All Guys who Drive WRX STIs Have Hairy Palms - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, All Guys who Drive WRX STIs Have Hairy Palms in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by CTS-VPaco I'm partial to the exhaust note of the boxer 4. I love imports. Shit, I love ...
    m3driver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: All Guys who Drive WRX STIs Have Hairy Palms

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-VPaco
    I'm partial to the exhaust note of the boxer 4. I love imports. Shit, I love cars. I do get alot of props for my V when I go hang out with the homies on the block. W3rd!11

Seriously, that WRX better bring some sauce for the big American cars in the GT series. The Skyline GTR, which I had high hopes for, is getting its ass kicked. I haven't watched much of the GT series, but the bitch I did catch, the poor Nissan wasn't running in the top 20.

The WRX is bad ass, tho'. Huge, wide wheels, big fender flares and turbo. Things that make me go "BOING!!!"
    yeah it's going to tough trying to decide who to root for. The car I drive every day, or the car I drove in the NASA 25hour enduro. Here's a link to the same car in its WC GT livery.

http://www.esxmotorsports.com/roadracing.htm

I wish Gary luck. I don't expect a ton since it's the first race and they are doing it on a shoestring.

Marco

trekster is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V R.I.P.

I don't know why people are saying that the sti's are ugly. I think they're nice looking cars. There one of the only 4 banger cars that I have respect for.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

It's amazing listening to some of you guys. When I read this...

I went onto the Subaru website to price out a fully loaded STi after my original post and it stickered for over $35k. Even fully loaded, this STi still doesn't come close to the V in amenities or overall ride quality.
    I almost fell of my chair laughing. Are you really comparing a luxury sports car to a pocket rocket? Well who would have thunk that one!? A luxury car having more gizmo's and gadgets then a out of the box race car. The reason why the ride quality sucks is because it's a tight race suspension and if you want the best handling you get what kind of suspension? The STI's and Evo's are some of the best bang for the buck cars out there. The boxer engine with a nice quality exhaust sounds amazing. I see this kid drive by damn near everyday with a black WRX with a nice exhaust on it. It almost sounds like a V8. It has a nice deep throaty sound to it. And who ever said the VQ35DE engine sounds like crap deserves to get smacked. That exhaust note i could listen to all day long and never get tired of it. But between that CTS-V and the STI I think anybody with half a brain would take the STI over the CTS-V for racing purposes (auto-x or drag racing). For $30k it's performance doesn't justify it's price tag. If you were looking at performance numbers alone that car should be a $40k+ car. In most cases the STI's will beat a CTS-V stock for stock in every performance catagory.

2004 Cadillac CTS-V
    0-60: 5.1
    1/4: 13.4

2006 Subaru WRX STI
    0-60: 4.5
    1/4: 13.0

Imperator is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Light Platinum STS-V - 2005 Black Raven CTS-V (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    And who ever said the VQ35DE engine sounds like crap deserves to get smacked. That exhaust note i could listen to all day long and never get tired of it.
    YOUR joking, right? I said the VQ35DE sounds like crap, especially from the G35's "tuned" stock exhaust. I admit it sounds better uncorked though. Have fun listening to your kazoo all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator
    YOUR joking, right? I said the VQ35DE sounds like crap, especially from the G35's "tuned" stock exhaust. I admit it sounds better uncorked though. Have fun listening to your kazoo all day long.
    Do you even have a clue as to what you are talking about? Some of you guys are all over the place when it comes to why STI's "suck" when in actuality you probably have very little if no knowledge about them at all. It sounds like some of you got butt hurt against one so now your only refuge is coming on here are talking crap about the car and their owners. In other words you guys are lame.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Personally, I'm just glad that I scraped enough money to be among the richest people in the world. Oh wait, nevermind. There are E55 and M5 drivers that laugh at us and may mock our crude little $50k sports sedan. I'm just glad I can appreciate any car that is entertaining and a joy to drive without the need of self-empowerment.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Some of you need to grow up

Vendetta-V- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven Black: 13.4 @ 107mph; !CAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    It's amazing listening to some of you guys. When I read this...

I almost fell of my chair laughing. Are you really comparing a luxury sports car to a pocket rocket? Well who would have thunk that one!? A luxury car having more gizmo's and gadgets then a out of the box race car. The reason why the ride quality sucks is because it's a tight race suspension and if you want the best handling you get what kind of suspension? The STI's and Evo's are some of the best bang for the buck cars out there. The boxer engine with a nice quality exhaust sounds amazing. I see this kid drive by damn near everyday with a black WRX with a nice exhaust on it. It almost sounds like a V8. It has a nice deep throaty sound to it. And who ever said the VQ35DE engine sounds like crap deserves to get smacked. That exhaust note i could listen to all day long and never get tired of it. But between that CTS-V and the STI I think anybody with half a brain would take the STI over the CTS-V for racing purposes (auto-x or drag racing). For $30k it's performance doesn't justify it's price tag. If you were looking at performance numbers alone that car should be a $40k+ car. In most cases the STI's will beat a CTS-V stock for stock in every performance catagory.

2004 Cadillac CTS-V
    0-60: 5.1
    1/4: 13.4

2006 Subaru WRX STI
    0-60: 4.5
    1/4: 13.0
    Quoting me out of context...yeah, that's real grown up. Why don't you read my ENTIRE conversation (that you butted into) with ACE and you will see I said comparing STi to the V is apples to oranges for the same reason you aptly reiterated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta-V-
    Quoting me out of context...yeah, that's real grown up. Why don't you read my ENTIRE conversation (that you butted into) with ACE and you will see I said comparing STi to the V is apples to oranges for the same reason you aptly reiterated above.
    This is what I was reffering too.
    Even fully loaded, this STi still doesn't come close to the V in amenities or overall ride quality.
    Basically the way you came off was that you were knocking the STI saying that because it didn't have the amount of amenities or the overall ride quality makes a lesser of a car. Whether you meant it that way or not that was how I saw your post and that was how I responded to it. But pretty much after going through your posts I didn't see one positive remark about the STI. All I saw was you knocking it about its ride quality

Vendetta-V- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven Black: 13.4 @ 107mph; !CAGS

If it makes you feel better, I know two people who own one and run them at the track all the time with my IS.

I don't need to compliment that car...they speak for themselves. The bottom quote where I talked about amenities or overall ride quality was in the context of making ACE feel better that he bought a V instead of the STi

ace996 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Lemon Law'd '05 V

Now...now...no need for all the fuss, we all have our opinions and experiences. And for what it's worth..which isn't much these days...mine is this:
    -if one were looking for the best "bang-for-the-buck" corner carver, light-to-light racer, autoxer, track-ho, snow blasting, embarass most vehicles in the dry/wet/snow...then the STI is the deal. It doesn't try to be a luxury car, or a hybrid of anything other than a racecar/streetcar. Its pretty focused and makes no excuses.
    -if one were looking for a demon-wrath sedan with class, that could bit#ch slap most vehicles on the road while still hauling a family in comfortable beauty...the V is it.

They are both great, one just needs a little more engineering work...you know , to work out the bugs.
    -ace

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

um everyone is allowed express their opinions.
    sound, looks and such are subjective.
    As for performance quotes, both cars are very close to each other. One mag will get better figures than other and vice versa.

bluetwo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well it looks like the V is faster in a straight line. But it's not as good in inclimate weather. I drive a WRX and you can say what you want about my car, but the way I see it is at least it's a car and not an SUV. That said I respect all cars more than all SUV's and as far as I'm concerned we all share a passion for HP and fast cars.

As far as hairy palms.... well I am single but at least I can do what I want when I want. And I never have to follow a chick around the store like a lot of guys I see.

And... here's a link to Top Gears take on the V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzLVhtfPf2w

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.