Ford Five Hundred - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Ford Five Hundred in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Not sure what you mean by luxury Sal....isnt this the replacement for the Taurus?...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: Ford Five Hundred

Not sure what you mean by luxury Sal....isnt this the replacement for the Taurus?

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

The interior looks pretty nice. The exterior looks like a candy assed version of the crown vic. And 3L v6 pulling 2 tons, aye carumba thats probably a high 17 - low 18 second car.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    The interior looks pretty nice. The exterior looks like a candy assed version of the crown vic. And 3L v6 pulling 2 tons, aye carumba thats probably a high 17 - low 18 second car.
    prolly would be more attractive with the Lincoln LS 280hp V8.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Not sure what you mean by luxury Sal....isnt this the replacement for the Taurus?
    Define luxury. To me, it means fairly smooth ride, leather, and power everything. I think a lot of cars even smaller mid-size ones fit into this category today? Aren't there optional, more powerful engines available for this car? Perhaps in the future.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Im sure luxury can be defined in a lot of ways, but when a car replaces the taurus, to me that does not qualify...as for more optional engines, there are none to my knowledge....its a camry fighter, nothing more

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Well once Ford SVT team starts getting together and start bringing out new cars/trucks in 2005 or 2006 Ford claimed that there would be an unspecified new car added to the SVT lineup. Maybe this would be the car? If so I can't wait because I think its hot looking to begin with and once SVT gets there hands on it it will be even more hot!

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

"Not sure what you mean by luxury Sal....isnt this the replacement for the Taurus?"

not exactly , replaceing the taurus is a 2 tier deal at ford , first is the 500 , which is more of a impala deal , then the futura will pick up the slack at the samller end , futura will be based off the mazda 6 .

if you ask me id say yes 500 replaces the taurus diretly , by just going up in size , and the futura replaces the mystic/contour twins that went out of production a few years ago

"unspecified new car added to the SVT lineup" i doubt it will be the 500 , last time around it was called a SHO and only came with a slushbox and they had a hard time moving them , well see a svt futura before a 500

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.