Whats Faster? 06 Bmw 550 Or Chrysler 300 Srt8?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Whats Faster? 06 Bmw 550 Or Chrysler 300 Srt8? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Bmw has sticker of $61xxx, I can lease for $650/mo with $5000 down. 24 mo. / 15k mi per year. ...
    mnext02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Whats Faster? 06 Bmw 550 Or Chrysler 300 Srt8?

Bmw has sticker of $61xxx, I can lease for $650/mo with $5000 down. 24 mo. / 15k mi per year.
    seem like a good deal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Whats Faster? 06 Bmw 550 Or Chrysler 300 Srt8?

The SRT-8 should be significantly quicker, due to the 65 additional hp, but theres more to buying a car than the 0-60 times....as I have found out.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: Dont Move This To Cadillac Vs! Its Not A Cadillac Question!

LOL. Go ahead pay $68,000 to get a similarly equipped vehicle that's slower than both the CTS-V and the SRT-8. At least you can tell your bud's you're driving a beemer.

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

Whats quicker a Bmw 550 or a Chrysler 300 SRt8?
    The SRT-8 is faster by a long shot. The BMW is made more for luxury than for speed, although it is faster than most other sedans in its class.

The Bmw has sticker of $61xxx, I can lease for $650/mo with $5000 down. 24 mo. / 15k mi per year.
    seem like a good deal?
    I don't like leasing at all because in the end you don't end up with anything except a boatload of cash out of your bank account. After 2 years, the lease will cost you appx $21,000, you could nearly finance a Camry for that! I've never got why people lease cars, it just takes your money and gives you nothing in return. Personally, I'd save your money and buy an actual car instead of "renting" one.

Why did you pick the 550i exactly, there are many more choices out there...

mnext02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

cuz the car costs 60k. i could put 15k down and two years into try to sell it. I wouldnt get more than 40k for it. so i still lost money.

550 0-60 time is 4.2, srt8 is no faster

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by mnext02

4.2 ? 5.2 maybe ? It's rated at 360HP. The V is 400HP and about 4.8 0-60.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by mnext02
    cuz the car costs 60k. i could put 15k down and two years into try to sell it. I wouldnt get more than 40k for it. so i still lost money.

4.2? If it really did that I would possibly forget my dislike for the car's obviously Pontiac inspired styling.

Low 5s is accurate. The SRT8 is faster in a straight line, I doubt its handling is as good.

I'm a big BMW person and I would NOT buy it. The previous 5 is a better car and almost as fast.

I don't think you understand what leasing is. You don't actually own the car, rather you rent it. At the end of a lease, you have the option to buy the car for its market value. You couldn't sell it because you don't own it.

I was wrong, both cars have 0-60 times of 4.8 seconds respectively.

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyArizona
    I don't think you understand what leasing is. You don't actually own the car, rather you rent it. At the end of a lease, you have the option to buy the car for its market value. You couldn't sell it because you don't own it.
    You can sell a lease vehicle so long as you cover any remaining payments and the residual value of the vehicle.

As for lease versus buy, I lease many vehicles for a number of reasons. First and foremost, As I own my own corporation, the corporation leases my car for me.

Secondly, buying a car with a loan is essentially like putting money into a declining-value savings account — you never get out as much as you put in. A portion of every payment you make is lost to depreciation and finance charges. What you have "to show" for your investment when your loan is paid off is only the part that is left over after depreciation and interest. A terrible investment by any measure.

Leasing, then, is similar to buying, but without the "savings account." You only pay for what you use and don't put anything into "savings." It's true that you'll own nothing at the end of a lease; you'll have nothing "to show" for the money you've put into it. But... what you don't own is the same part of the car — the depreciated part — that a buyer too doesn't own at the end of his loan. Again, a car's value depreciates the same amount whether it is leased or purchased.

With leasing, you may have the option of putting your monthly payment savings into more productive investments, such as mutual funds or stocks that have the possibility of increasing in value.

((http://www.leaseguide.com/lease03.htm said it better than I could))

chuckdobbins is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 deville

The SRT-8 is faster by a long shot. The BMW is made more for luxury than for speed, although it is faster than most other sedans in its class.

I don't like leasing at all because in the end you don't end up with anything except a boatload of cash out of your bank account. After 2 years, the lease will cost you appx $21,000, you could nearly finance a Camry for that! I've never got why people lease cars, it just takes your money and gives you nothing in return. Personally, I'd save your money and buy an actual car instead of "renting" one.

Why did you pick the 550i exactly, there are many more choices out there...
    the way i see, be it im 21 and dont fully understand everything yet (imagine that), is that people lease cuz they figure "ah the heck with it, im gonna be paying a car payment my entire life, i might as well drive WHAT i want, WHEN i want."

at the end of the agreement, if its a thumbs down...hey atleast you never purchased it. sick of your car after 2 years? thank god you leased cuz now you can try something else.

thats my take. it makes sense to me.

but for petes sake get the dodge!!

at the end of the agreement, if its a thumbs down...hey atleast you never purchased it. sick of your car after 2 years? thank god you leased cuz now you can try something else.
    The argument makes sense, but it still bewilders me why someone would willingly throw money away and not get anything for it. I would rather just finance the car and own it after 4 years. Different strokes for different folks...

Jonas McFeely is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb750
    4.2? If it really did that I would possibly forget my dislike for the car's obviously Pontiac inspired styling.

Low 5s is accurate. The SRT8 is faster in a straight line, I doubt its handling is as good.

I'm a big BMW person and I would NOT buy it. The previous 5 is a better car and almost as fast.
    Yeah im sure all the dudes over in Munich were like "how con vee make zee bmw 550i zook zike a pontiac vibe?"

I believe bmw started their trademark 2-opening grille in the early 60's,pontiac did it in the late 60's.And the upward slanting headlights on the 550i was just natural progression of the original design.

Im still recovering from friday night and i seriously have nothing better to do than google search pictures of pontiacs and bmw's.Ahhhh......

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Ya know, I wonder how many people go into leases... and don't actually realize that....

leasing today is what gets people into a car that is way out of their means...

I will never, ever lease.

I am even hesistant about financing, just because I feel if you don't have the money, then don't get it.... but I will probably end up financing my next vehicle as I'll just be starting a career and have no reserve cash...

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 85EvergreenBrougham
    Yeah im sure all the dudes over in Munich were like "how con vee make zee bmw 550i zook zike a pontiac vibe?"

I believe bmw started their trademark 2-opening grille in the early 60's,pontiac did it in the late 60's.And the upward slanting headlights on the 550i was just natural progression of the original design.

Im still recovering from friday night and i seriously have nothing better to do than google search pictures of pontiacs and bmw's.Ahhhh......

My gosh, physical proof that just because a car cost 3x+ more... it still looks like crap. Those Pontiacs sure are sharp looking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.