Lexus 4.6L v8 making 380hp?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lexus 4.6L v8 making 380hp?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i dont care if lexus is more expensive...they are both 4.6L engines. red light to redlight who would win..most likely ...
    1fastSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Lexus 4.6L v8 making 380hp??

i dont care if lexus is more expensive...they are both 4.6L engines. red light to redlight who would win..most likely the lexus, 4.6 to 4.6 and thats just dissapointing! like i said previously, its not like we are dealing with a basic pushrod motor here...we have a 32V DOHC engine. whatever lexus is doing, we should have done a while ago to make 300hp turn into 400hp especially after 10 yrs, and how the HP war seems to be back again!

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

380hp from a V8 is no big deal...what about 333 from a 3.2L inline 6 ala E46 M3's??? How about 240hp from a 2.0L (now 2.2L) 4-banger ala S2000? For the target market, I'm sure Cadillac figured 320hp was plenty for now. Now the real question is why didn't the '06 CTS-V get the LS7?

Besides, it isn't all about HP. What about torque in these 2 motors (you look it up cuz I'm too lazy). Also, look at power:weight ratio if you wanna guess who will win in a street race (if you really feel the need to race your STS).

JLaws is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Check it with aftermarket wheels.

I had an Ls430 and it was the best vehicle I've ever owned. Plenty of technology, easy to use navigation. I never got what people meant by a vehicle not having a soul. Just because it's so damn quiet and soft over bumps? It is a "luxury car." There are plenty of aftermarket exhaust, air intakes, to make the engine roar. Lowering kits and wheels to make it handle better and body kits to make it look more aggressive all for a reasonable budget.
    The new LS460L will be the next level with techology similar to the new Benz S550 but for much less. I hear it will have the new auto parallel park feature !!
    Attached Images

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

BMW's 333HP 3.2 inline 6 has no torque though, and what there is is all high end. Great for a little lightweight car (fairly lightweight - the 3 is heavy for its size) but if you put that in your Cadillac it would be ... lethargic.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by JLaws
    I never got what people meant by a vehicle not having a soul. Just because it's so damn quiet and soft over bumps? It is a "luxury car."
    I'm not gonna try to explain soul to you. But Caddys and Lincolns have plenty of soul, and they glide silently and softly over bumps too. So that's not it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    I'm not gonna try to explain soul to you. But Caddys and Lincolns have plenty of soul, and they glide silently and softly over bumps too. So that's not it.
    The Lexus has a soul too, but its different than the Caddies or Lincoln's. A Caddy in my mind is rather brash and charismatic when compared to a Lexus. A Lexus is like the really quiet kid in class who gets a 4.0 GPA, and the Caddy is kind of like the class clown..charismatic, easy going, everyone knows him and recognizes him..

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

The soulless comments come from the asian companies releasing bland looking designs, or in the case of the new LS, producing a poor imitation of other makes'.

Despite all the criticism, it seems everyone is imitating the Bangle-Bimmers:

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I actually think its a pretty good looking car, quite daring for Lexus!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Soul-less or not, the LS460 is going to be a kick-ass car.. None of my belongings have ever needed a soul...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I prefer driving a car to controlling an appliance, thanks.

JCM1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 Deville Concours, 1997 Seville SLS, 1981 Eldorado

There is a rumor that the 380 HP Lexus claims from the 4.6 V8 might be a very liberal estimation. There have been independent tests that have shown this number to be wishful thinking. They suggest more along the lines of 360 HP, while still respectable, it is not the 380 HP Lexus claims. The new LS460 is supposed to be a hell of a car considering the new S-Class Mercedes begs the question WTF and the current 7-series BMW just looks strange. Anyone planning to purchase one, I suggest you take advantage of the 24 hour test drive and see if it really feels like 380 HP.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Haven't there been accusations as of late that some of the Jap car companies have been overrating HP numbers? It doesn't really matter a whole lot, 360 vs. 380 will still having that car moving much more nimbly than its predecessors. I'm a little sad though, that Lexus pretty much had to copy the new 7-series design, because I think it looks pretty awful.

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Swine
    That Lexus STARTS at 60k.

Loaded, you'll be close to 80k (LS460)

Gee, it's a brand new engine making over 90HP than the previous generation. Maybe ownerrs of 06 models should be bitching!

Are these cars even in the same category? We're talking about $400 for every extra HP! Those are some expensive ponies!!!
    I may be mistaken but doesn't that put it into the STS-V pricerange? So not apples and oranges after all.

Those pictures look alot like a beemer with Lexus tags.

When you compare the same pricerange cars to same pricerange cars...Cadillac does well.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

This car DOES have the side profile of a BMW... Lexus copies everyone though, it is not surprising.

Dooman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Black and Tan STS

Take a good look at those pictures now that the new 07 Camry is out. I'd buy the Toyota, spend a few $$ on wheels.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.