CTS V or Vette?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, CTS V or Vette? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I'm wondering whether I should purchase a CTS V or a Corvette. My wife is still hung up on the ...
    -cc
    -cc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

CTS V or Vette?

I'm wondering whether I should purchase a CTS V or a Corvette. My wife is still hung up on the Vette stereotypes. I like the CTS V but lately I've been leaning toward the vette.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

03cts9011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 CTS 6000k HID Conversion , '04 Explorer

Re: CTS V or Vette?

vette hands down. that car will smoke most cars that are worth twice what it is. dont get me wrong i love the v and would take one in a second but the vette just flat out flys.

ChicagoCTS32 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 1SC Diamond White CTS

Depends on your needs. Sure, they both have big ol V8's, but they are completely different cars. If I could afford two cars, I would have a vette and a practical small daily driver that gets good gas mileage.

-cc

I test drove a vette the other day- very fast. I'm torn between getting a car just for myself and my wife or compromising and buying a family car. Plus I hate the midlife crisis thing and I'm not sure the Vette can handle the abuse of a daily driver.

ChicagoCTS32 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 1SC Diamond White CTS

I definately wouldn't want a vette as a daily driver. I'm sure it could handle it, but I wouldn't want to have to climb in and out of it every day to work. It's a weekender, not a daily driver.

Slywun is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I have an obvious bias, but was in the very same boat as you about a year ago. If you haven't already, drive both. It made more sense for me with my work and family - I don't regret my decision at all. Good luck, keep us posted.

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

C5 vs CTS V I'd take the V

C6 vs the V I'll take the C6 EVERYTIME! NO hessitation or doubt, the C6 is an awesome car!

-cc

What about manual transmission in the CTS V. What's up with that, Corvette motor but they left out the Vette's transmission. Isn't it strange to have to manually shift a Cadillac all the time?

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I recently was going to buy a C6 but logistics of having to buy out of town to get GMS pricing pushed me towards a CTS Sport. In your case you're looking at the CTS-V vrs the C6. I have had several sticks most recently in a 2000 WS6 Ram Air. I can't see shifting a Cadillac, although many enjoy it a lot. The Corvette yes, but I would get mine with that 6 speed auto paddle shifter.

What duty is this cars function? Family/dailly driver or something else. I actually had a new born son and a Corvette as a daily driver back in '85. Chevy should have used me a poster for the vettes capabilities as a family car, it actually did alright. When I'd strap down the child seat and my son behind the seats we'd call it "baby under glass". Vettes make good daily drivers and you never mind going anywhere when you show up in a Vette. I would love to have the CTS-V with the STS-V's 6 speed auto, I really like my CTS and that would push my C6 vrs CTS to the CTS.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Does it have to be a new Corvette? I have the CTS and a beautiful red '72 Corvette.

rolio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by -cc View Post
    I test drove a vette the other day- very fast. I'm torn between getting a car just for myself and my wife or compromising and buying a family car. Plus I hate the midlife crisis thing and I'm not sure the Vette can handle the abuse of a daily driver.
    The Vatte can handle anything you throw at it....well maybe not offroading but if you stay on the road you will be fine.

2004CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L - Every Option Except Nav

I'm lucky enough to have both (although my Vette is older than most of us on this Forum [72 LT-1 convertible]). Really depends on your needs. Both are great cars, but only one can carry 4-5 people.

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by -cc View Post
    What about manual transmission in the CTS V. What's up with that, Corvette motor but they left out the Vette's transmission. Isn't it strange to have to manually shift a Cadillac all the time?
    I'm sure the new V will have the C6 Vette A6 tranny with sport mode and paddle shift? They would open up more sales NO?

joeyblaze is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS

I'm sure the new V will have the C6 Vette A6 tranny with sport mode and paddle shift? They would open up more sales NO?
    hell yeah i would buy one then

well its a simply really, if you are just going to be hauling your self go for the vette, my bro just order his C6, and his daily driver is his STS. but if u need to haul wife and kids and other randum junk get the V.

i would get the vette with the mangitici ride control like my bro is, its sweet, nice and soft one min for thoes long trips, push of button u breaken your neck rippen around the bends....

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Both is best!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.