versus Lincoln MKS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, versus Lincoln MKS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ...
    durask is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

versus Lincoln MKS

Reach Higher – Preview the 2007 Lincoln Navigator, Lincoln MKS and Lincoln MKX

315hp V8
    6-speed auto
    all-wheel drive (yes!) Hope it's not the old Haldex junk from Volvo

Love the design (although some may say that it's too Acura-like, at least on the outside)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: versus Lincoln MKS

Nice Altima.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

The interior on that is gorgeous.. The exterior is kind of meh. The roof is pretty cool but I wouldn't want to own one without comprehensive insurance if that's one piece of glass, one rock and you're out $4k...

Does it look like it has a green tint to it or is that just my monitor?

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Cool Re: versus Lincoln MKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Nice Altima.

I agree, Lincoln has forgotten it's past and it may die. Building a USA Japanese car may just finish off Lincoln for good. What happened to the 1960's Continental?

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

The interior is definately something classy, but scratch another tally for the Altima. Where the hell did they get their design from? Come on, Cadillac's have their own distinct style, the Art and Science theme. Why did Lincoln have to copy Nissan? And the biggest flaw: that incredibly stupid and "ricer-ish" "S" on the back. Just rediculous. For shame Lincoln, for shame.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Well I guess I'm the only one that is in love with this car. If that interior is exactly how it will look in the production form then the MKS will hands down have the best looking interior for a domestic car

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Interior is flawless in my opinion and I could easily fall in love with that. The exterior is a little underwhelming. Unlike the others seeing Altima, I'm seeing a portion of Infiniti M45 (side view), with a touch of Acura TL (rear view) and finally a pinch of Acura RL (front view) but the grilles (upper and lower) are so garish they don't tie the car together well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    If that interior is exactly how it will look in the production form then the MKS will hands down have the best looking interior for a domestic car
    Can't really argue with you there.

Wiseguy2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS and a bunch of BMWs

About damned time!

I've been howling for years that Detroit needs to up the quality of their interiors to truly compete. I love my STS to death, but the interior is a joke compared to BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc. Ford may finally have a winner.. if the car's nice inside but otherwise hideous, it will still sell. The new 7 Series BMW is proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy2 View Post
    About damned time!

I've been howling for years that Detroit needs to up the quality of their interiors to truly compete. I love my STS to death, but the interior is a joke compared to BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc. Ford may finally have a winner.. if the car's nice inside but otherwise hideous, it will still sell. The new 7 Series BMW is proof of this.
    BMW offers spectacular handling and a strong reputation.

The Navigator is an example of a pleasant but uninteresting Lincoln with a world-class interior that doesnt sell.

Wiseguy2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS and a bunch of BMWs

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    BMW offers spectacular handling and a strong reputation.

The Navigator is an example of a pleasant but uninteresting Lincoln with a world-class interior that doesnt sell.
    BMW does offer spectacular handling.. I have, umm, well let's say I'm kinda into them.. I have an M5, M6, 740, E34 Wagon, 2 E30s, another 6 series, and some vintage ones... I'm also considering a 6-Speed E60 M5.

After crying out loud for years that I wished I could buy an American car that was actually a reasonable replacement for a 5 Series BMW, Cadillac FINALLY did it with the new STS. Heck, I'm taking mine to a BMWCCA AutoX on the 10th!

But when you compare the interior quality, it's a joke. The shifter handle on my STS is loose, it's not on my 740iL that I have had for almost 10 years. The fit and finish is really subpar. The BMW may not hold up as well as the Caddy (I own a BMW independent shop) but it's the impression that the car lacks.

I've had about 7 of my customers that laughed when they saw the Caddy outside "HA! You bought a Cadillac? HAHA!". They laugh until I throw them the keys and say "Take it for a spin". Every single one has been amazed with the car, but they all said the interior looks like crap.

Unless the BRAND new Navigator is an exception, I always felt they had chintzy interiors.

It's amazing how much of an impression this really makes on Buyers... it's a shame because It was between a 530i and an STS and I went with an STS and don't regret it for a minute.

I definitely agree with you on a lot of that, Wiseguy2. While I do like the STS inside and out, its interior is, I agree, inferior to is competition, including Lincoln.

However, whats hurting the STS most is exterior design. The cheaply appointed CTS, with its strong character and bold design, is still a hot seller.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy2 View Post
    Unless the BRAND new Navigator is an exception, I always felt they had chintzy interiors.
    The New Navigator is looking like it will have an awesome interior compared to other SUV's in its class. Here's some pictures to see what it will look like. Oh yeah they are also offering a L version of the Navigator which is an extended verison. Maybe it will be trying to compete against the Escalade ESV. I don't know the exact numbers for the ESV but the L version of the Navigator offers 25 cu. additional fete of cargo room behind the 3rd row seat, 12" longer wheelbase, and the truck is 14.7" longer, and can also tow 9000 lbs.

Aside from the fact they found those guages at the junkyard in a '79 F-100, that interior is exceptional. If Cadillac could combine (not holding my breath) something like that with their good exterior designs, they would really be competitive.

Interesting gauges... HELLO 80s!

I liked the old Navigator interior better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.