Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; A friend of a friend works at the Chysler/ Dodge design center. He drove a 300C SRT-8 over to my ...
    wicked v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet?

A friend of a friend works at the Chysler/ Dodge design center. He drove a 300C SRT-8 over to my buddies house and we took it for a spin. Its a nice car and they did a good job with it. After driving it, I really appreciate my V. It just wasnt sporty enough and it did feel slower. When I gunned it off the line it just didnt have the same suck your butt into the seat feeling as the V. I took a tight turn and the stablity system shut it down big time. I guess for me it just felt too big and clumsy. Anybody else drive one of these yet? What did you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet?

I looked at them while I was car shopping, but never took the time to actually drive one. I personally didn't really care for the interior, just something about the way it felt and looked to me. Plus once fitted out I had a problem convincing myself to pay 45,000 + for a Chrysler when I could get a Cadillac. But that's just me.

jlakowicz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I drove one and thought it was great. It felt lighter than it is, and it goes faster than it feels. The car is too big for me from the outside but once inside it felt good.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Drove it, loved it! I've seen them run 12's at the track bone stock so I know they're as fast or faster than any stock 'V'. As for the handling and traction control, I thought the car handled well, and the stability/traction control intervention was minimal yet recognizable. The interior still leaves me a little wanting but so do ALL the newer Cadillacs so I can't really say either has an edge in that department. The exhaust note is sweet, the trans seems well sorted out, and the car looks bad-ass from virtually any angle. If I were to get one, the only fear I would have would be tire replacement cost.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I thought that there was a ban on any more SRT-8 threads.

Oh well. Pass the popcorn.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

I actually followed one the other day on my way home. First I had even seen one. It looked ok..........just ok.

That car really does nothing for me. The V screams "look at me" much more.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696
    I thought that there was a ban on any more SRT-8 threads.

Oh well. Pass the popcorn.
    not a ban
    but i said i will move each one of them.
    if it gets nasty (again) the Lounge mods will lock it up (dead horse++)

Randy_W is offline Banned

The only side by side test I saw was of the '05 cars in Motor Trend. In that test the V ran a 13.1 @ 109.8 and the SRT8 ran a 13.2 @108.2. The '06 V is even quicker while the SRT stays the same. That trap speed actually indicates the LS6 is producing more horsepower than the 6.1 Hemi that's rated at 25 more!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I like thr SRT-8 300C ~ but I LOVE the Dodge Charger version SRT-8. That car's interior is waaay better than the 300C. The SRT-8 Magnum has the 300C interior, almost identical, but the Charger rocks. Lovin' that center hood scoop on the Charger as well...Black, please.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

You want to see this thread go down hill? Keep making it a comparo between the 300c SRT-8 and the CTS-V. Come on guys, do we REALLY have to keep beating this dead horse? This thread was obviously started by someone interested in the SRT-8 and I don't recall him asking for 'V' guys to start getting defensive.
    Can we PLEASE try to keep this thread to at least SEMI-positive stuff about the SRT-8 ONLY?
    The two cars are obviously BOTH great cars form two different companies and therefore have slightly different takes on what this type of car should be. Can we just admit that and get on with life?

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    You want to see this thread go down hill? Keep making it a comparo between the 300c SRT-8 and the CTS-V. Come on guys, do we REALLY have to keep beating this dead horse? This thread was obviously started by someone interested in the SRT-8 and I don't recall him asking for 'V' guys to start getting defensive.
    Can we PLEASE try to keep this thread to at least SEMI-positive stuff about the SRT-8 ONLY?
    The two cars are obviously BOTH great cars form two different companies and therefore have slightly different takes on what this type of car should be. Can we just admit that and get on with life?
    well in fairness to the V guys, this post was in CTS-V before I moved it....so they just followed the redirect. I doubt many V folks come down to the Lounge to flame about SRT8s.

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

I like both cars, but neither really draws my attention. The V looks like a normal CTS with a MUCH improved grille. The SRT-8 has some serious power, but it is a big car and that may detract from its performance. The V looks sportier and the SRT-8 looks down-right mean.

I'll stick to my little coupe's !

Randy_W is offline Banned

The very first post compared the two, so, silly me, I assumed it was a comparison!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Whats funny is SpeedyArizona says, "It's a BIG car" {Charger/300/Magnum}
    ... then I look at the poster's age. It's ALWAYS under 30. To me, it's a small car. I checked my Dodge Dart brochure (remember them?) and the Dart (compact !) and the Charger/300/Magnum are just about the same size !
    My daily driver is a 2003 Town Car, and to me - it's "mid--size" as is the de Ville) or DTS. The new SLS (formerely Seville)is a large compact.
    I guess it only takes one accident (that I was in - when a drunk cruised into me in the GARBAGE TRUCK that he stole, while running from the police,) to make one swear off of little cars. Sadly, the public today has had THAT choice all but taken away from them. I was used to 237 inch long, 80 inch w-i-d-e & 5,100 pound(er) Imperials with 440 (s) or Hemis underhood. You younger guys missed the golden age of some mighty great cars, when a small fender bender at 25 MPH caused the need for touch up paint and a new chrome strip!

Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    .... You younger guys missed the golden age of some mighty great cars, when a small fender bender at 25 MPH caused the need for touch up paint and a new chrome strip!
    You've reminded me, Sandy, of an oportunity I once had at age 19 to buy a 57 Chrysler Imperial with a Hemi.. 392. It was a beautiful car (it needed to be restored but I loved the body style). It was pink and white or cream. It could have been mine for $500, unfortunately I didn't have a garage available in which to work on it so I had to pass it by.

What a great cruiser that baby would have been!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.