CTS-V vs. 300C SRT-8 from someone who should know - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, CTS-V vs. 300C SRT-8 from someone who should know in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Why did this post get moved?...
    Silver Baron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2

Re: CTS-V vs. 300C SRT-8 from someone who should know

Why did this post get moved?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Good luck with your new baby! I liked your first post and found myself nodding a lot as I read it. Just this pst weekend, I had the opportunity to take a real nice drive in a new '06 CTS-V and it was a wonderful car to drive. Quite possibly the finest handling car I've ever driven but you points are true about it IMO.
    I guess I'm too old to be driving a manual as a daily driver no matter HOW fun it is to drive. Been there, done that years ago and am not dying to go back to it anytime soon.
    I'm surprised at the price you paid for your SRT-8 though. I looked at (and drove) a couple and they were both stickered at $43K. I guess there must've been something they were missing? I found the 'V' a better candidate for the track and that's great IF you're looking to drive at that level. Persoanlly, I'm not and I don't feel the need to buy a car with that level of potential just so I can say I have it. I buy for the way I'll actually drive it. This is just another reason why I think I like the SRT-8 products so much. They aren't "sports cars" they're "sporty cars". They can be driven at nearly the level of the actual sports cars and at the same time offer the comfort and bad-ass looks that I'll appreciate on a daily basis.
    Personally, I liked the steel blue SRT-8 too Crowan. Liked it a lot. That's the one I actually drove too. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it.
    I think the biggest problem when it comes to the CTS-V and some others like it is that maybe it's the answer to a question nobody's asking.

AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    It's official, I've changed my avatar, ownership and signature. My posts will never be "in your face" unless I'm goaded into it. By now you all know I'm not a troll. I will definitely stay around because there is unfinished business that I want to see resolved for everyone here.

My next car was nearly a C6 but at the last minute I just couldn't do it. For my job, a Corvette totally disconnects me from my TEAM. I can only explain it as, imagine that you bust your ass everyday and your boss is driving a $350,000 Maybach and telling you you're overpaid and not trying hard enough. That becomes a pretty hard sell as you speed away. The 300 and CTS are unassuming enough to be nearly an everyman's car. I can live with that. I'd rather be underestimated any day of the week.

You guys are my internet pals. The ones I've had the pleasure of meeting in person have re-emphasized my belief that car guys are good guys. I have no intention of leaving such an active, informative and fun forum. Carry on gentlemen, as we have much to do.
    Cool do stick around, I still think you'll be modding the 300; not modding a car is pretty much impossible I have wondered what my guys thought about me driving and modding on my V, but at the end of the day I take all the finacial risk and aren't guarnateed a paycheck, plus I'm the boss so I deserve it.
    12 CTS-V | 12 SRX | 09 Z06 | 08 C6 Z51
    05 CTS-V | 04 GTO (Sold)

obzidian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

good review....

I really didn't see anything that wasnt objective though i feel that the V interior isnt as bad as it was painted in your post. Also, it was mentioned that the V is sports car and not a sporty car. Though i agree, i would like to mention that the V does a fine job of combining luxury or "statesmenship" that a few would like to credit. It colors are sutble and a bit "avant grade", but that is the feel/look of the new caddi line and i like it...though i will agree that the door panels need a bit more of love.

I believe the conception of the srt-8 feeling bigger or not as agile is because it is. ITs more of a cruiser thgouh again, i feel that the V with all of its issue, has had that part taken away from it. The shifter isnt as horrible as it is described..just not as percise as a FD's shifter which on requires a flick of the wrist. Would it be nice, YES, but all and in all, not horrible.

The V is a nice luxury sedan with performance running in its veins. I like the SRT-8 and im sure you'll grow to love the auto stick or not!! I think in black is the color it would look best and with black wheels with a sliver lip.... yeah..i know its bling but is a chrylser merged with MB....

Oh, and that is another point, without the help of MB, chrylser and dodge, IMO, would not have been even close to where they are now without the aid of MB, which has turned the company into a solid competitor with their SRT line. I think hey have done a great job and hopefully it will last...

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Baron
    Why did this post get moved?
    I didn't move it - but to answer your question - just look at the title. It's exactly what this section is here for. Comparisons of Cadillac vs its competitors.. This section was made for topics like this..

To whoever moved it, thank you...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

CVP33, thank you for the Great comparison!!
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

GT04CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): No GET-RAG or GM products

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    No problem Big Jim, now run along to the NHTSA to file your complaint.

Looks like eight people already did the same for the 2006 300's

GT

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Yeah, I've already been to the dealer to address the squeaking brakes. Although we all know the V's squeal as well, there's apparently a TSB where the pads are swapped for ones that don't squeal while having no effect on stopping ability. So next Monday I'm addressing that.

I also hear that there is a concern over soft rotors and a studder between the 1-2 shift. I haven't had a problem with the rotors yet, but I have experienced the studder. It only happens under full acceleration from a standstill. I've found that pressing the gas about 90% launches the car better, eliminates the studder and then you can slam it. With no clutch to feather, traction becomes your enemy so careful application of the throttle is needed getting off the line.

Gordy Petrovski is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My question is when are VERTICAL doors going on??

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy Petrovski
    My question is when are VERTICAL doors going on??
    As soon as you take off your landau roof, coach lights, vogue tires, gold chain license plate, wood grain dash overlay, sheep skin seat covers, curb feelers, dash cover, chrome fenders and neon.

http://www.tuningfever.com/albums/us...ilac%20cts.JPG

ace996 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Lemon Law'd '05 V

And don't forget the King's Crown air freshener....in Royal Purple and Gold...of course!!!

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

I think this is a good post. I got to drive some 300Cs along with all the other new Chryslers a couple years ago at a Chrysler test drive. I liked the 300C a lot but I remember thinking it didn't seem as good as I thought it would be. But that didn't stop me from going around the track a few times with it! It was a fun day. I saw a 300 SRT8 a few weeks ago. It sounded really nice and it would be fun to try driving one sometime. It was a black one.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    I didn't move it - but to answer your question - just look at the title. It's exactly what this section is here for. Comparisons of Cadillac vs its competitors.. This section was made for topics like this..

To whoever moved it, thank you...
    You're welcome Sal

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by brougham
    I think this is a good post. I got to drive some 300Cs along with all the other new Chryslers a couple years ago at a Chrysler test drive. I liked the 300C a lot but I remember thinking it didn't seem as good as I thought it would be. But that didn't stop me from going around the track a few times with it! It was a fun day. I saw a 300 SRT8 a few weeks ago. It sounded really nice and it would be fun to try driving one sometime. It was a black one.
    That reminds me of something I forgot to mention. I think the SRT-8 "sounds" much nicer on the road. The CTS-V has a weird engine/exhaust sound that I really didn't care for, whereas the SRT-8 had a real nice engine/exhaust sound. I know it may seem like a minor thing but to me it's not. I've put custom intakes and exhausts on most of my cars/trucks and take a lot of care making sure they give me that "just right" tone both at idle and under power.

waldoaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The SRT-8 looks very nice, but the CTS-V is sexier! The problem with Chrysler is their nazi computer! Its hard to modify this car because of it! GSM uses a piggyback comp to get around it! For some reason Chrysler wont give out the codes to aftermarket companies! Its truelly a fast car, but if your going ot modify the engine, then id suggest the CTS-V!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.