07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; HCVONE..See post # 55, and you can also read his other post where he talks about blowing a 07 Escalade ...
    brick760 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56

HCVONE..See post # 55, and you can also read his other post where he talks about blowing a 07 Escalade engine with less than 800 miles on it.

92TripleBlack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Armada LE '05 4x4, '04 G35 Sedan, '02 Jetta Turbo, '92 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by brick760 View Post
    HCVONE..See post # 55, and you can also read his other post where he talks about blowing a 07 Escalade engine with less than 800 miles on it.
    That sucks. I'm still a GM fan and unless it is a common thing I'd chaulk it up to just plain being unlucky.

We had one guy who had a trans problem, but only one. Again, unlucky. But no Nissan people on the boards have had any engine problems except the guy who dumped a gallon of mud into his intake while stuck in a mud puddle.

AWF_AXIS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

When did Arlington Texas get annexed by Mexico? News to me...

benamaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by AWF_AXIS View Post
    When did Arlington Texas get annexed by Mexico? News to me...
    Last time I checked the Escalade and the Escalade ESV are built in Arlington, TX but the Escalade EXT is still built in Sialo, Mexico.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by 92TripleBlack View Post
    The Escalade is considered an Import by the US Government. The majority of the parts are built outside the US and it is assembled outside as well. The QX is considered a domestic. Higher % of US parts and assembled in Mississippi. Just something to think about. Other notable cars considered "domestic" are Camry, Accord, and BMW X5.
    Like he said, a lot of the parts are manufactured outside the US, obviously. The final assembly takes place in Arlington, Texas.

HCVONE - How did you blow the engine in your new 07? I'm dieing to hear that story.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Synergetic View Post
    Like he said, a lot of the parts are manufactured outside the US, obviously. The final assembly takes place in Arlington, Texas.

HCVONE - How did you blow the engine in your new 07? I'm dieing to hear that story.
    Went to the garage Sunday morning Oct 15th and started the truck to go to a car show, a quarter second into starting it went KaBoom, they flatbedded the truck to the dealer the next day, called me to tell me that an intake valve broke and took out the piston, rod and bent the crank. They ordered a new crate engine that should be at the dealer today. I turned it over to my lawyer because with 887 miles on it I want a new truck, or I will be driving another brand. Not good at all. Never one hint of a problem before it blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by benamaster View Post
    Last time I checked the Escalade and the Escalade ESV are built in Arlington, TX but the Escalade EXT is still built in Sialo, Mexico.
    Ahhh. My bad. Guess that's what I get for going on articles instead of to the guys who know. But with the number of illegals in TX, its close enough.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Simply put, this thread is just on indication, but the "teething issues" severe or not, with early Armadas and QX56's seem to be a thing of the past. Most reviews seem to be glowing too, so aside from some subpar interior materials still, they're very legitimate competitors.

The only "subpar" materials I know of are the interior dash pieces that aren't wood. Still don't get that as a gripe as I have an Armada that doesn't have wood at all by choice. But the rest of the rig is good materials. No rust, steel box frame, etc. I think the "subpar" materials comes from TOYota/Lexus fans who relish their wood. Personally, I don't like those interiors, which remind me of old Jags that break daily. BTW, the same chuckleheads say the same thing about the Caddie. From the review at www.edmunds.com under cons, "a few cheap plastics." Give me a break. Give credit where credit is due. The interior on the caddie is just plain nice and blows away the Lexus which looks very dated and has wacky gauges. How long are the reviewers going to carry the LX430 on a couple pieces of 1/8" thick wood vs. motor, capacity, towing, speed, etc.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Well an Armada would certainly be equal to, say, our '04 Suburban as far as the innards are concerned, but I've played in a few each year at the auto show ('04, '05, '06), and a lot of the plastics and pieces still give off a cheap or flimsy aura. Love the look and space of the truck, but that's just me, and it really jumped out--not in the same caliber as other Nissans either. And they're not up to the latest GM's or Ford's in that regard either, but as said before, the '08s will fix the issue (just as was done with the revised '05+ Altimas).

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Went to the garage Sunday morning Oct 15th and started the truck to go to a car show, a quarter second into starting it went KaBoom, they flatbedded the truck to the dealer the next day, called me to tell me that an intake valve broke and took out the piston, rod and bent the crank. They ordered a new crate engine that should be at the dealer today. I turned it over to my lawyer because with 887 miles on it I want a new truck, or I will be driving another brand. Not good at all. Never one hint of a problem before it blew up.
    So its true. I didn't believe it, But wow. Let us know how the motor swap goes.

Armada wins "Total Value" award. A few people have gripped about the plastics. As was said, these will change next year. Nissan put the money in the drivetrain, which is where I'd rather have it anyway. However, they also kept the price down. Now we won this. Nice.
    http://www.ameinfo.com/98932.html

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by 92TripleBlack View Post
    Armada wins "Total Value" award. A few people have gripped about the plastics. As was said, these will change next year. Nissan put the money in the drivetrain, which is where I'd rather have it anyway. However, they also kept the price down. Now we won this. Nice.
    http://www.ameinfo.com/98932.html

I drove one, just needs more hp and torque, not bad though

SlimShady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    I drove one, just needs more hp and torque, not bad though
    So I'm confused. Isn't the QX56 faster than the Escalade? 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
    Or are the 2007's faster now.
    I still think that these huge SUV's doing sub 7 sec 0-60 and 15 sec 1/4 mile is awesome. These 2 seem to be way ahead of all other SUV's out there.

AWF_AXIS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

QX is 15.60 according to this source...

http://autos.yahoo.com/2006_infiniti...d-performance/

The Caddy posted high 14's in one of the reviews, and mostly 15.0 times in others.

Dave

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.