Cadillac Owners Forum banner
52K views 101 replies 41 participants last post by  concorso 
#1 ·
The 07 still hasnt grown on me, I think the Infiniti truck is pretty nice any opinions or anything?

#69 ·
The only "subpar" materials I know of are the interior dash pieces that aren't wood. Still don't get that as a gripe as I have an Armada that doesn't have wood at all by choice. But the rest of the rig is good materials. No rust, steel box frame, etc. I think the "subpar" materials comes from TOYota/Lexus fans who relish their wood. Personally, I don't like those interiors, which remind me of old Jags that break daily. BTW, the same chuckleheads say the same thing about the Caddie. From the review at www.edmunds.com under cons, "a few cheap plastics." Give me a break. Give credit where credit is due. The interior on the caddie is just plain nice and blows away the Lexus which looks very dated and has wacky gauges. How long are the reviewers going to carry the LX430 on a couple pieces of 1/8" thick wood vs. motor, capacity, towing, speed, etc. :thepan:

#70 ·
Well an Armada would certainly be equal to, say, our '04 Suburban as far as the innards are concerned, but I've played in a few each year at the auto show ('04, '05, '06), and a lot of the plastics and pieces still give off a cheap or flimsy aura. Love the look and space of the truck, but that's just me, and it really jumped out--not in the same caliber as other Nissans either. And they're not up to the latest GM's or Ford's in that regard either, but as said before, the '08s will fix the issue (just as was done with the revised '05+ Altimas).

#77 ·
The only thing I hate on the QX is the front end. It's looks like the semitruck look Dodge that got flattened on top.
I think the Armada looks WAY better from the front.
But the Escalade this year is just a little too much bling bling for me. But I think it's the nicest looking SUV on the market today.
Contrary to what most of the negative styling issues people have with the QX, I think its great that Infiniti has curved and aggressive sheet metal. And didn't put a bunch of plastic all over it. Like the Expedition Eddie bauer.

Also the 2007 Tahoe and Yukon's took a backwards design step. IMO

#79 ·
The Nav system on the QX56 is so incredibly slow, it is the WORST system in a vehicle that I have ever used. Non touchscreen (ala Mercedes), and inputting info for a trip can literally take 4-5minutes for the dvd-based NAV to catch up. It cam be 15-20 seconds between letter presses when inputting street names! I still prefer the LX470's Nave system to the 07 Escalade, but the Escalades' is a close second.

#81 ·
Escalade wins hands down. My wife has a Infiniti QX56. Engine wise no issues.

But they have other problems: body pieces falling off, brakes, brake rotors, under dash wiring falling on my wife's feet as she drives, air bag error message third time, not easy to work on, dead battery, eats tires, no auto locks? service in New Orleans not to great, been back for same thing several times.

Stick with the Caddy....

#82 ·
I've never understood the hype with Infiniti. At last check, they aren't much cheaper than Lexus and if I were considering a japanese luxury vehicle, I'd definitely go with Lexus (especially after driving the new LS.)

I can't say my cadillac has been problem-free, in fact, it's been a heap of junk... but GM is replacing it and I know it's the exception, not the rule. Every manufacturer churns out a few citrus-flavored vehicles.

I'd still choose it over the Infiniti. :)

#86 ·
I tested many SUV's before choosing the Escalade. I think, as others mentioned, that GM builds a strong truck. Mechanically, the engine and trans will last a couple 100k miles. Some of the other toys may brake but you should get stuck somewhere.

Plus, I like the room of the Escalade. My second choice was the Mercedes GL450. Really nice but pricey and lack of exterior style.

Of course, this is a generalization as there can be problems with an individual car from any manufacturer.

#87 ·
I have had my 07 AWD for about a month now. The 3rd row seats rattle, there is a loud clunking sound in the rear when hitting a bump and there is a flapping noise from the rear bumper when going over 40 MPH.
I traded a 2005 QX56 for the 07 Lade and wake up every morning wishing I had the QX back in the garage.
The dealer says that some sounds are unavoidable. That is pure and simple BS.

The QX56 is 5 times the car that this piece of junk is.
:ripped: :sbox: :wtf2:

#88 ·
Sorry you're so disappointed - I certainly understand; you don't want your $60,000 shaking, rattling and rolling.

For what it's worth, it may be in your interest to either find another dealer you're more comfortable with or at a minimum ask for a test drive with another mechanic and point out your concerns. Many conditions and symptoms are subjective... one tech may drive a Chevette himself and not be bothered by rattles. He didn't spend $60,000 on the vehicle though so his opinion on what you should live with doesn't matter to you. Another tech may realize just what a Cadillac should be and thus take your concern seriously. Either way, it shouldn't rattle - so insist that it be fixed. :)

#89 ·
i had almost bought a infiniti qx56 until the new LADE came out and than it was no brainer. i must say Cady should of pay some attention torwards the steering cloum since ther are a nice gap around the key hole. they should have made some type of light that goes around that thing. can anyone fabricate a ring that might fit right in there. it would be nice if its silver or chrome...imo

#92 ·
I have both. I got an 04 Infinti and an 07 EXT. The Infiniti is a piece, the whole things rattles, had airbag problems, window problems, battery problems, and liftgate problems. I would definitely go with the caddy. But my caddy isnt perfect either. Ive had it for 2 weeks and its been in the shop twice. Once for the TPS and the other because the steering wheel controls dont work. And now Im having problems with wind noise. But other than that, I like it.

#94 ·
Agreed. A lot of '04 owners have had theirs fixed to okay levels, and aren't as prone to the brake or build issues as much anymore, but overall the first model year was NOT good and they are plagued with issues even with a few good ones out there by chance. Beyond that, most owners still love them, even more so '05 on, so there's still a lot to be liked. Things like the brakes were definite engineering and design oversights, but the build quality issues were due largely to a lot of problems that first model year run in the new factory--'04 Quest vans also have a bad reputation, to the extent that they got complimentary warranty extensions.

For '08, and the full-sizers though, hopefully the negativity over interior cheapness will fade away more, and other little refinements will still make them better.

#97 ·
After driving both and playing with both the QX56 did feel peppier from an engine standpoint but I was really let down with the materials used considering this is a newer truck at the time. IMO, while the previous Slade interior was no class leader, it didn't feel blown away by the newer SUV.

The QX has been plagued with issues as much anything built out the Canton plant in MS. Thing have gotten better. I know the Escalade is a pretty well built vehicle.

To me, if your the new guy, you really have to bring your A game and knock the other guys out. The QX doesn't do that, it just seems like another choice. They revised the interior for 2008 and it barely looks better.

I was floored by the improvement Caddy made with the current Slade. No more exposed screws!! Interior looks and feels pretty good.

#99 ·
We have an 07 Qx56 and the thing is badass!! The thing is Quick, has tons of standard options and has the balls to back it up (4-LO anybody?). The Qx started in 04 and since then has made huge strides to address every problem- how was the escalade 4 yrs into production, or even now for that matter?? BTW good luck with your cadillac resale value.

#100 ·
I know this discussion is old but I just read it and want people to know not to ever buy a QX56. I bought an 05 with 29k and have had it for a year. Out of the 400 days I've owned it, its been in the shop for 150 combined days. Almost everything has failed; the 4 wheel drive has been repaired 3 times because of a bad dif, a bad valve body, then a bad transfer case. Countless things have gone wrong from the back up camera to the ABS malfunctioning causing complete loss of brakes on highway. I got it back after 5 weeks in the shop and it rolled down the driveway while in park. The entire ECU had to be replaced due to faulty wiring. Seriously, I could ramble on for hours. All I know is that this thing rides twice as rough as an f-350 and is the most unreliable thing I've ever purchased, ever. I don't care which year you buy because they're all terrible. If anyones considering buying one remember what I've said and do yourself a huge favor. Buy an escalade, I wish I did.

#101 ·
Don't go with the Infiniti!!! I just sold a 2004 Nissan Armada (same as the Infiniti) I owned since new and it was the worst SUV vehicle I've ever owned which includes a Suburban, Expedition, Explorer and Grand Cherokee. They are notorious for weak brakes which warp and send shudders through the steering wheel. I replaced 3 exhaust manifolds in 75k miles (there are only two on an engine) at $1900/ea. Body began rusting at 70k and I wash my cars at least weekly. Door lock mechanism needed replacement ($500). Oil cooler and power steering lines $1200. Front axle replaced at 60k for $2200. I don't abuse my vehicles but this one was a money pit. Many common problems. Search the Armada/Infiniti forums before you buy. I replaced it with a '04 Escalade and could not be happier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.