CTS-V vs. 300C SRT-8 from someone who should know - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, CTS-V vs. 300C SRT-8 from someone who should know in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by waldoaz The SRT-8 looks very nice, but the CTS-V is sexier! The problem with Chrysler is their ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: CTS-V vs. 300C SRT-8 from someone who should know

Quote Originally Posted by waldoaz
    The SRT-8 looks very nice, but the CTS-V is sexier! The problem with Chrysler is their nazi computer! Its hard to modify this car because of it! GSM uses a piggyback comp to get around it! For some reason Chrysler wont give out the codes to aftermarket companies! Its truelly a fast car, but if your going ot modify the engine, then id suggest the CTS-V!
    I really don't think the SRT-8 will be hard to mod considering all the mods being done to other SRT cars. I haven't done any looking but I'd be VERY surprised if modding the SRT-8 was limited at all.
    And as for which is "sexier", I think that's very subjective. IMO, I think the CTS-V is more of a driver's car for sure but the SRT-8 is way hotter looking.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    I really don't think the SRT-8 will be hard to mod considering all the mods being done to other SRT cars. I haven't done any looking but I'd be VERY surprised if modding the SRT-8 was limited at all.
    It's pretty well known that Chryslers aren't well supported by programming software. I'm not saying tuners won't or don't support them, but what waldoaz is saying has a lot of merit. LSx engines on the other hand have a lot of options; you aren't left with just finding a product, but instead get to pick from a lot of products most of which are very stable and solid.

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Congrats on the new purchase. I now have 600 miles on my Charger SRT-8 and am loving every second behind the wheel. The car is a discussion piece everywhere I drive it. I can't wait to test its abilities on the track, most likely I will let my oldest son do the honors. As for luxury, it does not have the fit and finish of my 2005 RL, but it is comparable to the finish in my son's 2003 DTS. I will be on the lookout for you and be sure to honk or wave if you see me in the Tidewater area:

Take care and drive safe... traction control means nothing in these cars.
    Regards,
    Abe

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Leloz
    Congrats on the new purchase. I now have 600 miles on my Charger SRT-8 and am loving every second behind the wheel. The car is a discussion piece everywhere I drive it. I can't wait to test its abilities on the track, most likely I will let my oldest son do the honors. As for luxury, it does not have the fit and finish of my 2005 RL, but it is comparable to the finish in my son's 2003 DTS. I will be on the lookout for you and be sure to honk or wave if you see me in the Tidewater area:

Take care and drive safe... traction control means nothing in these cars.
    Regards,
    Abe
    Abe,

Thanks and I will return the favor. As far as traction is concerned I was very surprised that when traveling at anything under 25 mph and flooring it results in an abrupt downshift and a complete loss of traction. You've gotta love torque. I think you've got the handler of the bunch with the Charger. That should be a hoot on the track.

Also - I don't think you picked up on my earlier comment, I think you and I had the same builder. Your brick color, dual garage openings, etc. look identical to mine.

Take care,

Chris

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

You are probably right. There are only a handful of builders in the Tidewater area. I bought our home 10 months after it was built in 1990. I just wish I had 2 more garages at home!

Enjoy the 300C! Did they tell you something about the car not hitting the full 425hp till you reach 5,000 miles?

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Leloz
    You are probably right. There are only a handful of builders in the Tidewater area. I bought our home 10 months after it was built in 1990. I just wish I had 2 more garages at home!

Enjoy the 300C! Did they tell you something about the car not hitting the full 425hp till you reach 5,000 miles?
    I have a two car attached and a two car detached garage. My home was built in 1989, my guess is it's the same builder. When this weather clears we've got to hook up for lunch and compare rides. I know another local V owner that will join us. Should be fun.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.