Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Darn .... you know how to get me aroused! What's unusual 'bout THAT painting is the they illustrate it WITHOUT ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet?

Darn .... you know how to get me aroused!

What's unusual 'bout THAT painting is the they illustrate it WITHOUT the "Flightsweep" rear deck, AKA the toilet seat deck lid.

I got "smacked" more times on the hand in a 1957 than anywhere else. We had the rear air conditioning, and on the rear package shelf were these things that looked like miniture ampha-theatres ( like a vertical 1/2 shell)
    that the cold air blew outta. Okay, so they could be posistioned anyway ya wanted, and they rotated on (of all things) ball bearings, (small ones) and they were metal - so they had some heft to them. Since Sandy sat in the back, and Mom & Dad in the front, Sandy had a game called "Spin the Vent" & I did just that and tried to beat my record for "spins" from the last spin and sometimes I'd get smacked over the seat, or screamed , since my Mom could never ever reach all the waaaay back to the back seat from the front.
    We also found that making a small "spitball" the size of a dime, and placing said spitball (made of paper) INTO the vent and asking Dad to turn ON the REAR air "cause I was HOT" caused spit ball to launch forward into the front seat, causing a HOME RUN ! Go back seat team, GO ! (Causing yet another smack attempt from the front seat! ) Then there were those back seat cigar lighters, which got removed as soon as I discovered them. Back seat individual reading lamps on spin bases, man ya get them going 'round and the air vents spinning & the spit balls comin' outta the A/C vents it was a blast! (Hey, I was 10) Today's my Mom's 91st B'day, her 6th in heaven, so this was a good thing to post me. Fond memories
    Thanks!

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    . That trap speed actually indicates the LS6 is producing more horsepower than the 6.1 Hemi that's rated at 25 more!
    Not necessarily true. Which one weighs more?

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    You've reminded me, Sandy, of an oportunity I once had at age 19 to buy a 57 Chrysler Imperial with a Hemi.. 392. It was a beautiful car (it needed to be restored but I loved the body style). It was pink and white or cream. It could have been mine for $500,
    My dad had a 1957 Chrysler Windsor four door sedan from 1992-2001. It was pink (salmon) with white inserts. It was a really cool car . I think having a huge yacht like that is what made me love large american luxury sedans! I told myself right before we got sold that car, that I was gonna have a 1958 Plymouth Fury (Christine) for my first car. Of course I was 14 and very naive, and I didnt realize that wouldnt happen...

But yeah 1957 was a great year for Chrysler!

If I can find some pics of that car, I'll try to get them up here!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

This is NOT it ~ ~but, it is identical. We had the toilet seat on the decklid, and the Imperial Spear Eagle on the hood's center. A 4-Door Hardtop, no center bar. 2 missing cigar lighter in the rear and very loose A/C vents

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

I looked at one of these things 2 weeks ago. It was attractive and I'm sure it is fast, but I didn't waste the time of the salesperson test driving it because I wasn't serious about buying. I agree the interior was lacking, but the seats felt good....much better than the seats in the 300 C.

I agree with what's said above about paying 45-47k for a Chrysler. The cost of maintenance, tire replacement, and mileage are all considerations I gave to owning the SRT 8 Jeep too. You pay sticker price for a fast vehicle, but in the end you're driving a Jeep or Chrysler. Call me vain but a Jeep just doesn't hold the same appeal for me [and most people?] as driving a Cadillac.

Someone also brought up the idea that while interest is high in these SRT 8 vehicles at this point, interest will surely fade. When it does you'll be WAAYYYY upside down after paying sticker price, and in some cases a few grand mark up.

To each his own. Between the SRT 8 Jeep and 300 I'd personally prefer the Jeep because I'm a truck/suv guy. Car and Driver managed to get 0-60 in 4.5 in the SRT 8 Jeep. I'll keep my Escalade over either.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    To each his own. Between the SRT 8 Jeep and 300 I'd personally prefer the Jeep because I'm a truck/suv guy. Car and Driver managed to get 0-60 in 4.5 in the SRT 8 Jeep. I'll keep my Escalade over either.
    Yeah but the Escalade to me is now a rapper vechicle. Sorry, I liked them at first but now they are just ghetto. Thank MTV for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer
    Yeah but the Escalade to me is now a rapper vechicle. Sorry, I liked them at first but now they are just ghetto. Thank MTV for that.
    I don't guess I watch enough MTV to appreciate your point of view. But reading the Escalade forum every other thread has to do with lowering the vehicle, replacing the wheels, or modifying it in some way, so the vehicle is often "over done" IMO. For me the Escalade is a luxury SUV with far more prestige than a Jeep. That was my point.

Randy_W is offline Banned

Not necessarily true. Which one weighs more?
    It isn't always true, but weight has much less effect on horsepower at speed than it does from a stop, and the Chrysler weighs about 250 -300 lbs. more. With the extra weight the h.p. to weight ratio is still the same, implying that actual h.p. output, at least at the traps, slightly favors the V.

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

For me the Escalade is a luxury SUV with far more prestige than a Jeep. That was my point
    I like the Escalade, but think it's become a bit too flambouyant with everyone in Hollywood owning one. I have a philosophy on owning cars, I always keep them stock (except for small upgrades like satellite radio etc). I could never justify paying $50,000 on a luxury SUV that will never meet any off-road trails. I would, however, like to spend $20,000 and get a new 2008 Wrangler to take down to Sedona and have a blast on the red rock!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

That's called taking the good with the bad. The success gained via that market segment has a flip-side I guess.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    It isn't always true, but weight has much less effect on horsepower at speed than it does from a stop, and the Chrysler weighs about 250 -300 lbs. more. With the extra weight the h.p. to weight ratio is still the same, implying that actual h.p. output, at least at the traps, slightly favors the V.
    The V is lighter, the 300 has more power. The V has a manual, the 300 has an automatic which drains more power. Sounds like that all balances out. The only unknown to me at least is which one is more aerodynamic. The V "looks" slipperier than the 300 but I have no data to back that up.

Randy_W is offline Banned

Kat, I'd say that's a fair assesment!

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    I looked at one of these things 2 weeks ago. It was attractive and I'm sure it is fast, but I didn't waste the time of the salesperson test driving it because I wasn't serious about buying. I agree the interior was lacking, but the seats felt good....much better than the seats in the 300 C.

I agree with what's said above about paying 45-47k for a Chrysler. The cost of maintenance, tire replacement, and mileage are all considerations I gave to owning the SRT 8 Jeep too. You pay sticker price for a fast vehicle, but in the end you're driving a Jeep or Chrysler. Call me vain but a Jeep just doesn't hold the same appeal for me [and most people?] as driving a Cadillac.

Someone also brought up the idea that while interest is high in these SRT 8 vehicles at this point, interest will surely fade. When it does you'll be WAAYYYY upside down after paying sticker price, and in some cases a few grand mark up.

The SRT 8 Jeep has got to be a street sleeper. No 4 wheel drive..right?

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I love the exterior of the Chrysler 300 Series but once you look inside, it's like a different car. It looks like an expensive vehicle on the outside and then really cheap on the inside. If Chrysler were to add nice woodgrain, at least as an option, I bet it would sell a lot more...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    The SRT 8 Jeep has got to be a street sleeper. No 4 wheel drive..right?
    All the SRT 8 Jeeps are full time AWD. They guarantee sub 5 second 0-60 times even on wet pavement. IIRC the distribution under normal driving is 90/10. THe reason this thing posts such good 0-60 times is because of the AWD and lack of wheelspin. AWD vehicles just launch well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.