Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Stoneage_Caddy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Exactly what a baby from a Focus and a Taurus would look like...

#6 ·
brougham said:
I don't really see Crown Vic/Grand Marquis in it at all :( I think tru504187211 has it. The way the headlights and grille are look a bit like a Focus but sort of stretched bigger. The dash also has the Focus look to it.
DOH! You would disagree!! :D ;) I am looking at my 2003 Marauder brochure and with regard to the headlights, they actually look more like the current Deville IMO. The lights are compressed horozontally for this new car compared to the Marauder, but look at the rims, they are practically IDENTICAL to the big Merc's. I'm sorry, but the grille does look like the Marauders as well, complete with the appropriate Ford/Merc logo right in the center! Check again. :yup:

#9 ·
The rims?? They don't even have the same amount of spokes and they aren't chrome!! :histeric: But they are just about identical to Taurus ones :shocked: The grille does look a little bit like a Crown Vic one but not the Marauder. Most cars have an emblem in the centre of the grille.

I dunno Ralph, I guess I just don't got the same imagination as you :bonkers: :helpless: :p

Ralph said:
DOH! You would disagree!! :D ;) I am looking at my 2003 Marauder brochure and with regard to the headlights, they actually look more like the current Deville IMO. The lights are compressed horozontally for this new car compared to the Marauder, but look at the rims, they are practically IDENTICAL to the big Merc's. I'm sorry, but the grille does look like the Marauders as well, complete with the appropriate Ford/Merc logo right in the center! Check again. :yup:

#13 ·
brougham said:
The rims?? They don't even have the same amount of spokes and they aren't chrome!! :histeric: But they are just about identical to Taurus ones :shocked: The grille does look a little bit like a Crown Vic one but not the Marauder. Most cars have an emblem in the centre of the grille.

I dunno Ralph, I guess I just don't got the same imagination as you :bonkers: :helpless: :p
:dammit: :D

#19 ·
Brett said:
Not sure what you mean by luxury Sal....isnt this the replacement for the Taurus?
Define luxury. To me, it means fairly smooth ride, leather, and power everything. I think a lot of cars even smaller mid-size ones fit into this category today? Aren't there optional, more powerful engines available for this car? Perhaps in the future.

#21 ·
Well once Ford SVT team starts getting together and start bringing out new cars/trucks in 2005 or 2006 Ford claimed that there would be an unspecified new car added to the SVT lineup. Maybe this would be the car? If so I can't wait because I think its hot looking to begin with and once SVT gets there hands on it it will be even more hot!

#22 ·
"Not sure what you mean by luxury Sal....isnt this the replacement for the Taurus?"

not exactly , replaceing the taurus is a 2 tier deal at ford , first is the 500 , which is more of a impala deal , then the futura will pick up the slack at the samller end , futura will be based off the mazda 6 .

if you ask me id say yes 500 replaces the taurus diretly , by just going up in size , and the futura replaces the mystic/contour twins that went out of production a few years ago

"unspecified new car added to the SVT lineup" i doubt it will be the 500 , last time around it was called a SHO and only came with a slushbox and they had a hard time moving them , well see a svt futura before a 500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.