2007 Lexus LS 460 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2007 Lexus LS 460 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Jesda The IS convertible and IS coupe need to hit the market NOW to sustain Lexus's sales ...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    The IS convertible and IS coupe need to hit the market NOW to sustain Lexus's sales position, because BMW and Cadillac are #2 and #3, and their success rests on the 3-series and CTS, both of which are highly profitable and emphasize sport over luxury.
    Cadillac only has one convertible and that costs $70k which is their only coupe as well so the IS will not be in the same class as the XLR so they wouldn't be direct competitors and if you want to think of it like that then the IS Vert and coupe will destroy the XLR sales without hesitation

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Cadillac only has one convertible and that costs $70k which is their only coupe as well so the IS will not be in the same class as the XLR so they wouldn't be direct competitors and if you want to think of it like that then the IS Vert and coupe will destroy the XLR sales without hesitation
    I wasnt comparing the IS to the XLR. But if the CTS platform spawned a topless two-door, it would be hot.

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Cool Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    Exactly. It may seem useless to you since the CEO of the company you work for will never get into your vehicle, but if I can give MY boss a reclining rear leather seat with massage and whatever other nonsense is available.....
    Not simply message, but his choice of 4 diverse disciplines of massage, while in a climate controlled noise canceling environment. Simply exquisite!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by PAULSTSMAN1 View Post
    Not simply message, but his choice of 4 diverse disciplines of massage, while in a climate controlled noise canceling environment. Simply exquisite!
    I hear ya..

I can appreciate driving a "driver's" car.. I've had 'em in the past. It's fun driving a car that can outhandle others. But what makes me more interested in the soft-riders is the fact that, well, I'm guessing about 99.9% of drivers will even drive their cars like "The Transporter" or James Bond... So what's the use? I'd rather enjoy the amenities that I can appreciate 100% of the time than those that I can't (without getting a ticket).
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Don't get me wrong I like my amenities. I want heated and cooled massaging seats, because I like having my rear toasted on a cold winter day, I like having it cooled on a hot summer day, and massaged after a long day. I can actually use and appreciate those features.

But an 8spd transmission is something that isn't going to benefit me in any real way, other than me being able to brag about it.

Lexus claims that the 8 speed transmission is beneficial with the new engine but I agree it's probably not something very important.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^^ Agree. If the tranny can't keep the rpms at less than 1200 at 80 mph, then they are not utilizing all those gears anyway.

My ESC is at 2000 rpms at 80, and this car has twice as many gears!

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

It's not just about the number of gears for bragging rights, think about it this way. Would Lexus do something just for bragging rights? Probably not, after all, it's Lexus. There's a reason this thing will be able to get at least 25 mpg on the highway, probably more. The Lexus might not NEED 8 speeds, but if it keeps the engine at that perfect rpm at the perfect time for great performance and great mileage, it's the perfect feature.

lowscola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS

The New LS is raising the bar to unprecedented levels. They have a model that parallel parks it self!

Plus they will be offering a hybrid model - The LS 460h L which will have 12cyl. performance ( 460 HP ) with 8cyl. fuel economy.... AWD at that.

My small write up and pics on my web page:

Maddox Computer Systems - Low Scola - Automotive

RedGalant2k1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): N/A

Quote Originally Posted by lowscola View Post
    The New LS is raising the bar to unprecedented levels. They have a model that parallel parks it self!

Plus they will be offering a hybrid model - The LS 460h L which will have 12cyl. performance ( 460 HP ) with 8cyl. fuel economy.... AWD at that.

My small write up and pics on my web page:

Maddox Computer Systems - Low Scola - Automotive
    Lexus, nor Toyota has ever used a V12 powerplant. The Lexus LS 460L and Lexus LS 600h L is no different.

Btw, it runs an 8spd transmission for better acceleration through 1st through 3rd and 4th through 8th are for economy. It is said that this 8spd transmission has less moving parts and is 10% lighter than its 6spd predecessor. Maybe Cadillac should think ahead a little bit more and they'd be much farther along in the market place.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Lexus, nor Toyota has ever used a V12 powerplant.
    He didn't say it was a 12 cylinder. He said it would offer 12 cylinder like performance while getting a V8's gas mileage. If thats the case then thats not a bad deal at all

It is said that this 8spd transmission has less moving parts and is 10% lighter than its 6spd predecessor.
    If thats true then I guess the guys hating on the 8 speed would be eating their words.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    He didn't say it was a 12 cylinder. He said it would offer 12 cylinder like performance while getting a V8's gas mileage. If thats the case then thats not a bad deal at all

If thats true then I guess the guys hating on the 8 speed would be eating their words.
    I anxiously await the EPA RATING, with 8 speeds what will the economy be like? The new L version may be the Fleetwood of Lexus. This is what can be done when a Company pursues perfection, anyone listening?

The Lexus LS 460L WILL be the Fleetwood Brougham of Lexus.. This is why I created that "Cadillac/second rate" post. Cadillac needs to start thinking on their toes and being the first to do this and that or they're going to be looking up to cars that people consider boring...

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    The Lexus LS 460L WILL be the Fleetwood Brougham of Lexus.. This is why I created that "Cadillac/second rate" post. Cadillac needs to start thinking on their toes and being the first to do this and that or they're going to be looking up to cars that people consider boring...
    Boring and beautiful cars can be built by GM, but they ought to be called Buicks. Don't tarnish the Cadillac name with derivative drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville View Post
    Let me fix that. Anything more than 4 or 5 speeds is useless. If you make any kind of torque.
    The Los Angeles Times August 30, 2006 quotes that the Lexus LS 460L has a 380 HP 4.6 engine (same size as the Northstar) with 8 speed auto transmission has EPA rating of 19 MPG city/29MPG hwy. That sounds pretty good to me! My Northstar is 16MPG city/25MPG hwy, and 320HP in the newer model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.