2007 Lexus LS 460 - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2007 Lexus LS 460 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 Lexus, nor Toyota has ever used a V12 powerplant. The Lexus LS 460L and Lexus LS ...
    Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Lexus, nor Toyota has ever used a V12 powerplant. The Lexus LS 460L and Lexus LS 600h L is no different.
    Bullshit. Look up the Toyota Century. Full sized, 12 cylinder, rear wheel drive.

xxcaddytech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

just my 2cents lexus builds an incredible car. cadillac finally builds an incredible car in 05 --sts-- BUT the ugly 05 ls430 is still worth $40k+ today. i bought my 05sts v8 awd for $28k. my 95 ls400 (better looking than the 430 imho)has 175k miles and is still worth $7-8k whats a 95 caddy with the same milage worth? $1-2k maybe? sad because i love caddy's... i was a caddy master tech for 6yrs and a tech on them for 12. made great money. $100k+ a yr so do the lexus techs--nothings perfect--- but lexus fixes there problems not mask them --official gm warrenty policy-- if the customer does not have a complaint about it don't fix it.-- and that is what i heard for 12 yrs before i got out of the car buisness.. gm is reaping what the seeds they planted and sending customers to lexus.. i will buy a ls460 in a couple yrs as the overall quality will be better. and i won't take a financial bath when i sell it...but i still love my sts and caddies! ps. fwiw i'm 38years old. write one check for every car i buy and will buy many more cars (hopefully)! ! !

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

What do you guys think of the exterior design of the new LS460? I think it's boring...looks like a Camry. Doesn't have the upright, formal, handsome somewhat arrogant look of the 1st gen LS, especially the 97-00 models.
    The new LS460 carries that new Lexus design language, in other words, they're speaking german, so basically, they're following this new trend among other automakers where everything looks like the new Bangle BMWs. Lexus shouldn't look like BMW's, especially the 5 Series! Lexuses should look like mini Mercedes Benzes, but not the new "wannabe BMW" Mercedes models, but the much more formal '90s W140 and W126 models...squarish, upright, formal, elegant and timeless.

1998-00 Lexus LS400, one of the best looking luxury sedans ever, and japan's finest looking car ever.

2006 LS460, it looks like a damn 545i!

Just for comparison, here's the new 5 series and the new Camry..

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Derivative knockoff styling. A Lexus tradition.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Derivative knockoff styling. A Lexus tradition.
    It's not just Lexus, it's all of the asian car brands, but that's probably a good thing, because we've seen what happens when they try and come up with their own designs.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Boring and beautiful cars can be built by GM, but they ought to be called Buicks. Don't tarnish the Cadillac name with derivative drivel.
    Remember those martians from the movie Mars Attacks? That wierd sound they make? Well make believe I'm doing that sound at you. Gaak! Gaak! Gaak!
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The Camry looks like a 5 - and is similar in size. The LS460 looks like the 7 - and is similar in size... I liked the 98-2000 LS400 as well.. Very nice design - but still a Mercedes copy.. Not that it bothered me...

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    What do you guys think of the exterior design of the new LS460? I think it's boring...looks like a Camry. Doesn't have the upright, formal, handsome somewhat arrogant look of the 1st gen LS, especially the 97-00 models.
    The new LS460 carries that new Lexus design language, in other words, they're speaking german, so basically, they're following this new trend among other automakers where everything looks like the new Bangle BMWs. Lexus shouldn't look like BMW's, especially the 5 Series! Lexuses should look like mini Mercedes Benzes, but not the new "wannabe BMW" Mercedes models, but the much more formal '90s W140 and W126 models...squarish, upright, formal, elegant and timeless.

1998-00 Lexus LS400, one of the best looking luxury sedans ever, and japan's finest looking car ever.

2006 LS460, it looks like a damn 545i!

Just for comparison, here's the new 5 series and the new Camry..

Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

xxcaddytech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It's not just Lexus, it's all of the asian car brands, but that's probably a good thing, because we've seen what happens when they try and come up with their own designs.
    lmao rofl ! ! the truth is spoken!
    fwiw.... i always thought the 92-04 sts and eldo look like ford cougars/t-birds

omarg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

well i drove this car at "taste of lexus" event. The car was incredible. The was not one vibraion. The car handled superbly but didn't FEEL as good as the 7-series. You gotta give props to lexus, they make boring but perfect machines. My 93 and 94 LS400 are perfect even with 200k+ on the odo. If i could get caddy attitude and style with lexus reliability and build quality... That new 4.6l v8 is awesome. Makes 60 more horses than the caddy and get better gas mileage, its faster, quieter, and probably will be just as bulletproof as the 1uz-fe

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

^^ How did the 8 speed trans feel? I am dying to punch one of those to see what 8 speeds can really do.

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Quote Originally Posted by dp102288 View Post
    ^^ How did the 8 speed trans feel? I am dying to punch one of those to see what 8 speeds can really do.
    Whaddya mean, what 8 speeds can really do? Ill tell ya now what it can do, SHIFT! And itll do that alot! Holy overkill, batman!

Asian designed vehicles are some of the ugliest designs ever, not just automotive, but generally. There are some chinese trucks that are hilarious, they are so ugly. You almost ask 'are they for real'?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    My grandfather bought a new GS430 and the dealership invited him to their dealership after they had closed and my grandfather met the owner of the dealership and they setup a private little party with wine and cheese. All of the management staff was on hand and the owner of the dealership handed my grandfather the keys and he was on his way. It's stuff like that that would make a person want to do business with them again and again which he has. He bought my grandmom a LX300 and then traded that in and got her a new LX330.
    My mother had a similar experience. She ordered online a new IS350. But she traded in her e500 (due to electrical problems) about 2 weeks before the IS arrived. So they gave her a GS300 for free for 2 weeks plus let her test drive a couple of the new models! And when the IS finally arrived, they gave her a giftbasket, and the owner personally came and shook her hand. Had her come to his office, gave her this nice gift basket, it was really special treatment! When I bought my cadillac, I didnt even get window cleaner. I ordered it, it arrived, someone called 4 days after it showed up, and the salesman hurried me out of his office because he had customers!

If Lexuss had offered a stick in the IS350, I might be driving one now.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    Whaddya mean, what 8 speeds can really do? Ill tell ya now what it can do, SHIFT! And itll do that alot! Holy overkill, batman!
    I wonder if they'll be having problems with the engine not breaking in like Mercedes is having right now because the engine never sees any RPM's high enough to seat the rings. 8 gears sounds like a recipe for a $7000 rebuild some day.

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

^^ Yeah I remember Danbuc saying the M-Bs are having that problem. Factory fix is to run it in low gear for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    I would like to feel how they geared the trans and how well it shifts. Then I would like to see rpm in top gear at ~80 mph.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.