Lincoln is coming back!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lincoln is coming back!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 True, but the new V will be 500 horses for sure, and the M3 and M5 ...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: Lincoln is coming back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 View Post
    True, but the new V will be 500 horses for sure, and the M3 and M5 aren't gonna get slower in the future. If Lincoln wanted to enter the performance sedan market, they shouldn't fall short from the get-go. At least the first generation CTS-V was an even match for the M5, but BMW just had to go and redesign it a year later, lol.
    I haven't heard anything about the next gen CTS-V. The Super V from awhile ago got canned and that was the last thing I've heard about any short of next gen CTS-V.

Mark0101 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): past 88 Deville

True, but the new V will be 500 horses for sure, and the M3 and M5 aren't gonna get slower in the future. If Lincoln wanted to enter the performance sedan market, they shouldn't fall short from the get-go. At least the first generation CTS-V was an even match for the M5, but BMW just had to go and redesign it a year later, lol.
    Actually these new Lincolns are not like they have a performance package like the V for the caddy, M for BMW and AMG for the mercedes.(the F for lexus) Its just a simple lincoln. I Hope lincoln creates its performace package like X series or K series Like they had one for the Navigator.(never in production)

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Imagine: "The new Lincoln MKZR!"

What a horribly abrupt combination of letters.

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Lincoln doesnt have the guts to make it happen.
    times 10000000%

My first impression was okay, till I saw the inside pic. I almost after that. On paper it sounds good, but I doubt, even if it gets the go ahead, it will be anything close to that.

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Lincoln doesnt have the guts to make it happen.
    'Nuf said.

Ford totally stole those wheels from the Buick Velite concept

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2946.html

Its a nice design. Just like new production Lincolns, I dont like the grill. But the general design of this car is nice.

^^ Maybe the wheels, but the cars themselves are very simialr to me:

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Concept, period.

Until a manufacturer commits to a production car it all engineer's dreams and window dressing.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Lincoln better have the balls to pull this off (and by this, I mean the TT MKS.)

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Typically when a new model is introduced they hold back on the engine dept. Just like the Cadillac CTS. It was introduced with a now defunct 3.2 engine. I'm betting a Happy Meal no twin turbos at the get go.

I really don't think that Lincoln is trying to attack any performance market. At this point they would be just happy with a decent performing car not an M5 or CTS-V killer.

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville View Post
    Lincoln better have the balls to pull this off (and by this, I mean the TT MKS.)
    Great minds think alike! Remember when Lincoln called off the V8 version of the MKS and what was the first thing I said after I heard this on here? That they better make a turbo'd 3.5 V6 and then I said one could only hope! Well it looks like my dream is coming true!

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Great minds think alike! Remember when Lincoln called off the V8 version of the MKS and what was the first thing I said after I heard this on here? That they better make a turbo'd 3.5 V6 and then I said one could only hope! Well it looks like my dream is coming true!
    Not in 2008. Possibly 2010.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    It's a shame they're not going after this market. They cancelled the V8 due to expense and in my opinion Lincoln is the only one out of the Ford stable that could come after Caddy and Chrysler in the performance sedan arena. If they don't, no one will. Lincoln needs a halo car and the Town Car nor the MKS ain't it. MKS "SS" is just what they need. AWD with 450 HP. Now that would turn some heads!

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

It looks like a predator thats fixing to enjoy the first meal of the spring. It looks like it wants to devour you.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    MKS "SS" is just what they need. AWD with 450 HP. Now that would turn some heads!
    It would also give Lincoln the respect it needs if it wants to continue to be a serious contender in the marketplace. It seems as if they are trying to stay in a late 20th century model lineup, with car-classes and designs. Becuase the market has changed, I think something radical, like this concept, would do them some good. Changing marketplaces is why I really believe Cadillac made the V series. They saw a market for overpowered luxury was out there, and they did well to take advantage of it.

I may not like the car, but overall Lincoln should do this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.