2007 Lexus LS 460
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2007 Lexus LS 460 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; This new Lexus flagship will feature a 4.6-liter V8 engine with an 8-speed automatic transmission. More......
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Post 2007 Lexus LS 460

This new Lexus flagship will feature a 4.6-liter V8 engine with an 8-speed automatic transmission.

More...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

8 speeds is effing useless.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville View Post
    8 speeds is effing useless.
    pepople probably said the samething about 6 spd back in the days but look at us now. 8 speed is awesome as long as they can keep the weight down

Let me fix that. Anything more than 4 or 5 speeds is useless. If you make any kind of torque.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Let me fix that. Anything more than 4 or 5 speeds is useless. If you make any kind of torque.
    it helps out with fuel economy tremendously with extra gear.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Good God! This isn't just a car, it's a miracle machine! An $80,000 Japanese Maybach! Wake up Cadillac.........

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours View Post
    it helps out with fuel economy tremendously with extra gear.
    Not necissarily. More gears isn't important. Proper gearing is what is important.

Regardless of everything, get in a Lexus LS430 and Drive It - and you'll realize that just about everything else on the road is inferior...

"The LS 460 climate control system measures not only the interior air temperature, but through sensors in the seats, the body temperature for the occupants to create the optimum environment."

The LS430 has oscillating air conditioning and heating vents. I'd driven one around for a short time - and at one point I'd taken it to the dealership as the vents didn't seem to be oscillating all the way back and forth. After close examination, they told me it was because the vents actually stay in the range of whichever side is needing the hotter or cooler air. So what looked to me like the vents getting stuck was simply the car "knowing" to keep the vents in one specific area.

And before you say the dealership was just BSing me - I tested their theory with the air conditioner on. With the temperature on very low, the vents did stick to whichever side of the car needed more cooler air. When I raised the temperature, the vents began to fully oscillate from left to right again...

Sure, that's one silly feature that's not very important (to you - but it is to me and many others) - but all these silly little features add up.

Another example is the sound-deadening material they use inside the car. Did you know that the coating over all the wood grain has a special chemical that deadens sound? Like I said, all these little interesting things add-up to make the Lexus LS, the Lexus LS.. I can go on and on and on about the amazing things this car does. I wish Cadillac would buy one, study it, and start impressing me this way...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

I think with more speed transmissions, there should be more than one gear with ratios less than 1. Like 2 or 3 overdrive gears, but with lower ratios so the car would be at less rpms at highway speeds.

Wait, is that what they are doing here?

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I gotta buy 2 of these and ship them back home, I gotta get a gold ls460l and a white ls460 for 2 diff uncles.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

anyone know the exact date these things come out? They keep calling me for prices and dates but I just wanna stall them for a while cause Im too lazy to go down to a lexus dealer.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

The Mercedes C220 CDI on the European market measures not only the intensity but the direction of the sun into the inside of the car, which it takes into account when determining location to send air from, direction to send it to, and temperature to make it.

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Cool Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

This is Bob Lutz thinking, so as long as this kind of thinking prevails, Cadillac will only make 2nd rate cars. The Lexus LS460, is the best Luxury Car made.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The LS460 is quite interesting, but I think the S-class will retain the crown as "best" in terms of luxury.

...from familycar.com:

There are many thoughtful touches inside and outside to make life easy, from the power seat belt height adjusters to the duplicate power seat controls for the passenger seat that are within easy reach of the driver. The driver can easily pre-position the passenger seat so that if the last passenger had the seat reclined, the next passenger won't fall back unexpectedly when entering. Small touches, but nice to have.

Another optional feature that elicited wows when the LS460 was announced last January was a system that would allow the car to actually park itself. You simply pull up to a parking space and place the Intelligent Park Assist system into self-park mode. After that, all you have to do is keep your foot lightly on the brake pedal. The car will do the rest, automatically steering into the space for a perfect park each time.

All long wheelbase models will include power rear door closers, so the rear seat passenger shouldn't have to reach out in an undignified manner to close the door.

* Six titanium cone speakers will be arranged across the dash
    * a woofer will be located in each front door
    * three speakers will be in each rear door
    * four satellite speakers will be in the rear roof pillars
    * a woofer will be located in the rear package shelf.

Standing start to 60 miles per hour is a blistering 5.4 seconds, which beats many high end performance sedans. The LS460 will get 19 mpg for city driving and 27 mpg on the highway. With eight forward speeds, you could spread the ratios out to have a lower first gear for improved off-the-line acceleration, and a higher top gear for better fuel economy on the highway.

The LS600h L is expected to be the quietest car ever made. It is so quiet that engineers had to go back to the drawing board to redesign all the electric motors and switches because they were becoming noticeable for the first time.

Lexus will also make available a new Advanced Pre-Collision System as an option for all LS models. This system is so advanced, it will even detect pedestrians. Two small cameras mounted at the front of the car, in conjunction with millimeter-wave radar, are sensitive enough to detect not just large metal obstructions such as cars but also smaller nonmetallic objects, such as humans.

A third camera, mounted on the steering column, monitors the driver’s face. If the camera sees that the driver is looking away for a few seconds or more, and something is in the car's path, then it alerts the driver first with a warning chime and a flashing light. If that doesn't get the driver to react, the system can begin to gently apply the brakes on its own. The system will also reprogram the steering ratio to quicken the steering response. While all of this is happening, the system automatically cinches up the passenger restraints and prepares the brake system to respond with full force when activated by the driver in anticipation of a possible impact.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.