2008 Imperial
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2008 Imperial in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Sadly I have been told of an initial decession to not bring the Imperial to market. I am not sure ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Thumbs down 2008 Imperial

Sadly I have been told of an initial decession to not bring the Imperial to market. I am not sure as to whether the decession pertains to the design shown, or to the nameplate. I think my understanding is to the design shown.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: 2008 Imperial

That's too bad! That was an awesome looking car!

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Yeah but look on the bright side Sandy, they were probably gonna fill it up with German parts anyway. Who needs that?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I think the Imperial looks like the Chinese copy of a Rolls Royce. BUT, if it could do what the Town Car could do with some improvements, it could succeed somewhat. But then again, maybe they see what Ford is doing in possibly getting rid of the Town Car and are thinking the market is going away.

When replacing the Town Car this winter, I may be going with a DTS. I just wish it was RWD.

Certainly Ford's dismal sales of the Town Car, since 2004 have caught their eye in Auburn Hills.
    The concept's styling drew many many appreciative comments, but it also drew way more criticisim than expected. Myself, I didn't like the P.T. Cruiser hood and grille, which I found that I was the ONLY one who pickedup on that !! The taillamps made the car's back end look like the front end of a car, causing many to commented about that. The back end was indeed "a Mess" and needed to be cleaned up. The only really good part was the roof and body sides. Front & back were waaaay too busy. The wheels were terrific as was the "dutch doors" and the interior. That's alot more "good" than "bad" ~ to build upon. They need to "relax" on the front end and simplify it and deep six that 1980s Dodge Diplomat COUPE trunk lid, in favor of a simplified unit, and then they've got something. Price it with all options made standard. Only choices customer has to make:- paint color & interior and price it AT $49,000, no more. While filling the thing with IPOD, MP3, 12 Disc CD Changer, 4 Cup Holders, Integrated Cell Phone are nice, don't do so at the expense of forgetting the things that the 1975 Imperial had that were convenience FOR DRIVING! Do not forget that it is, in the end, A CAR!! !!
    So, to that end, lets have:-
    Twilight Sentinel Lighting
    Automatic Beam Changer
    Automatic 10MPH Door Locking
    Rain Sencing Windshield Wipers
    One Touch Down FRONT door windows
    One Touch Open Moonroof
    Dual Exhausts
    and other driving conveniences !!
    Colors ?
    They need to review their own 1967 Imperial Color Offerings and forget about today's common choice of 9 to 11 colors. (11 on Caddy & 9 on Lincoln

For those of you not yet over 55, here's the color selection for the 1967 Imperial:-
    Silver Mist / Formal Black / Aegean Blue / Wedgewood Blue / Regal Blue / Haze Green / Forest Green / Sepia Brown / Aqua Turquoise / Twilight Turquoise / Turbine Bronze / Flame Red / Plum Red / Daffodil Yellow / Ivory / Persian White / Sandalwood Beige / Desert Fawn / Cinnamon Gold / Charcoal Gray / Dusty Mauve-Pink / Ruby Red. 22 Choices and 12 interior leather colors !!

Ahhh, you are the same Sandy that frequents the lincolntowncar.org forums, are you not?

When I read Twilight Sentinel Lighting, I knew that was you! You're obsessed with that feature! j/k

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

"Imperial" is a name that should be on something classy, not garish.

noahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 SDV

Sandy - I know you were really looking forward to the proposed Imperial, but I must say I think the marque is better off - at least without that one. That design was so burdened with sales limiting mistakes. Chrysler as you know has often tried and failed to incorporate 'classic' style cues into contemporary design, and the photos I saw looked like a comic collage of them. The Imperial needs to stand out and stand alone; create trends rather than follow them.

I've always been curious Sandy, of your impressions of what was probably the least popular of the Imperials, the 1990-1992 stretched "K" version.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    I think the Imperial looks like the Chinese copy of a Rolls Royce. BUT, if it could do what the Town Car could do with some improvements, it could succeed somewhat. But then again, maybe they see what Ford is doing in possibly getting rid of the Town Car and are thinking the market is going away.

When replacing the Town Car this winter, I may be going with a DTS. I just wish it was RWD.
    THERE IS A 2007 TOWN CAR ! They are in production NOW, and will continue thru & including April of 2007. I read like 35,000 will be made.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Ahhh, you are the same Sandy that frequents the lincolntowncar.org forums, are you not?

When I read Twilight Sentinel Lighting, I knew that was you! You're obsessed with that feature! j/k
    YES, same Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by noahsdad
    Sandy - I know you were really looking forward to the proposed Imperial, but I must say I think the marque is better off - at least without that one. That design was so burdened with sales limiting mistakes. Chrysler as you know has often tried and failed to incorporate 'classic' style cues into contemporary design, and the photos I saw looked like a comic collage of them. The Imperial needs to stand out and stand alone; create trends rather than follow them.

I've always been curious Sandy, of your impressions of what was probably the least popular of the Imperials, the 1990-1992 stretched "K" version.

I thought that it was "okay". Not really worthy of the nameplate, but also not an offensive car. It was like your very favorite soup (or coffee ~ your pick) ...... served a little cold.

What more can I say? Well, I guess I could add that was about the time (1993) I switched over to Cadillac.....and then to Lincoln.....and next time, probably back to Cadillac, now that the garish Imperial is dead.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by noahsdad

Personally, I think they're kinda neat cars. Designed to compete with a deVille or a Continental, but priced and built closer to a Park Avenue. They were a pretty reliable car right, but none too powerful or quick.

I'd take one, but not as a "prized car".

I know where there is a triple black example, with Air Suspension with 7,200 miles on it, as new throughout. $14,000 will make it yours. It's in New England. No it's NOT mine! I never had a 1990-1993 Imperial. I did have a Gold 1982 bustleback coupe. That was my last Imp. IMO the last "REAL" Imp; built with real Imperial quality and to time honored Imperial levels was the 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    THERE IS A 2007 TOWN CAR ! They are in production NOW, and will continue thru & including April of 2007. I read like 35,000 will be made.
    Oh, I know. But since my fleet will most likely to be expanding with possibly an '07 Escalade or Yukon XL, the next sedan will be in the stable for 5 years, instead of 3. I just don't want to own a car that no longer is being made for the last 2 years.

That would therefore be ruling out a Pierce Arrow, correct ?

(Just making my point)......

I may order a 2007 Town Car, but THAT is based solely upon my desires for a big car. Big not only on the inside, bit on the outside, too. Big in length and width, not wanting "big" in height, as in a SUV. Our son is an EMS Tech and on-duty Thursdays + Fridays 6PM to 1AM and not a week goes by that he's not dealing with a SUV roll-over. Ths past Friday one was "tapped" at 20 MPH as it flew down an interestate at an estimated 63-66 MPH and was tapped or "kissed" in the passenger SIDE rear of the wheel cutout, ahead of the taillamp, and it swearved a bit, and the driver could not regain her stabliity and over she went! 3 busted ribs, one broken arm, and one head trauma, shared between 2 people!

If it's ILLEAGLE to load anything above the Bottom of a window (due to obliterating vision) why dear God do they make these things 74 inches tall ?? ?? ??

Think twice about that Empire State Building on wheels.
    The kids been on the force for a year, and has never been called to a passenger car roll over. Weekly on an SUV. A roll over usually means a 70% probability of serious injury.

Town Cars don't roll.......have a 23 Cu Ft trunk, too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.