2006 Carol Shelby Mustang VS 2006 CTS-V? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2006 Carol Shelby Mustang VS 2006 CTS-V? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Katshot As I wrote that, I wondered if anyone would take it that way. Rest assured, I ...
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: 2006 Carol Shelby Mustang VS 2006 CTS-V?

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    As I wrote that, I wondered if anyone would take it that way.
    Rest assured, I ALWAYS will. It's a gift really.

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Met one of the guys who works on the transmission that is this Mustang. Great guy, and the auto show was closing down and he had to stick around to make sure the car was treated correctly.

I asked if he could pop the hood, he said he would love to but loves much more to keep his job. This was back in Febuary btw.

Anyway he said the numbers weren't final but upwards of 475 is where it's looking and it will be supercharged. One of the guys who talks about the car on the stage said they were trying to not to call it the Cobra, but rather aviod that name and just call it the GT500, Shelby Mustang, Shelby GT500, but not Shelby Cobra, or Cobra, or Cobra Mustang.

One thing that ticked me off is that the Ford GT WAS NOT on the showroom, the ran out of floor space and instead of takeing away one of the 3 Lincoln Zephers the GT (the pace car for the company) sat on the truck the whole show, saw it as I was leaving and asked the trucker why it on the truck, thats the reason he told me.

Pictures:

The Mustang is for the driver in us all and for the guy who hasn't grown up yet, the car nut.
    The CTS-V is for the guy who cares about Luxury and all the refinement stuff but still be able to get up and go to 60 in under 5. Might have to crate around business partners or kids too.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Anothe reason why they probably didn't have the GT there was because this is the last year for them so they probably figured why bother putting it in the show when its all but done

marnepup is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the shelby in a class of it's own?

I agree that you can't compare the shelby to the v-series, but it will will be in a class with the GTO, the camaro Z28, and the challenger SRT8, to name a few. Especially if the GTO and Z28 are the same car with a different badge...

THANK YOU DETROIT, HORSEPOWER WARS ARE BACK!!!

/edit/ why are they trying so hard to avoid letting "cobra" escape their lips when they have those retarded snake badges all over the car?

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Quote Originally Posted by marnepup
    /edit/ why are they trying so hard to avoid letting "cobra" escape their lips when they have those retarded snake badges all over the car?
    that was my question and didn't get an answer on that from them, except I don't consider them retarded, I like them.

Haleykeek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Seville STS North*

this is'nt much of a comparison.the Shelby GT500 would essentially mop the floor with the CTS-V.now if the CTS had the 505bhp motor ,it might be a different story.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine
    that was my question and didn't get an answer on that from them, except I don't consider them retarded, I like them.
    I'm hoping that it's because this ugly-ass monstrosity is just a stand-in until a REAL Cobra hits the streets. After a long awaited return, this car is such a let down in my book. Yeah, it's fast but it doesn't have half the bad-ass looks of the last Cobra IMO.

csp3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Not a good comparison IMO. Mustangs are no where near a luxury sports car, they're just a cheap pony car. And yes the Mustang will be faster than the V. So is a liter bike, but that doesn't mean I'd want to ride one all the time.
    I couldn't agree more...

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Here's the real news. The Shelby Mustang's times are sorry as hell for a 475 hp, supposedly under-rated pony car. I've seen 12.8 - 13.1 quarter mile times. That's all you've got?! Hell, SRT-8's are hitting those times. Hardly worth the Shelby name or the $10K upcharge.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.