07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Marc Kessler The Infiniti QX56 and the Armada are both built in Canton, MS where they have ...
    caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: 07 Escalade Vs Infiniti QX56

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Kessler
    The Infiniti QX56 and the Armada are both built in Canton, MS where they have had horrible quality control problems. I think they actually shut down the plant awhile ago to try to get their act together. Who knows if they improved?
    Very, very true. All of the vehicles that Nissan builds in that plant came out as new designs for 2004, the Armada, Titan, QX56, and Quest, and ALL of them had moderate to serious quality problems the first year particularly. Actually, the Quest had so many known issues, that Nissan actually sent letters to people who owned '04 models that they were extending the bumper to bumper warranty from 3/36 to 5/60 on all of them because there were so many bugs.

That said, checking internet message boards, the general consensus is that '05 models of all of the Canon, MS are better than the '04s and now the '06s are still a bit better than the '05s.

I really like the styling of both the Armada and QX56 myself, as well as the power and interior room and adaptability (comfortable & fold flat 3rd row mainly, with cargo room behind). It's just that the overall level of quality feels and looks like something GM might have turned out in the mid 80's...bad fits, cheap materials, flimsy parts, etc. And because of that, most have quite a bit of nasty noises inside.

Consumer Reports, whether you believe them or not, actually rated the QX56 the WORST vehicle in their rankings, for both '04 and '05 I believe. I watched an episode of "Autoline Detroit" on Speed TV a couple months ago where they interviewed a CR guy, and when asked about Nissan and if they had really made noticeable changes after calling in the engineers to the plant, he said that they actually noted no real change in the level of problems or quality in the later vehicles, hence the still bad ratings.

All that said, the Escalade definately has the leg up in terms of build quality and refinement, but can't compete when it comes to true 7-passenger and cargo space in the regular short models which are the most commonly compared. Well, that, and the Caddy costs thousands more than the Infiniti when fully loaded.

shinyescalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

from what i've read, the qx56 has reliability problems and the way that hood terminates into the headlights is just nasty. go with the escalade - 2002 on up - you can't go wrong.

blingblingcv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

wow, i didnt know how horrible the qx56 was until i posted this. I owned a 2001 qx4 a few yrs ago and it was a great truck. But the whole forum is sayin that the qx56 is not great quality.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Unfortunately, the first year really gave the QX a bad name. They should have never let that truck into showrooms the way it was... I'm sure it's much improved now - but I'd still go with the Escalade.. The QX will be up for a redesign sooner than the Caddy...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

integline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Go with the Cadi. I believe the Cadi to be the best luxo SUV out their hands down. The only other SUV's i would consider if 3rd row was not important would be Range Rover and maybe the Navi. i drove one afew months back and was actually kinda impressed. I dont konw about the infinity but sounds like trouble. Good luck. Get the cadi, u wont be disappointed!!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee
    What?? Not one single domestic vehicle can compare to japanese quality. Forget the features and functions for a second, think reliability and parts quality, inside and out. No domestic vehicle has ever come close, and I doubt ever will.

If you need stats let me know, Ill be happy to find some, but google the topic. I'd take less power over having to take my ride to the dealer often, anyday. Power is the easiest upgrade on a vehicle.

THAT SAID, I cant stand the Infinity.

No domestic vehicle has ever come close, and I doubt ever will.

That's not true, my last 5 C5 Corvette's, last 2 Grand Cherokee's and all 6 Suburban's NEVER went back to the dealer for any warranty or repair work, and my 03' Escalade was at the dealer once 4 days after I purchased it for a burnt ballast on the HID lighting. My M5 and Jag have been back to the dealer for warranty repair several times.

hornyjuan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It's sometimes luck when it comes to cars. Some people will never have any problems with their car, some will have their car in and out of the shops half of the year. Just take care of your car ie oil changes, trans flush, filter, differential fluid, brakes, ac, etc. and your car should be fine.

beemix is offline Cadillac Owners Member

QX57 is one of most failure car on market. Escalade rocks

integline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone

That's not true, my last 5 C5 Corvette's, last 2 Grand Cherokee's and all 6 Suburban's NEVER went back to the dealer for any warranty or repair work, and my 03' Escalade was at the dealer once 4 days after I purchased it for a burnt ballast on the HID lighting. My M5 and Jag have been back to the dealer for warranty repair several times.
    Very true. My dad's 745 seemed to be in the shop more than it seemed to be in our garage. It stalled twice on him at freeways speeds. When i say stall i mean the whole car shut down. power everythuin at like 80. Umm its not how muhc money u pay its the car. also they say cars built on mondays and Fridays are hte worst. so you can check production dates too.
    good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    Unfortunately, the first year really gave the QX a bad name. They should have never let that truck into showrooms the way it was... I'm sure it's much improved now - but I'd still go with the Escalade.. The QX will be up for a redesign sooner than the Caddy...
    SO true. Based on the problems with undersized and rapid wearing brakes, loose and misfitting pieces, and rattles galore, the first model year versions were like 85% complete...almost a bit prototype like, as if they had really been rushed and skipped a few steps.

They've worked to fix most of the issues over the '05 and now '06 model years, but they still don't set all-time quality or refinement standards.

Quote Originally Posted by blingblingcv
    wow, i didnt know how horrible the qx56 was until i posted this. I owned a 2001 qx4 a few yrs ago and it was a great truck. But the whole forum is sayin that the qx56 is not great quality.
    Strange, but true. If you actually look at all of the vehicles in the Inifiniti line or drive them, most all are amazing, and have terrific levels of refinment and quality. Unfortunately, for the QX56, it got styling the match the rest of the family, but they left out a lot of other stuff...like making sure all the pieces fit the pricetag, and the refinement was actually at luxury levels.

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You cant use personal experience as a wide statistic. Look it up man, domestic vehicles' records suck compared to foreign.

That said, I doubt all those cars never needed ANY repair, with that many cars I can only assume you owned them for too short a period of time, or.. your 300 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee
    You cant use personal experience as a wide statistic. Look it up man, domestic vehicles' records suck compared to foreign.

That said, I doubt all those cars never needed ANY repair, with that many cars I can only assume you owned them for too short a period of time, or.. your 300 years old.
    I guess I am lying? I said the cars and SUV's I listed never went back to the dealer for warranty repair, I have a shop that does all my oil changes and performance work, and personal experience is the only thing that matters to me. I am old but not yet 300, my SUV's are sold or traded when they have about 25k miles on them, my Corvette's go at 10k, and daily driver's go at about 25k as well. I have owned several Porsche's, a 550 Ferrari, several Mercedes and well as many BMW's, and as I said my cars and SUV's that were made in the USA was far more reliable, don't get me wrong my Euro cars never had any major problems, it just the little pain in the @ss problems. I own a lot cars, and have owned a lot of cars, just telling you my experience.

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I guess I am lying? I said the cars and SUV's I listed never went back to the dealer for warranty repair, I have a shop that does all my oil changes and performance work, and personal experience is the only thing that matters to me. I am old but not yet 300, my SUV's are sold or traded when they have about 25k miles on them, my Corvette's go at 10k, and daily driver's go at about 25k as well. I have owned several Porsche's, a 550 Ferrari, several Mercedes and well as many BMW's, and as I said my cars and SUV's that were made in the USA was far more reliable, don't get me wrong my Euro cars never had any major problems, it just the little pain in the @ss problems. I own a lot cars, and have owned a lot of cars, just telling you my experience.
    I never said you were lying, not even remotely close to understanding why you assume that. Anyway...

Like I said, I was talking about longevity. Of course a car with 25k will not have problems, not common at least. I dont know of a benz, chevy, kia or nissan that have issues at 25k. But I guarantee you, that the others will last WELL over 100k before they have to have major service, and the GM will be in and out of the shop. But hey, thats just what the facts are. I wish I had the resources to sell my cars at 25k and get another one fresh off the lot, but I dont, otherwise I would never ever complain about service.

Good choice in vehicles by the way , seems like you've had tons of nice cars.

As I said I can only go by my experiences with cars made here vs. cars made in Europe that I have owned, I would agree that a 20k VW will probably outlast a 20k Chevy, but I know from owning many BMW's it will go to the shop a lot more for "stupid" little problems, as I said I never had a major problem, it's things like moldings coming loose, weatherstripping being torn, the type of things that you really don't want to take the car back for, but you have to, these are the type of pain in the @ss things that I do not have with my uSA cars and SUV's, and I hear this a lot from my Zaino customers with high end cars.

As I said I can only go by my experiences with cars made here vs. cars made in Europe that I have owned, I would agree that a 20k VW will probably outlast a 20k Chevy, but I know from owning many BMW's it will go to the shop a lot more for "stupid" little problems, as I said I never had a major problem, it's things like moldings coming loose, weatherstripping being torn, the type of things that you really don't want to take the car back for, but you have to, these are the type of pain in the @ss things that I do not have with my uSA cars and SUV's, and I hear this a lot from my Zaino customers with high end cars.
    So true, especially when it comes to electrical bugs in various European designs. Lots of little "stupid problems" seem to be the norm...and why marks like MB STILL are at the bottom of the barrel in reliability ratings.

I trully do believe that most Asian-based vehicles are still among the best when it comes to overall quality and lack of issues, but most European marks (MB really, BMW to some extent, and then all of the exotics like Ferrari and Maserati that tend to have so MANY issues, small and large, from day one, that it's easy to see why most people who own them don't drive them that much), have not set any records for reliability over the past many years.

For a long time, and still to some extent today, a lot of imports clearly had and have a much higher level of fit & finish, refinement, and perceptional quality, but the gap between domestics and imports in these categories is shrinking further and further everyday.

When we had our '02 Avalanche, it was the first vehicle we EVER had that didn't need to go in for any repair in the 2.5 years we had it, except for one time to replace a cracked mirror glass and a foglight that had condensation in it. Our '04 Suburban hasn't been as great, having been in about 4 times for warranty work now, and it did really start to bug me there for a while, but now that the various little first year of ownership bugs are straightened out, all seems well.

But getting back to what was actually being talked about, the QX56 is an example of a vehicle that DEFINATELY could have used another year at least of R & D testing and revision by Nissan...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.