2007 Lexus LS 460 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2007 Lexus LS 460 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well........um........yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing anything like this from Cadillac for a while. As in, 4 or 5 ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Re: 2007 Lexus LS 460

Well........um........yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing anything like this from Cadillac for a while. As in, 4 or 5 decades. This sounds more extensive and luxurious than an S-class. I'm quite anxious to see one. I'm also wondering if it really gets 29 mpg highway. If it does, and I'm sure it will be in the mid-20's at least, this will really be a dream-machine.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Well it looks as though the S Class may be u-surped by the LS460 as the king of the luxury sedan..

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

And what amazes me most is all this is from a company who's top of the line car was this just 20 years ago:
    Attached Images
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    And what amazes me most is all this is from a company who's top of the line car was this just 20 years ago:
    No, that wasnt even close to the best Toyota could make back then. You forgot the indulgently luxurious Toyota Century.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Toyota Supra or Cressida FTW!

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by PAULSTSMAN1 View Post
    This is Bob Lutz thinking, so as long as this kind of thinking prevails, Cadillac will only make 2nd rate cars. The Lexus LS460, is the best Luxury Car made.
    If by "second rate" you mean "doesn't have stuff thats useless but that rich people like to brag about" then you might be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville View Post
    If by "second rate" you mean "doesn't have stuff thats useless but that rich people like to brag about" then you might be correct.
    Thats what the rich want in a luxury car. They want as many gizmo's and gadgets as they can have to make them feel wealthy and stuff to brag about. Cadillac's are nice enough cars but they ain't a Maybach. That is luxury!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Thats what the rich want in a luxury car. They want as many gizmo's and gadgets as they can have to make them feel wealthy and stuff to brag about. Cadillac's are nice enough cars but they ain't a Maybach. That is luxury!
    Exactly. It may seem useless to you since the CEO of the company you work for will never get into your vehicle, but if I can give MY boss a reclining rear leather seat with massage and whatever other nonsense is available.....
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

It's all in the details my friend, it's the close attention that Japanese engineers spend so much time on, the little things that make all the differences and ultimately separate this LS460 from anything Cadillac is doing.

RedGalant2k1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): N/A

Well than become a wealthy person and build your own super basic luxury sedan. Meanwhile Lexus will endulge people in fabulous accoutrements that have and always will make people buy it in droves.

The Lexus LS460 is a fantastic car, the extras, the build, the service, the company are all top notch.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 View Post
    It's all in the details my friend, it's the close attention that Japanese engineers spend so much time on, the little things that make all the differences and ultimately separate this LS460 from anything Cadillac is doing.

Exactly!!!! +10 for Brian!

My grandfather bought a new GS430 and the dealership invited him to their dealership after they had closed and my grandfather met the owner of the dealership and they setup a private little party with wine and cheese. All of the management staff was on hand and the owner of the dealership handed my grandfather the keys and he was on his way. It's stuff like that that would make a person want to do business with them again and again which he has. He bought my grandmom a LX300 and then traded that in and got her a new LX330.

Exactly. While Cadillac is more into making their cars fast Lexus is looking into making the world's most quite interior for a car. I dunno about you davesdeville but I think that screams luxury more then having a Corvette engine under the hood

This is what some people understand and some just "won't"...

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The IS convertible and IS coupe need to hit the market NOW to sustain Lexus's sales position, because BMW and Cadillac are #2 and #3, and their success rests on the 3-series and CTS, both of which are highly profitable and emphasize sport over luxury.

As marvelous as I believe the LS460 will be, its unimportant in terms of sales competition and the bottom line. The supersedan is meant to be a low-volume halo product for showcasing technology. Seldom do sales become anything fiscally meaningful, as their purpose is to build credibility for the brand.

[MB is now #4, and you can guess where MB's customers went after their quality decline.]

The most noteworthy change in the luxury market is the sudden importance of ENTRY luxury and SPORT luxury. Back in 1990, Lexus and Infiniti arrived with full size sedans as their primary products, but with the passing of time, a more youthful, more aspirational public went for cars like the 3-series, CTS, and G35. The Lexus IS never gained much steam, but sales are slowly growing with the latest generation. Infiniti's rebirth came from the $30,000 G35, not from the opulent '02 Q45, which was a massive sales failure.

Young people are less likely than their parents to prolong their joy or make sacrifices, which means they will spend NOW for as much luxury as they can possibly have. And naturally, being young, they'll want some sport with their luxury. As a result, cars like the DTS, LS, and S-class become less important and less relevant.

Perhaps, once my hair is gray and my bowels lose their ability to hold my stool in, I'll change my mind and lose interest in cars like the CTS and XLR. When that happens, I'll let you know, and you can take my new Lexus for a spin.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.