07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56 - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; to me infiniti is an offbrand manufacturer... if i couldn't have a lade the only other suv i think is ...
    Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

Re: 07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56

to me infiniti is an offbrand manufacturer... if i couldn't have a lade the only other suv i think is hot is the GL450...

MarkMatthews is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

I have both. I got an 04 Infinti and an 07 EXT. The Infiniti is a piece, the whole things rattles, had airbag problems, window problems, battery problems, and liftgate problems. I would definitely go with the caddy. But my caddy isnt perfect either. Ive had it for 2 weeks and its been in the shop twice. Once for the TPS and the other because the steering wheel controls dont work. And now Im having problems with wind noise. But other than that, I like it.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The 04 Infiniti QX56 should have never made it to production. It was a lemon. 05 and on, they're excellent vehicles.. However, being luxury SUVs, they all have their quirks...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The 04 Infiniti QX56 should have never made it to production. It was a lemon. 05 and on, they're excellent vehicles.. However, being luxury SUVs, they all have their quirks...
    Agreed. A lot of '04 owners have had theirs fixed to okay levels, and aren't as prone to the brake or build issues as much anymore, but overall the first model year was NOT good and they are plagued with issues even with a few good ones out there by chance. Beyond that, most owners still love them, even more so '05 on, so there's still a lot to be liked. Things like the brakes were definite engineering and design oversights, but the build quality issues were due largely to a lot of problems that first model year run in the new factory--'04 Quest vans also have a bad reputation, to the extent that they got complimentary warranty extensions.

For '08, and the full-sizers though, hopefully the negativity over interior cheapness will fade away more, and other little refinements will still make them better.

1SICKLEX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Lexus GS 450h...others..

I have to say the old and new Escalade is IMO, superior to the QX56. The new one is vastly superior.

I'm not saying you're wrong - just curious - what makes you feel the outgoing Escalade is better than the QX56? To me, each have their qualities...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

1SICKLEX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Lexus GS 450h...others..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong - just curious - what makes you feel the outgoing Escalade is better than the QX56? To me, each have their qualities...
    After driving both and playing with both the QX56 did feel peppier from an engine standpoint but I was really let down with the materials used considering this is a newer truck at the time. IMO, while the previous Slade interior was no class leader, it didn't feel blown away by the newer SUV.

The QX has been plagued with issues as much anything built out the Canton plant in MS. Thing have gotten better. I know the Escalade is a pretty well built vehicle.

To me, if your the new guy, you really have to bring your A game and knock the other guys out. The QX doesn't do that, it just seems like another choice. They revised the interior for 2008 and it barely looks better.

I was floored by the improvement Caddy made with the current Slade. No more exposed screws!! Interior looks and feels pretty good.

The new Escalade, to me, is better than the new QX56 hands down. Especially the interior.. And now that power has changed hands, it's really a no brainer..

I thought the interior of the QX56 was much better than the outgoing Escalade - then again, it was a newer model...

escaWhat?? is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

We have an 07 Qx56 and the thing is badass!! The thing is Quick, has tons of standard options and has the balls to back it up (4-LO anybody?). The Qx started in 04 and since then has made huge strides to address every problem- how was the escalade 4 yrs into production, or even now for that matter?? BTW good luck with your cadillac resale value.

wheelz36 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I know this discussion is old but I just read it and want people to know not to ever buy a QX56. I bought an 05 with 29k and have had it for a year. Out of the 400 days I've owned it, its been in the shop for 150 combined days. Almost everything has failed; the 4 wheel drive has been repaired 3 times because of a bad dif, a bad valve body, then a bad transfer case. Countless things have gone wrong from the back up camera to the ABS malfunctioning causing complete loss of brakes on highway. I got it back after 5 weeks in the shop and it rolled down the driveway while in park. The entire ECU had to be replaced due to faulty wiring. Seriously, I could ramble on for hours. All I know is that this thing rides twice as rough as an f-350 and is the most unreliable thing I've ever purchased, ever. I don't care which year you buy because they're all terrible. If anyones considering buying one remember what I've said and do yourself a huge favor. Buy an escalade, I wish I did.

chip13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Don't go with the Infiniti!!! I just sold a 2004 Nissan Armada (same as the Infiniti) I owned since new and it was the worst SUV vehicle I've ever owned which includes a Suburban, Expedition, Explorer and Grand Cherokee. They are notorious for weak brakes which warp and send shudders through the steering wheel. I replaced 3 exhaust manifolds in 75k miles (there are only two on an engine) at $1900/ea. Body began rusting at 70k and I wash my cars at least weekly. Door lock mechanism needed replacement ($500). Oil cooler and power steering lines $1200. Front axle replaced at 60k for $2200. I don't abuse my vehicles but this one was a money pit. Many common problems. Search the Armada/Infiniti forums before you buy. I replaced it with a '04 Escalade and could not be happier.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

My sisters Armada has been bullitproof, an 07 I think.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.