07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The 07 still hasnt grown on me, I think the Infiniti truck is pretty nice any opinions or anything?...
    blingblingcv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56

The 07 still hasnt grown on me, I think the Infiniti truck is pretty nice any opinions or anything?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Re: 07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56

If you're trying to choose between the two. I would personally go with the Infiniti. However, like ive said in the past - I would still buy another 2002 Escalade. And I maybe will, if I look for another SUV.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I dont know about that infiniti, kinda looks like a hippo or rhino. I would rather get a toyota land cruiser, only cause I had one and loved it, and I miss it. Other than that stick with cadillac and get the new escalade!

The qx56 and armada make me sick when i see them. My family wanted to get the armada when I went back this christmas but I told them not to buy anything that ugly. Instead we got another trailblazer but xlt this time. I would rather be seen in a trailblazer or envoy than an armada or qx56 OR qx45.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

The problem with most of the Japanese based SUV/Trucks is they are not built very strong, and lack power, but they are getting better each year, and the QX although low in HP (315) has good torque. I personally would buy a Ford first, and I can tell you that is no happening.

PeteESC07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, I'm somewhat biased since I just recently bought a '07 Escalade but I did cross-shop other brands before my purchase. IMO, the Infiniti styling, esp from the side is just terrible--looks lke they welded the front and rear ends of 2 different vehicles. IMO, the Escalade just looks more classy and is a head-turner everywhere I go---I see other drivers literally straining their heads to look at my truck as they pass by. The new Escalade has a lot more power, better handling, smoother ride, and a much better interior than the Inifiniti--which has more cheaper plastics, inferior NAV system, and suspicious rattles and squeaks when I test drove it. No brainer for me.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by PeteESC07
    Well, I'm somewhat biased since I just recently bought a '07 Escalade but I did cross-shop other brands before my purchase. IMO, the Infiniti styling, esp from the side is just terrible--looks lke they welded the front and rear ends of 2 different vehicles. IMO, the Escalade just looks more classy and is a head-turner everywhere I go---I see other drivers literally straining their heads to look at my truck as they pass by. The new Escalade has a lot more power, better handling, smoother ride, and a much better interior than the Inifiniti--which has more cheaper plastics, inferior NAV system, and suspicious rattles and squeaks when I test drove it. No brainer for me.
    That seems VERY accurate. I've yet to read a review that didn't comment on both the Armada and QX56 not feeling all that toughly built and having a cheap interior that is full of random squeaks and rattles.

Some owner boards seem to have a lot of satisfied owners without any problems and "noise free" trucks, but it's still a problem.

The QX56 does have a LOT more room than a regular Escalade, though, along with an actually usable and comfortable 3rd row that folds flat. That's one strong area.

white lade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Having owned both vehicles. I can tell you as far as features...the Qx56 is great. The interior is very large and nice looking. But thats it. As far as ride...it sucks. Thats why everything rattles inside. It takes bumps horribly. The Dvd player rattled from day 1 and I had it fixed 3 times and it still rattled. The brakes were horrible. They had to be replaced after 2300 miles. The escalade rides much better and I have 20 inch rims on it. Nothing rattles. So you be the judge. i dont think I would purchase another QX until I hear that they addressed all those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by white lade
    Having owned both vehicles. I can tell you as far as features...the Qx56 is great. The interior is very large and nice looking. But thats it. As far as ride...it sucks. Thats why everything rattles inside. It takes bumps horribly. The Dvd player rattled from day 1 and I had it fixed 3 times and it still rattled. The brakes were horrible. They had to be replaced after 2300 miles. The escalade rides much better and I have 20 inch rims on it. Nothing rattles. So you be the judge. i dont think I would purchase another QX until I hear that they addressed all those issues.
    They have addressed the brakes, finally, according to what I've read (and it seems to be a real fix this time too), and the build quality, especially inside, seems to have gotten quite a bit better the later they were built.

What year Escalade do you have? If you have the short one, do you miss actually having a comfortable 3rd row that goes flat and cargo room at the same time, or was that not important to you?

white lade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had a 2005 Qx56 which I traded for a 2005 Escalade because I couldn't deal with going to the dealer every other week to fix something. I now have a 2005 escalade and have not had any problems with the car so far. I do miss the third row seats not folding flat. I can't believe they didn't address that in the new escalades.

Quote Originally Posted by white lade
    I had a 2005 Qx56 which I traded for a 2005 Escalade because I couldn't deal with going to the dealer every other week to fix something. I now have a 2005 escalade and have not had any problems with the car so far. I do miss the third row seats not folding flat. I can't believe they didn't address that in the new escalades.
    Yeah, the seating and space is still an issue. The ESV is huge and solves the room issue, but since they kept the solid rear axle and didn't figure out any better layout for the last seat, it's still not the best back there.

Cadillacboy is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Infiniti QX 56 is the ugliest SUV I have ever seen , it looks gargoyle like to the front sode of the car . Why would buy and waste some money for it that's what I find it out of sense

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I actually like the QX56 very much. I took it for a test drive and it drove like a car. It's VERY quick! Mid 6's 0-60 - faster than most "quick" cars.. I thought it handled very well.. But I hear a LOT of complaints from owners... Personally, I'd stay away from the Infiniti QX56 and go with a new Escalade.. Now that the interior is just as nice as the Infiniti, if not better, there's really no reason to choose the QX56..
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

A close friend of mine has a white QX56 on 22" Giovanna Gello rims with part of the rims painted to match the truck. He had tv's and a computer installed which has internet access in the truck. He has cable installed and the interior on his truck is beautiful. Money wasn't really an issue and I asked why he bought the QX56 over the Escalade and he said the interior. The interior of the QX56 is a little more spacious, which I agree with, but the ride of that truck is horrible. He hasn't had any problems mechanically with it, but he says my Escalade has a nicer ride. With all that he did to the QX56, it looks real smooth. He had the stock grille switched out with billet inserts and also had the lower mesh grilles matched to the billet. All the chrome was painted white to match the truck and it looks tight. I will get some pictures from him and post them along with pictures of my Escalade. You can see what I am talking about.

Thanks.

Marc Kessler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The Infiniti QX56 and the Armada are both built in Canton, MS where they have had horrible quality control problems. I think they actually shut down the plant awhile ago to try to get their act together. Who knows if they improved?

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    The problem with most of the Japanese based SUV/Trucks is they are not built very strong
    What?? Not one single domestic vehicle can compare to japanese quality. Forget the features and functions for a second, think reliability and parts quality, inside and out. No domestic vehicle has ever come close, and I doubt ever will.

If you need stats let me know, Ill be happy to find some, but google the topic. I'd take less power over having to take my ride to the dealer often, anyday. Power is the easiest upgrade on a vehicle.

THAT SAID, I cant stand the Infinity.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.