2007 Lexus LS 460 - Page 6
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 105
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2007 Lexus LS 460 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I don't see why a true luxury vehicle needs to be the fastest or the best handling but it's definitely ...
  1. #76
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,605

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    I don't see why a true luxury vehicle needs to be the fastest or the best handling but it's definitely interesting how the LS had the worst brakes. The trunk is probably big enough... The Fleetwood Brougham was much slower, had worse brakes and surely handled much worse - but I loved it - and it wasn't all about beauty and grace - it was about the comfort for myself and my passengers...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.



    In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

  2. #77
    AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I don't see why a true luxury vehicle needs to be the fastest or the best handling but it's definitely interesting how the LS had the worst brakes. The trunk is probably big enough... The Fleetwood Brougham was much slower, had worse brakes and surely handled much worse - but I loved it - and it wasn't all about beauty and grace - it was about the comfort for myself and my passengers...
    While I agree with what you siad, let me play devils advocate. A car that handles poorly can be a safety hazard in the event that you need to change langs quick, or dodge the oncoming drunk driver.
    But even forgetting that, theres no excuse for a car of that cost to have poor braking.

  3. #78
    Jesda's Avatar
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,193

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I don't see why a true luxury vehicle needs to be the fastest or the best handling
    Its simply what the newer generation of luxury buyers want. The only exception I can think of are luxury SUVs.

  4. #79
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,605

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    While I agree with what you siad, let me play devils advocate. A car that handles poorly can be a safety hazard in the event that you need to change langs quick, or dodge the oncoming drunk driver.
    But even forgetting that, theres no excuse for a car of that cost to have poor braking.
    The LS460L doesn't handle poorly. It just doesn't handle as well as the stiff riding cars in it's class..
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.



    In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

  5. #80
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,605

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Its simply what the newer generation of luxury buyers want. The only exception I can think of are luxury SUVs.
    You're absolutely right.. It's a new breed out there...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.



    In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

  6. #81
    90Brougham350's Avatar
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    You're absolutely right.. It's a new breed out there...
    Sad but true, Chad and I talk about this one often enough, how we're so much the minority with our desire for vehicles that aren't BMWs or BMW-wannabes. I think I remember someone saying, "Performance; it's the new luxury."

  7. #82
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,605

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Yeah, I feel the same way. Why does luxury have to mean performance? Can't luxury be more luxurious than high performing? It just doesn't make sense to me.. And while there are already so many high-performance luxury vehicles - do they ALL have to be that way?

    No. Lexus LS460.

    If you want a luxury car that performs well, than it's mainly for you (the driver) and not so much your passengers.. Who enjoys ripping around corners and excellerating past other vehicles more than the driver of the vehicle? No one. I think Lexus is going to have an entire market (though it maybe small) - all to themselves.. Who's to say they're doing anything wrong?

    Once the Town Car is gone, people are going to be buying used LS430s to replace them...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.



    In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

  8. #83
    Blackout's Avatar
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Yeah, I feel the same way. Why does luxury have to mean performance? Can't luxury be more luxurious than high performing? It just doesn't make sense to me.. And while there are already so many high-performance luxury vehicles - do they ALL have to be that way?

    No. Lexus LS460.

    If you want a luxury car that performs well, than it's mainly for you (the driver) and not so much your passengers.. Who enjoys ripping around corners and excellerating past other vehicles more than the driver of the vehicle? No one. I think Lexus is going to have an entire market (though it maybe small) - all to themselves.. Who's to say they're doing anything wrong?

    Once the Town Car is gone, people are going to be buying used LS430s to replace them...
    That's the same way I feel. Why does everything that is made today have to be a great performance vehicle at the sametime? What made the luxury car segment turn into the luxury high performance car segment for every vehicle made? If you want a high performance luxury car then buy a V series, M series, AMG series, or Lexus' new F series. If you want luxury but without the oomph then go without the performance series from these brands. When I'm sitting in the back seat of my LS460 L with my feet up and getting my massage on while watching a DVD with my wireless headphones and my seat blowing cool air up my butt while doing some home work on the wood table in the back seat the last thing on my mind is how the car performs on the skidpad or how fast it runs through the 1/4 mile.

  9. #84
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,605

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    When I'm sitting in the back seat of my LS460 L with my feet up and getting my massage on while watching a DVD with my wireless headphones and my seat blowing cool air up my butt while doing some home work on the wood table in the back seat the last thing on my mind is how the car performs on the skidpad or how fast it runs through the 1/4 mile.
    He gets it!

    Do you want to be shaken all over the place by a stiff suspension as well? I think not... I want to feel like I'm riding on glass...

    When I was test driving the BMW 750 a few months ago, I felt myself drive over a worm.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.



    In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

  10. #85
    Blackout's Avatar
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    He gets it!

    Do you want to be shaken all over the place by a stiff suspension as well? I think not... I want to feel like I'm riding on glass...

    When I was test driving the BMW 750 a few months ago, I felt myself drive over a worm.
    Damn. Does the 750 really have that stiff of a suspension?

  11. #86
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,605

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Damn. Does the 750 really have that stiff of a suspension?
    Man, you really made me laugh.hehe.. No.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.



    In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

  12. #87
    90Brougham350's Avatar
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    It's a BMW, I wouldn't doubt it.....

  13. #88
    Jesda's Avatar
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,193

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Do you want to be shaken all over the place by a stiff suspension as well? I think not... I want to feel like I'm riding on glass...
    This is true. But the majority of people who want that from a luxury car are near death. The rest can afford a Bentley.

  14. #89
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,605

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    This is true. But the majority of people who want that from a luxury car are near death. The rest can afford a Bentley.
    Right again, my friend... We (us old fashioned Caddy people) are a dying breed.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.



    In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

  15. #90
    I~LUV~Caddys8792's Avatar
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roseville, MN.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    34,085

    Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

    Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 View Post
    Sad but true, Chad and I talk about this one often enough, how we're so much the minority with our desire for vehicles that aren't BMWs or BMW-wannabes. I think I remember someone saying, "Performance; it's the new luxury."
    Actually Brian, my mind has been changed a tad. After driving plenty of cars that handle like an 18 wheeler and make you feel like you're driving on glass. I've started to like the cars that can handle and still be able to ride smoothly more. I don't anymore like to feel like I'm the captain of the USS Nimitz when I'm trying to navigate (no pun intended) through busy city streets. I like cars with good steering feel, good feedback, yet I still like to ride in smooth, leather lined comfort. I want a car that's fun to drive down a nice curvy road (that road we drove down is the example in my mind) and yet is still comfortable and smooth for the 3 passengers I usually carry when I'm out with my buddies. I like cars that are fun to drive, yet comfortable for all. Some examples that come to mind are the Regal GS, GTP, STS, Aurora, Riviera, Continental. None of these cars I mentioned are like the typical american luxury cars of yesteryear. To be honest, I like looking at and riding in those more than I like driving them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting