Trolling? I'm here for information...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Trolling? I'm here for information... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; First let me say I know i am under your "Mod" watch so they will read this before the rest ...
    enash99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Exclamation Trolling? I'm here for information...

First let me say I know i am under your "Mod" watch so they will read this before the rest of you. First off I am not here to use this forum in any way other than gather information to help one of your supporting members that has an 03 CTS 3.2 and is trying to build some performance out of it. I really dont get to much into the whole caddy vs thing but I will if anyone wants to, I can talk about that as well. I am a pure performance enthusiast. I look at cars from the aspect of what abilites it currently has and how scalable that car is. I have not had a caddy on my radar due to its lack of abilities in the catagories that i demand pure performance. I currently drive a Stage 4 WRX. I have it built for the purpose of auto-x / track day events. It gives me what i am looking for from braking, handling, acceleration.

I do come from a "state it how it is" background and Im not really one to sugar coat things. I am also not one to just blast someone because the choose to drive a certain car. As i said I am here to help gather useful information to help one of my close friends who is a supporting member here. He was choosing between the 350z and the CTS a little over a year ago and now wth the tuning limitations in the CTS kind of wishes he had the 350Z. I am hoping to help him find some more power with out going to a stand alone EM/motor swap.

I realize that i was a bit harsh but no more than i have read else where in this forum. I have heard that I am being called a troller because i dont own a caddy, well in our WRX forumns we certianly dont treat someone that way if they dont own a Subie.

Bottom line is I am here for the information not an argument. We can talk performance, but your cars were not built to be performance cars, even your beloved CTS-V is a car that I would say isnt a track day car. But for its price as I have said before its a good car. Near M5 performance with some stability built in for 55k. (Near M5 performance, with many M5's being in our circle of friends I have had alot of seat time in both stock and heavly modded E39's) Not bad.. But i certainly have never seen A V car at any of my track events.

So take this as an apology if I have offended any of you.. In life It is what it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Re: Trolling? I'm here for information...

Some people get easily ticked off when their beloved vehicles are criticized. Think nothing of it. While I disagree with your statement that the V isn't a track car, I'll be the first to say I wouldn't want to drive one on the track; I wouldn't want to give the M5 drivers something to laugh about when the rear-end goes out, lol.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Welcome enash99. Sorry you got off to a shaky start; you know some people are very touchy about their beloved cars!! I don't pretend to know anything about performance cars and couldn't care less. I like my Cadillac but I have no brand loyalty (GASP!!) so who knows what I'll purchase next time. Anyhow, these boards are usually a lot of fun so enjoy.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Hi enash99.. Welcome aboard.. I'm not sure what happened, but we don't make practise of insulting or mistreating people if they don't own a Cadillac.. However, there are bad apples in Every community. I hope you don't continue to run into them here...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    First let me say I know i am under your "Mod" watch so they will read this before the rest of you. First off I am not here to use this forum in any way other than gather information to help one of your supporting members that has an 03 CTS 3.2 and is trying to build some performance out of it. I really dont get to much into the whole caddy vs thing but I will if anyone wants to, I can talk about that as well. I am a pure performance enthusiast. I look at cars from the aspect of what abilites it currently has and how scalable that car is. I have not had a caddy on my radar due to its lack of abilities in the catagories that i demand pure performance. I currently drive a Stage 4 WRX. I have it built for the purpose of auto-x / track day events. It gives me what i am looking for from braking, handling, acceleration.

I do come from a "state it how it is" background and Im not really one to sugar coat things. I am also not one to just blast someone because the choose to drive a certain car. As i said I am here to help gather useful information to help one of my close friends who is a supporting member here. He was choosing between the 350z and the CTS a little over a year ago and now wth the tuning limitations in the CTS kind of wishes he had the 350Z. I am hoping to help him find some more power with out going to a stand alone EM/motor swap.

I realize that i was a bit harsh but no more than i have read else where in this forum. I have heard that I am being called a troller because i dont own a caddy, well in our WRX forumns we certianly dont treat someone that way if they dont own a Subie.

Bottom line is I am here for the information not an argument. We can talk performance, but your cars were not built to be performance cars, even your beloved CTS-V is a car that I would say isnt a track day car. But for its price as I have said before its a good car. Near M5 performance with some stability built in for 55k. (Near M5 performance, with many M5's being in our circle of friends I have had alot of seat time in both stock and heavly modded E39's) Not bad.. But i certainly have never seen A V car at any of my track events.

So take this as an apology if I have offended any of you.. In life It is what it is.
    Seems like noone knows what you are talking about. I dont as well. But just a hint? You never need to explain that you arent looking for a fight, if you dont come across as looking for a fight.

By the way, no performance for the CTS 3.2L, unless you are willing to look overseas. He should have gotten a 350Z.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    By the way, no performance for the CTS 3.2L, unless you are willing to look overseas.
    There are many things he can do if he's willing to pay for it (pretty much the general rule for modding any car). If he's serious about performance, the V would be a much better base to start from. The LS V8 engine series has some of the largest aftermarket support in the world.

As for that 3.2L, speak with Lund:

[youtube]Lo2istfWM3U[/youtube]

RSM used to make a supercharger kit for it too (they used to be a supporter here, not sure if they still are).

enash99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    Seems like noone knows what you are talking about. I dont as well. But just a hint? You never need to explain that you arent looking for a fight, if you dont come across as looking for a fight.

By the way, no performance for the CTS 3.2L, unless you are willing to look overseas. He should have gotten a 350Z.
    Well stated, For both parts.. he is part of a theard about the powerchips. He is praying that there will be a resolution to the current tuning limitations. Seems that the only solution will be a 3.6 swap ( take advantage of the 3.6 goodies) and go to stand alone EM to control things, just that he doesnt want to loose the onboard computer functions. In my opinion I would take the on board computer features as a loss and gain better features like Launch Control.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Enash,

I'm offended that you apologized for stating your opinion. I may have to take back your rep' points.

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

Well hopefully you and the others can get along from now on.

jonnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille

Yes, I know I screwed up my decision...but I made a decision that unfortunately I have to live with for a while. I didnt do enough research before I bought he car, like I Should have. I picked the cts, because I know I could have made it further style potentiality..and at that point RSM had the supercharger out and I was all down for it...but unfortunately not to long after I bought my car did RSM start to stop producing parts for the CTS.....so I screwed myself out of the deal. I love the caddy because I get compliments everywhere...but I also need that speed.

Everytime I get into my cts I think about how I could have had a twin turbo 350z.....

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post
    There are many things he can do if he's willing to pay for it (pretty much the general rule for modding any car). If he's serious about performance, the V would be a much better base to start from. The LS V8 engine series has some of the largest aftermarket support in the world.

As for that 3.2L, speak with Lund:

RSM used to make a supercharger kit for it too (they used to be a supporter here, not sure if they still are).
    Yea, you can make anything fast if you have the money. Im talking solely on aftermarket support. Hell, if he wants, he can completely rebuild the engine, but hes not gonna buy the parts, hes gonna have to have them custom made.

Lund won't sell any of their Salt Flats parts to the public, and RSM hasnt touched the CTS in awhile. They previously were the only ones who made some parts for the CTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.