350 I am just pointing out that you don't need a V8 anymore to get the performance you want.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

No, it doesn't. CTS-Vs have regularly gotten low to mid 4's in the 0-60 sprint. I don't think I've ever seen any IS350 in the 4's. So no, the same cannot be said for the Lexus.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.