2008 Imperial - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2008 Imperial in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Sandy If it's ILLEAGLE to load anything above the Bottom of a window (due to obliterating vision) ...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: 2008 Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    If it's ILLEAGLE to load anything above the Bottom of a window (due to obliterating vision) why dear God do they make these things 74 inches tall ?? ?? ??
    For anything light and tall? And to sit comfortably upright?

Think twice about that Empire State Building on wheels.
    The kids been on the force for a year, and has never been called to a passenger car roll over. Weekly on an SUV. A roll over usually means a 70% probability of serious injury.

Town Cars don't roll.......have a 23 Cu Ft trunk, too.
    Makes me think of Dodges claim "wider is better"

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

That was PONTIAC, in 1960 ! W-I-D-E- * T-R-A-C-K * P-O-N-T-I-A-C !
    wider IS better !

We were informed of this 60 times a day in Radio & T.V. ! I was 14 years old and it's still embedded in my bones.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

That was PONTIAC, in 1960 ! W-I-D-E- * T-R-A-C-K * P-O-N-T-I-A-C !
    wider IS better !

We were informed of this 60 times a day in Radio & T.V. ! I was 14 years old and it's still embedded in my bones.
    My folks bought a '60 Bonneville convertible: black, with a white top, and 3-tone red leather bucket seats. You could not get my mother out of it - she loved to drive fast and furious, kept the top down in all but the worst weather, and was craaaaaaaazy about that car. After only one year, they had to sell it because my dad got stationed to Korea and we couldn't take it with us, and mom was wrecked over the loss of that big black Bonneville.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

The Imperial was going to be a hard sell. The 300C already stickers at $40K+, so to move the Imperial upmarket means a $50K+ sticker. That's pretty rarified air for our pedestrian domestic car makers. Only Caddy dares enter that arena with the STS and that's even slowing in the sales department. Sandy have you read up on the new LongWheelBase 300C? The car mags say that the livery business demand will all but strip out production. But this may be the vehicle you're looking for if you want the size of a Town Car, a V8 and plenty and I do mean plenty of leg room.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    The Imperial was going to be a hard sell. The 300C already stickers at $40K+, so to move the Imperial upmarket means a $50K+ sticker. That's pretty rarified air for our pedestrian domestic car makers. Only Caddy dares enter that arena with the STS and that's even slowing in the sales department. Sandy have you read up on the new LongWheelBase 300C? The car mags say that the livery business demand will all but strip out production. But this may be the vehicle you're looking for if you want the size of a Town Car, a V8 and plenty and I do mean plenty of leg room.
    I'm sure a number of companies will get the 300CL, or is that 300C L? But unless they give us extra amenities, rear seat controls and a softer ride, I can tell you that my company won't be getting them and many of the other upper echelon companies will refrain as well. Personally, I think it would be great to drive. But my clients won't care what I think. Only what their ass feels.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

I don't think a 300 would ride smooth enough to be a limo. You would need the T/C for that.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

It seems to me that for a limousine you'd want something distinctive to start with, and I think the 300's are becoming less so all the time, because they are EVERYWHERE. Up here in northern California there are billions of them, and I'd bet money the novelty will wear off. Yes, I know I'm off topic again - so shoot me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.