Damn those SRT8's are quick....the one and only V vs SRT8 thread - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Damn those SRT8's are quick....the one and only V vs SRT8 thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt...t=dyno+results 300C SRT-8 = 377 rwhp. 387 rwhp with exhaust. More to come....
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: Damn those SRT8's are quick!

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt...t=dyno+results

300C SRT-8 = 377 rwhp. 387 rwhp with exhaust. More to come.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/att...g?d=1136898465

300C SRT-8 = 369 rwhp. Don't you just hate it when people use facts. Damn it I do!

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt...t=dyno+results

300C SRT-8 = 362 rwhp
    300C SRT-8 = 386 rwhp

Now I'll go get you some CTS-V dyno's.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...highlight=dyno

Post #20 - 2004 CTS-V - 305 rwhp.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    300C SRT-8 = 369 rwhp. Don't you just hate it when people use facts. Damn it I do!
    I'm not sure why the hell you decided to be an a$$, but whatever...

Ron doesn't have the before and after results of the SRT-8s that he dynoed posted on his website, but I will inquire as to when he will post them. Further, I don't know the name of the gentlemen I ran into at A&A, but he informed me of his SRT-8 that dynoed at exactly within the range that I quoted.

And clearly the dyno results you linked MUST, ABSOLUTELY AND WITHOUT DISCUSSION be correct, yes? Clearly, any other dyno results must be bullsh*t...

I got news for you--your so-called facts AREN'T "facts." Dynoes vary all over the god-damn place.

And the loss% I quoted was obtained from the E55 AMG boards. Would you like me to post that link, as clearly I'm often full of sh*t, or do you trust my veracity?

You have every right to be proud of your new car. That does not, however, give you a license to be an anal cavity though.

One other thing as well...who on earth says that 400 (for the CTS-V) or 425 (for the SRT-8) *IS* accurate 100% of the time? Yeah, clearly automotive manufacturers ALWAYS tell the truth when it comes to a car's actual output, to say nothing of actually achieving that 100% of the time, with NO VARIATIONS...

DarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V, 06 SRX, 08 Vette

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/att...g?d=1136898465

That's pretty impressive. I am thinking of getting a Magnum SRT, I just like the look of the Magnum

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Chris -

Play nice. If you're going to post a low V dyno, post a low SRT8 dyno to match. We all know they're a powerhouse (both cars) and that internet racing is a waste of time. How about we try the approach Luna is with the E55 AMG's - anyone with a stock SRT8 want to race a Stock V?

WW

CTS-V = 335-343 with MOD's!

CTS-V = 327 rwhp.

I'm tired. Off to bed. You can find some more if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl
    Chris -

Play nice. If you're going to post a low V dyno, post a low SRT8 dyno to match. We all know they're a powerhouse (both cars) and that internet racing is a waste of time. How about we try the approach Luna is with the E55 AMG's - anyone with a stock SRT8 want to race a Stock V?

WW
    For the record I made it clear that I will not allow anyone to post misinformation regarding either vehicle. I shoot down BS on the 300C forum as well re: the CTS-V. I just like to deal in facts. I took the first 3 dyno's that I could find from the 300C forum and the first 3 CTS-V dyno's that I could find here and on LS1tech. Luna's post was baseless. I decided to prove that to him. The interenet is full of "experts". I just post facts and use common math skills. That doesn't make me anal, it just makes me honest. Everyone is free to post the opposing argument.

Don't take it personal Luna. You were wrong. Plain and simple. Post facts to the contrary and discontinue the personal attacks. You're showing your a$$ and I'm showing dyno graphs. Get over it. Oh, wait, wait, wait, I just did get over it. It's the freakin' internet, lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna.
    FYI...

I've seen several dyno runs of SRT-8s and they were nowhere near 365-375 rwhp. The ones I saw were around 340-350.

Further, E55 transmissions are estimated to lose about 19%, which is more than what most consider reasonable for a CTS-V (~15%). This appears reasonable, as, unless my understanding is incorrect, a manual pretty much HAS to lose less than an automatic transmission with a torque converter.
    Please post the dyno's you've seen. I'd like to see those too. A 15% loss for the CTS-V would have a rwhp of 340. I'm sure there are some, I just couldn't find any "stock" V's hitting those numbers. TXsilverV dyno'd a very disappointing 305 rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight
    That's pretty impressive. I am thinking of getting a Magnum SRT, I just like the look of the Magnum
    The Magnum SRT-8 that came to our Meet and Greet had 394rwhp with a Mopar CAI and Zoomer's exhaust. Dyno sheets showed a very stout torque curve. The sound was incredible.

I'm not sure why the hell you decided to be an a$$, but whatever...

Ron doesn't have the before and after results of the SRT-8s that he dynoed posted on his website, but I will inquire as to when he will post them. Further, I don't know the name of the gentlemen I ran into at A&A, but he informed me of his SRT-8 that dynoed at exactly within the range that I quoted.

And clearly the dyno results you linked MUST, ABSOLUTELY AND WITHOUT DISCUSSION be correct, yes? Clearly, any other dyno results must be bullsh*t...

I got news for you--your so-called facts AREN'T "facts." Dynoes vary all over the god-damn place.

And the loss% I quoted was obtained from the E55 AMG boards. Would you like me to post that link, as clearly I'm often full of sh*t, or do you trust my veracity?

You have every right to be proud of your new car. That does not, however, give you a license to be an anal cavity though.

One other thing as well...who on earth says that 400 (for the CTS-V) or 425 (for the SRT-8) *IS* accurate 100% of the time? Yeah, clearly automotive manufacturers ALWAYS tell the truth when it comes to a car's actual output, to say nothing of actually achieving that 100% of the time, with NO VARIATIONS...
    Not pride. Pride cometh before the fall. Just posting facts. I'll be glad to review any that you choose to post. And by the way, "I heard" or "the guys on forum X said" or "a guy I know" is and are not facts. Post a dyno sheet. Post a link to a dyno sheet. Post something but please stop the personal attacks you're embarrassing yourself.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

For the record I made it clear that I will not allow anyone to post misinformation regarding either vehicle. I shoot down BS on the 300C forum as well re: the CTS-V. I just like to deal in facts. I took the first 3 dyno's that I could find from the 300C forum and the first 3 CTS-V dyno's that I could find here and on LS1tech. Luna's post was baseless. I decided to prove that to him. The interenet is full of "experts". I just post facts and use common math skills. That doesn't make me anal, it just makes me honest. Everyone is free to post the opposing argument.

Don't take it personal Luna. You were wrong. Plain and simple. Post facts to the contrary and discontinue the personal attacks. You're showing your a$$ and I'm showing dyno graphs. Get over it. Oh, wait, wait, wait, I just did get over it. It's the freakin' internet, lighten up.
    Dude...there are so many things that need to be said, I'm not sure where to even start.

Firstly, who in the hell made you the grand-daddy of all SRT-8 and CTS-V information? Boy, I'm sure glad that we all elected you to the guardian of "misinformation regarding either vehicle." I guess I must have missed that election...why don't you find THAT link for me...

You should take your own advice that, "it's the freakin' internet, lighten up..."

Also, you proved NOTHING to me. Is that clear? I could care less what you found or what else is out there. I'm telling you what I saw with my own eyes. What, I'm wrong because what I viewed was incorrect? I have no idea if it was accurate or not--I just posted what I saw (& was told). Did you see me state that your numbers WERE INCORRECT?

As a matter of fact, let's review what I said:

FYI...

I've seen several dyno runs of SRT-8s and they were nowhere near 365-375 rwhp. The ones I saw were around 340-350.

Further, E55 transmissions are estimated to lose about 19%, which is more than what most consider reasonable for a CTS-V (~15%). This appears reasonable, as, unless my understanding is incorrect, a manual pretty much HAS to lose less than an automatic transmission with a torque converter.
    Gee..there is a lot of misinformation in there, isn't there? Oh, unless, of course, you are going to tell me what I did and did not see. That I would very much like to understand.

WTF are you reading??? I sure as hell don't see anything in my comments that were even remotely egregious, to say nothing about spurring you to be a jerk or anything.

And, while we are on that topic, you were the disrespectful one first, not I. And I'm fairly certain that I'm not the only one that sees it that way either.

Dude..just don't start any more "SH" and there won't be anymore "IT."

I didn't think to look in the Charger Forums. Here's a Charger SRT-8

365 rwhp
    Second run heat soaked (according to the poster) 355 rwhp.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...8&d=1141266845

377 rwhp

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...highlight=dyno

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.