NEW Chrysler Imperial concept (hi-res photos) - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, NEW Chrysler Imperial concept (hi-res photos) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Keep in mind this is a concept car. PT Cruiser aside, concept cars rarely make it to production with all ...
    noahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 SDV

Re: NEW Chrysler Imperial concept (hi-res photos)

Keep in mind this is a concept car. PT Cruiser aside, concept cars rarely make it to production with all cool stuff intact. I predict those suicide doors will be gone - liability lawyers will be standing in line to file the first lawsuit when one of those doors drags some poor sap out on to the freeway at 70 mph.

Those floating headlights are butt ugly. They remind me of the 1960-61 Imperials.
    The dash and interior are awesome. Chrysler stylists are still the best at pushing the envelope.

If you want one of these, wait a couple of years. Imperials have a tradition of losing 60% of their value in the first year, and 30% more the second year. If the sticker is 50k, you can probably own one in 2009 for 15k.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

No, I'm not waiting! I want MY options and MYcolor scheme and I want it brand new, under 10 miles.

Thinking black, cream interior. This will be Imperial # 28. (I think...)
    Only problem I see is what dealer to buy it at. I will not set foot in any Mega monster highway wowzer slam bam store. I'd like to find a very very small little dealer out in the boonies. Wait...there are NO boonies in Jersey ..... that way I'll get really good service, if need be. Anybody here from Jersey know of a really tiny Chrysler store ?? Rahway Motors in Rahway looks good. I think they sell like 10 a month.

noahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    No, I'm not waiting! I want MY options and MYcolor scheme and I want it brand new, under 10 miles.

Thinking black, cream interior. This will be Imperial # 28. (I think...)
    Only problem I see is what dealer to buy it at. I will not set foot in any Mega monster highway wowzer slam bam store. I'd like to find a very very small little dealer out in the boonies. Wait...there are NO boonies in Jersey ..... that way I'll get really good service, if need be. Anybody here from Jersey know of a really tiny Chrysler store ?? Rahway Motors in Rahway looks good. I think they sell like 10 a month.

You go for it Sandy! I agree there's nothing like owning a brand new car, especially one as cool as this - I just have a hard time parting with the money. Guess that explains why I'm driving an '87 SDV.

You are smack on target with the small dealer thing. I've worked at both, and the little guys are definitely the choice of smart buyers. They work hard to please you and keep you. At the mega-stores, you're just another sap to be tapped.

Post some pics when you land your Imperial so we can drool.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by deskjockey
    i'll be havin me one, dat be fo sho.
    Huh?

Eric Kahn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham, 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

the "floating" headlights are "retro" imperials in the 50's had headlights like that

CaddyCrisis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350
    Huh?
    HAHAHA!!

Well, I spent a LONG TIME on BOTH the Rolls Royce site AND the Bentley site (Corporate sites....)
    I'll tell you exactly what MOPAR copied. They began with the R.R. and took
    the belly. That is, from the bottom of the windshield (by the windshield wipers) back to the bottom of the rear window, where it meets the trunk lid. In so doing, they omitted the "C" window of the R.R. {Small little vertical window, just behind the rear door's major glass}. Then they added their own (MOPAR) rear decklid and added Bentley taillamps. At the front, they kept the R.R. style front fenders, and R.R. style grille & grille cap ~ changing them from vertical, to horizontal, and then deleted the R.R. headlamps (rectangle) and added identical Bentley Arnage headlamps.
    I can see why the altered the rear of the car. On the R.R. or the Bentley Arnage, it's the rear that is the least recognizable. If a person is shown the front or the side, they are gonna know it's a R.R. ~ but from the back, (the trunk lid, rear bumper cover, and rear fender tops, it's not very definative as a R.R.)
    By theway, I was surprised to see the both the Bentley & R.R. are offered in forty-one different colors! WOW. My guess is that the Imperial will ofer no more than 10.
    This car is gonna be a home run with the Hip-Hop crew, and be a star in videos, and like the trend setters that they are, it will cross over to mainstream, like theNavagator did, like the Escalade did and like many clothing styles did. Like it, or hate it, this car stands out with its 213 inch length and 63.5 inch height, on the road, it will command attention. Definately NOT "me-too"

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

It looks like the 300 also giving it that Cheap Man's Bentley look and that rear end got to go. The inside is sweet(not the pink) as well as the doors.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

the problem i see with the Imperials proportions is its too tall for how wide it is. I notice this especially from the rear, the tailights look so close together. They need to make it a bit wider or bring the hieght down a bit. It just looks gaudy with its current stance in my opinion.

fpmesiIII is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS (167k)

headlights need to be built around more (looks like eye balls with nothing surronding them), also the rear end def. needs some work and for gods sake that chrysler emblem has got to go :P atleast on mine it would. i dont think it needs a hood ornament, that would make it look too much like the RR Phantom, if it isnt already.

the interior is great , also like the suicide doors.

I love Gaudy! Gaudy is my middle mane

II love it - I love it - I love it - I love it. The more I look, the more I love it ! lI love it - I love it - I love it - I love it. The more I look, the more I love it !I love it - I love it - I love it - I love it. The more I look, the more I love it !ove iI love it - I love it - I love it - I love it. The more I look, the more I love it !t - I love it - I love it - I love it - I love it. The more I look, the more I love it !I love it - I love it - I love it. The more I look, the more I love it !
    I love it - I love it - I love it - I love it. The more I look, the more I love it !
    I love it - I love it - I love it - I love it. The more I look, the more I love it !

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Get ahold of yourself man!!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I love Gaudy! Gaudy is my middle mane
    Sandy, If you love gaudy so much then what do you think of the 1974-79 Lincolns? They are a gaudy car, but not to the point of being pointlessly gaudy. Also, the 1974 Cadillacs are probably the gaudiest Caddys made in the '70s.

1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Tallisman is my #1 Fav Caddy
    1962 Imperial LeBaron is my Fav Imperial
    1982 Lincoln Mark 6 Bill Blass Cabriolet Roof Genuine Wire Wheel Spring Special Fire Red & White Duo-Tone, is my favorite Lincoln.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I have always loved the Mark Series Lincolns, they are one of my favorite car nameplates of all time. I would love to have a 1978 Mark V Bill Blass Edition in the white and navy blue exterior, with the full vinyl roof and IIRC, it had dark blue leather. I like the Mark VI's too, but they are quite underpowered for my tastes. Its funny that they look so small when compared to the IV or V, but its the exact same length as the 68-71 Mark III, 216" total length.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.