Damn those SRT8's are quick....the one and only V vs SRT8 thread - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Damn those SRT8's are quick....the one and only V vs SRT8 thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by CVP33 Please post the dyno's you've seen. I'd like to see those too. A 15% loss for ...
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Re: Damn those SRT8's are quick!

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    Please post the dyno's you've seen. I'd like to see those too. A 15% loss for the CTS-V would have a rwhp of 340. I'm sure there are some, I just couldn't find any "stock" V's hitting those numbers. TXsilverV dyno'd a very disappointing 305 rwhp.
    As stated above, how do you know that 400 crank HP is accurate????????

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Luna.
    Dude...there are so many things that need to be said, I'm not sure where to even start.

Firstly, who in the hell made you the grand-daddy of all SRT-8 and CTS-V information? Boy, I'm sure glad that we all elected you to the guardian of "misinformation regarding either vehicle." I guess I must have missed that election...why don't you find THAT link for me...

You should take your own advice that, "it's the freakin' internet, lighten up..."

Also, you proved NOTHING to me. Is that clear? I could care less what you found or what else is out there. I'm telling you what I saw with my own eyes. What, I'm wrong because what I viewed was incorrect? I have no idea if it was accurate or not--I just posted what I saw (& was told). Did you see me state that your numbers WERE INCORRECT?

As a matter of fact, let's review what I said:

Gee..there is a lot of misinformation in there, isn't there? Oh, unless, of course, you are going to tell me what I did and did not see. That I would very much like to understand.

WTF are you reading??? I sure as hell don't see anything in my comments that were even remotely egregious, to say nothing about spurring you to be a jerk or anything.

And, while we are on that topic, you were the disrespectful one first, not I. And I'm fairly certain that I'm not the only one that sees it that way either.

Dude..just don't start any more "SH" and there won't be anymore "IT."
    Luna,

No problem. You've continued with more personal attacks. And as I can see you've still not posted your facts regarding your experience with seeing "several dyno runs of SRT-8's and they were nowhere near 365 to 375." I've just posted 7 confirmed dyno runs at the numbers I quoted earlier. Please feel free to post yours.

I will not address any of your other attempts at baiting me into a personal battle as I've said before it's only the internet. And I'm afraid tonight you've done nothing to improve your reputation here you've only tarnished it. I'm not sure why you've decided to become so insensed by my posting facts to back up what I said earlier but this is the way adults conduct themselves. They start with a premise and then back it up with facts. My posts were not meant to inflame you just merely back up my statements. Again, I invite you to post any facts you have to back up your statements and cease with the personal attacks. Again you're embarrassing yourself.

As stated above, how do you know that 400 crank HP is accurate????????
    Are you suggesting that GM would lie, or am I missing something here? I've tried to find a dyno sheet for a stock CTS-V showing a higher rwhp I just can't find any. Maybe you'll have better luck. Please let me know.

Yer pal,

Chris

I love your attempts at the "holier than thou" routine. There may be some who agree with you. That's fine. I can assure you, however, that many agree with me as well, so, please, spare me that routine.

And this is how you believe "adults" conduct themselves?

Don't you just hate it when people use facts. Damn it I do!
    You know, I'm not an English expert, but that seems awfully close to massively disrespectful. Perhaps that is how adults conduct themselves where you come from. Where I come from, however, I can assure you that it isn't.

And I reviewed HARD copies of dyno results that were not mine. Care to share with me exactly how I'm supposed to link that information in a matter of minutes?

Are you suggesting that GM would lie, or am I missing something here? I've tried to find a dyno sheet for a stock CTS-V showing a higher rwhp I just can't find any. Maybe you'll have better luck. Please let me know.

Yer pal,

Chris

Oh heavens no, GM would never lie or exaggerate, would they?

And it matters not that GM is lying. You are assuming that the 400 crankshaft HP is accurate. Why is that? Did any of these people test their crankshaft HP/TQ immediately before and/or after the dyno-at-the-wheel run?

If not, we really don't know what they are actually generating, do we?

Your buddy as well,

V-Max Guest

The LS2 are putting out...especially with 245/45-17...

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthr...light=ls2+dyno

..of course when you do "CAM ONLY LS2" ETs are near C6 Z06. With a few more lbs. shed you could have yourself an impressive ride.

Norm - who's other car wants a V8 too!
    http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/iko...=9;t=261;st=90

I love your attempts at the "holier than thou" routine. There may be some who agree with you. That's fine. I can assure you, however, that many agree with me as well, so, please, spare me that routine.

And this is how you believe "adults" conduct themselves?

You know, I'm not an English expert, but that seems awfully close to massively disrespectful. Perhaps that is how adults conduct themselves where you come from. Where I come from, however, I can assure you that it isn't.

And I reviewed HARD copies of dyno results that were not mine. Care to share with me exactly how I'm supposed to link that information in a matter of minutes?
    Luna,

Seriously now, this is getting ridiculous. I'm still waiting for your facts to refute my earlier facts. Until then I will not take the baiting or the personal attacks. You just can't bait me, I've been doing this too long. And the question still stands "Do you in fact hate it when people use facts?". That would explain your behavior here tonight. If you think my tone is condescending I apologize. But honestly, you've backed up nothing you've said here tonight with facts and seem truly infuriated by the fact that I have. I made multiple posts of dyno sheets proving exactly what I said. I just can't understand where you're coming from. Please help me understand. And for the record this is not about taking sides, you truly are embarrassing yourself. Believe it or not I'm trying to help you.

Chris

edited - Because frankly one sentence in there was inflamatory and not necessary. For that I apologize. I'm better than that and you deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Max
    The LS2 are putting out...especially with 245/45-17...

..of course when you do "CAM ONLY LS2" ETs are near C6 Z06. With a few more lbs. shed you could have yourself an impressive ride.

Norm - who's other car wants a V8 too!
    Ok, we're getting closer. I know the 2006 CTS-V has the LS2 as does the GTO so we're are getting there. Honestly though a couple of issues. I'd like to see a CTS-V LS2 dyno and I thought we were talking about LS6's which is what I owned. But that's fine. Anyone have any luck yet finding one with a stock dyno in the 340 rwhp range?

I was busily typing a reply, but then I saw

edited - Because frankly one sentence in there was inflamatory and not necessary. For that I apologize. I'm better than that and you deserve better.
    I appreciate that. Thank you

There remains a few things that I do want you to respectfully understand though.

Firstly, my question still stands:

There isn't anything I can do as quickly as you'd otherwise like me to. If you want to share with me how I can resolve that now, I'm all ears.

Also, you need to re-consider what you define as a "fact." A fact is, "a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred."

What does this mean?

Well, it certainly doesn't mean that what I stated is not true. Just because I cannot show you what I saw as quickly as you would otherwise like does NOT make it any more or less "factual" (I suppose it is possible that my memory is failing me, but that isn't likely, as I love the SRT-8 and was shocked at the numbers). All your comments are really doing is doubting my veracity--that's it. All you really had to say was that you would like me to "prove" to you what I saw is accurate. That's it. Basically, what you really did was attempt, in an indirect manner, to call me a liar. Actually, that was exactly your intention (not indirectly) when you stated I was wrong. Well, Chris, you were wrong to make that comment; you called me a liar, basically. Sorry, but that is going to frustrate a great many people, especially people who are passionate about what they are talking about.

I hope you can understand that.

Also, this argument is probably wasting some space on this board. As such, perhaps we should take our conversation privately. Unless, of course, many are getting entertained with this.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Entertaining? This fourm?

Let's review...

The mean rear wheel power of a SRT8 is 368* hp.

*Internet fact.

Thus, the SRT-8's 368 - 25 hp advantage = 343 target for the V.

There are some 340+ cars on this forum but they are the exception.

There was data on the FAQ from a survey and I can't find it, IIRC, the mean was 332-ish for the V.

Did DC underrate the SRT-8 by 10 hp? Maybe.

368 - 10 - 25 = 333.

Look familar in V land? Hmm?

Internet racing using dyno results. Isn't that a double negative?

V-Max Guest

I think Chris is used to expelling energy on his dealership when he owned a V. Not anymore I guess...now we get it. Christ, Chris! You have almost another half a liter on them! Bully!

Norm - other car want C6 Z06 acceleration!

ctsvflorida is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 Plat CTS-V

Well, I think that I started this whole thing and boy OH boy,it is entertaining...to a point anyway! Rick hit it on the head, first there is internet racing and then internet dyno racing! WOW! I think CVP is to tied up in dyno numbers when ALL dyno's are different and can vary incredibly but there is a basic number that can be derived from estimated calculation! At any rate, can we just get a witness to a race with the two cars somewhere, somehow? H.P. is only good if it all works together and I am not saying which is faster, because I do not know,but would like to find out! sure has been entertaining!

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV
    Entertaining? This fourm?

Let's review...

The mean rear wheel power of a SRT8 is 368* hp.

*Internet fact.

Thus, the SRT-8's 368 - 25 hp advantage = 343 target for the V.

There are some 340+ cars on this forum but they are the exception.

There was data on the FAQ from a survey and I can't find it, IIRC, the mean was 332-ish for the V.

Did DC underrate the SRT-8 by 10 hp? Maybe.

368 - 10 - 25 = 333.

Look familar in V land? Hmm?

Internet racing using dyno results. Isn't that a double negative?
    How much does the 300C SRT8 weigh? Don't 'they' estimate that for every 100lbs you need another 10whp to get you moving down the road?

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

A sure way to kill this thread - move it to the "Cadillac Versus..." area.

Weight is definitely the evil of the SRT-8. That's why a street race from a roll should be pretty darn equal eh?

Quote Originally Posted by V-Max
    I think Chris is used to expelling energy on his dealership when he owned a V. Not anymore I guess...now we get it. Christ, Chris! You have almost another half a liter on them! Bully!

Norm - other car want C6 Z06 acceleration!
    LOL. I know, I know. I was just saying what the SRT's dyno at and commenting that the parasitic loss is awfully low. I think (not fact think), DC has under-rated the SRT's. But hey, who knows and who frankly cares at this point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.