2007 Lexus LS 460 - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2007 Lexus LS 460 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I agree with Lord Cadillac. [QUOTE] Right again, my friend... We (us old fashioned Caddy people) are a dying breed. ...
    faster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 fleetwood, 04 Deville

Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

I agree with Lord Cadillac.

[QUOTE] Right again, my friend... We (us old fashioned Caddy people) are a dying breed.

I want soft, make that very soft ride and I want soft, make that very soft seats. I don't want this Euro hard ride with the park bech hard seats. This is my land yacht and that's the way I want it. My 67 Deville is soft and so quiet that my Dad got out of it one day and when we got in his at that time new 1990 Lincoln Town Car (Signature Series) he thought something was wrong with it and that car was quiet but my Deville had less road noise.
    Give me soft, big and heavy. If I want to go fast I drive my Buick Turbo or GS. Actually the GS is soft riding by todays standards. My 95 Fleetwood could be my last newer car. Our 04 DHS is okay but I can't develop and attachment for the car like I want to, it is just too generic. My wife had her way she would drive the 67 Deville. I can't get her out of my 95 Fleetwood if she is not here, it is not here.

Mikey

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I don't see why a true luxury vehicle needs to be the fastest or the best handling but it's definitely interesting how the LS had the worst brakes. The trunk is probably big enough... The Fleetwood Brougham was much slower, had worse brakes and surely handled much worse - but I loved it - and it wasn't all about beauty and grace - it was about the comfort for myself and my passengers...
    It's kinda scary that one can mention how badly a Lexus LS460 stops from 60 miles per hour but it takes the DTS 9 feet more and even 14 feet more than a Toyota Avalon...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

RJ_W is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

It's kind of scary to me that the administrator here seems to praise everything none Caddy. Oscillating vents, now there is a reason to by an import if I ever heard one. The 8 speed auto is good as long as it doesn't add too much weight, but is already a dinosaur as GM is almost ready to release a CVT capable of handling up to 550 Ft Lbs of torque, but is roughly the size of an old t-400 but weighs less. Toyota has had record recalls three straight years now, Lexus isn't imune to the 'build more in a hurry so we can be number one syndrome'.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_W View Post
    It's kind of scary to me that the administrator here seems to praise everything none Caddy. Oscillating vents, now there is a reason to by an import if I ever heard one. The 8 speed auto is good as long as it doesn't add too much weight, but is already a dinosaur as GM is almost ready to release a CVT capable of handling up to 550 Ft Lbs of torque, but is roughly the size of an old t-400 but weighs less. Toyota has had record recalls three straight years now, Lexus isn't imune to the 'build more in a hurry so we can be number one syndrome'.
    Wow! Some of you guys sound more and more stupid as time goes on here. It's amazing that Sal can actually like something other than Cadillac. And here I thought Cadillac was the only car company on earth that can make a decent car. Geez......what was I thinking!

Really! Right, Randy. I'm what you call an "unbiased Cadillac enthusiast". I don't simply love Cadillac because I'm supposed to or because the people I grew up with loved Cadillacs. You keep playing "follow the leader" while I come up with my own opinions from my own time spent on research.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

RJ_W is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Really! Right, Randy.
    Jeez what took you so long? I had to almost post a pic.
    Good thing I emailed somebody and told them so you could figure it out.
    Well. I'm going to check in again in a few months, I'll try to make it harder next time.

I'm not sure what you mean by the email but to each his own. Have a great day...

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

That was stupid...insulting the founder of our club by questioning his Cadillac loyalty. I can see where you're coming from Sal, I love Cadillacs too, but that doesn't mean we have to hate or ignore every other type of car out there too. I consider us pretty open minded, as I do LUV~Caddys, but I'm open to other cars out there too. Heck, my next car's gonna be a Buick! I may not always own Cadillacs, but I still love the brand and nameplate!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_W View Post
    Jeez what took you so long? I had to almost post a pic.
    Good thing I emailed somebody and told them so you could figure it out.
    Well. I'm going to check in again in a few months, I'll try to make it harder next time.
    Is this some sorta cryptic message because I've read it about 10 times and it made less sense every time I re-read it

EDIT: Hey Sal. I have a question for ya......how many times are ya going to change your screen name!? lol

About the screen name, I don't know.. I just get itchy to change my alias every now and then. I don't know why............

About the screen name, I don't know.. I just get itchy to change my alias every now and then. I don't know why............
    lol. It's nice to be the boss. Come and go and do whatever you want

1SICKLEX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Lexus GS 450h...others..

Bows down
    What up Sal. I opened an invitation to Caddy owners in the SE forum.

As for the LS, it is magnificent, floored me. The first LS I can see myself in, the styling before did nothing for me.

I do also agree with some of the statements that not every car needs to ride like a 911. I think the magazine whoring does this, they continue to just push and love sporty cars and think non sporty cars are crap. This thinking has moved from Europe to our magazines even more.

Rarely has there been a comparison where they ARE NOT looking for the sportiest ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    lol. It's nice to be the boss. Come and go and do whatever you want
    Yeah, it IS pretty awesome. You want a name change or something?

Quote Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
    Bows down
    What up Sal. I opened an invitation to Caddy owners in the SE forum.

As for the LS, it is magnificent, floored me. The first LS I can see myself in, the styling before did nothing for me.

I do also agree with some of the statements that not every car needs to ride like a 911. I think the magazine whoring does this, they continue to just push and love sporty cars and think non sporty cars are crap. This thinking has moved from Europe to our magazines even more.

Rarely has there been a comparison where they ARE NOT looking for the sportiest ride.
    You're right. Sporty vehicles are nice, but there is a BIG place in my heart of the old Fleetwood Talisman and Lincoln Continental Town Car.. Those handled like ass.

Thank you for the link! Not sure where it is, but.. Maybe we should have a Lexus/Cadillac meet in Orlando or something...

1SICKLEX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Lexus GS 450h...others..

Yeah, it IS pretty awesome. You want a name change or something?

You're right. Sporty vehicles are nice, but there is a BIG place in my heart of the old Fleetwood Talisman and Lincoln Continental Town Car.. Those handled like ass.

Thank you for the link! Not sure where it is, but.. Maybe we should have a Lexus/Cadillac meet in Orlando or something...
    Your in Orlando? We have a meet on March 9/10..I may drive down from Atlanta.....

Sorry for the hijack

It's okay. I'm in West Palm Beach, actually.. About 2.5 hours South of Orlando..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.