BMW 550i - What a waste - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, BMW 550i - What a waste in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; "if the Germans were such whiz kids, why did they lose WW II??" What does that have to do with ...
    JCM1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: BMW 550i - What a waste

"if the Germans were such whiz kids, why did they lose WW II??"

What does that have to do with it? Funny part is, if Hitler wasn't such an idiot when it came to miliarty tactics and left fighting the war to his generals, Germany would have won. And yes, that is a FACT. If you study the events of the Normandy invasion for example, Hitler could have committed his 13th Army Group to the fight instead of leaving the smaller, less equiped 7th Army to defend Normandy and it would have been all over. This would have given the German enginneers the extra three months necessary to complete their own atomic bomb and the Germans had a V-2 rocket delivery system. So it was by God's good grace that Hilter was an idiot and did not listen to his generals and we were not f***ed in that war.
    And lets not forget all the technology that the Germans developed in the relm of rocketry was the reason for most of the advancments the United States and the Soviet Union made in the exploration of space as well as the development of ICBM's. And that's only one of several examples, jet engines were another area of German achevment as well as several major advancments in the business of developing nasty war toys. Both the United States and the Soviet Union shaved at least 15 years off of their R&D in several areas due to the information they captured after the war ended.

P.S. Out produced yes but, considering the war was never taken to the U.S. mainland and the size difference of the countries that's no surprise. Out "teched", not a chance in hell.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Wow, defending the Nazi's war machine. Cool. The 550i still sux and isn't worth the money.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by toysnob
    I think it addresses it fine since I made several mentions that Merces Benz was recently an exception to the long held German mantle of quality cars. I think I was even the first to mention it, so what exactly is your gripe here?

Even that said, its uncharacteristic of MB, and in the history of cars its a blip on the radar.

American car fans remind me of Red Sox fans. Its like, yeah the Red Sox won the World Series, and yeah they trounced the Yankees in a historic playoff series, and they finally have a foot on the playing field of championship baseball. But it's as if that is supposed to erase an 86 year drought. As if the Yankees aren't going to own once again?

I mean common, GM is bleeding money out it's a$$, there are no gaurantees it will be around in 5 years, let alone 3.
    Bad analogies all over the place here. The Yankees are now the ones bleeding money out its a$$ and not winning World Series. The Red Sox are doing it the right way. And as for quality of American cars... I was able to drive my V around just fine during its break-in period. I know the difference between a Mass Airflow Sensor and an O2 sensor. And my V will still spank your RS4.

Has absolutly nothing to do with defending the Nazi war machine. And considering I have Jewish relatives that's definalty not the case. The point is too many Americans allow themselves to become complaicent and rely on past victories regardless if it is war or automotive engineering. You can't stand there and salute the flag and claim to be number one as our market share slips to the Germans and Japanese. American auto manufactures once again are repeating the 1970's. It hasn't been until the last three or so years that some are waking up and realizing how much we have once again handed to the Germans and Japanese. It is as simple as this; if you don't know your enemy and understand his capabilities then you don't even know yourself. If we want to be number one again then we need to pull our heads out of our asses and start building cars with the fit and finish, superior construction, and reliability that will surpass the Germans and Japanese.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6

Американцы не могут понять это потому что они не могут посмотреть
    критически на себе.

Они имеют самую лучшую страну с самой лучшей технологией с самой лучшей индустрией с самыми лучшими политиками и каждое знает что весьа мир желает быть ими.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb750
    Американцы не могут понять это потому что они не могут посмотреть
    критически на себе.

Они имеют самую лучшую страну с самой лучшей технологией с самой лучшей индустрией с самыми лучшими политиками и каждое знает что весьа мир желает быть ими.
    Damn straight! I like the way this man thinks!

كلّ واحد يعرف [مردس] [بنز] رقمواحدة.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM1
    Has absolutly nothing to do with defending the Nazi war machine. And considering I have Jewish relatives that's definalty not the case. The point is too many Americans allow themselves to become complaicent and rely on past victories regardless if it is war or automotive engineering. You can't stand there and salute the flag and claim to be number one as our market share slips to the Germans and Japanese. American auto manufactures once again are repeating the 1970's. It hasn't been until the last three or so years that some are waking up and realizing how much we have once again handed to the Germans and Japanese. It is as simple as this; if you don't know your enemy and understand his capabilities then you don't even know yourself. If we want to be number one again then we need to pull our heads out of our asses and start building cars with the fit and finish, superior construction, and reliability that will surpass the Germans and Japanese.
    Satan got a bad deal in the bible. Misquotes everywhere. I agree, American cars suck

the life out of EVERY European and Japanese car in their respective classes. CTS-V's and SRT-8's consistently outperform any other $40K to $50K Euro or Japanese sedan period.

frip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Post Re: BMW 550i - What a waste

And my V will still spank your RS4.
    I sort of have proof of that. BBC's show Top Gear had a comparison of the S4 against the CTS-V and the V outpaced the Audi in a straight line and on the road course. Granted it was only the S4, but, looking at the margin the V had on the S4 it's highly probable the V could have taken out the RS4 too.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6

I HAVE that episode on my computer. That's total BS. The CTS was BARELY keeping ahead. The Audi would start to catch up at every turn, it did have a braking advange, it did keep right up with the CTS through the turn (fairly equal handling through turns), it just did NOT have the straight line speed needed to keep up through the straights. The RS4 is fairly significantly better at handling than the S4, and it's quite a bit faster in a straight line than either the S4 or the CTS-V.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb750 View Post
    I HAVE that episode on my computer. That's total BS. The CTS was BARELY keeping ahead. The Audi would start to catch up at every turn, it did have a braking advange, it did keep right up with the CTS through the turn (fairly equal handling through turns), it just did NOT have the straight line speed needed to keep up through the straights. The RS4 is fairly significantly better at handling than the S4, and it's quite a bit faster in a straight line than either the S4 or the CTS-V.
    Hey, look everybody! toysnot is back!

frip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Post Re: BMW 550i - What a waste

I HAVE that episode on my computer. That's total BS. The CTS was BARELY keeping ahead.
    Bear in mind that the Audi was driven by a professional race driver, whereas the CTS was being driven by Jeremy Clarkson (an average driver). To my mind that makes the CTS much better, the extra displacement more than makes up for Clarkson's driving skill deficit.

Frickin', frackin', bleeker, blackers! The 550 sucks. It will be a limited run even by BMW standards because it IS the car nobody wants or asked for.

Wiseguy2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS and a bunch of BMWs

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Frickin', frackin', bleeker, blackers! The 550 sucks. It will be a limited run even by BMW standards because it IS the car nobody wants or asked for.
    It's not going to ever be a high volume model, the 540 was never a high volume model and neither was the 535 before it. The volume cars are the 525 and the 530. And they don't exactly "suck".

The limited amount they do import do sell well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.