Cadillac Owners Forum banner
32K views 89 replies 32 participants last post by  I~LUV~Caddys8792 
#1 · (Edited)
i found these on a concept car website I usually check out now and then. well, all i can say about the Chrysler Imperial concept is that it looks.........ummm.......well, imperial (in a rolls-roycey kinda way :shhh: )

See less See more
#52 ·
Isn't it funny with this whole new generation of cars.... something that the auto world tried so hard to get away from in the late 80's and did in the 90's and now its all coming around.....

BOX IS BACK

Yup, the new cars are boxy and I love it! Funny how everyone made fun of 70's and 80's cars calling them boxes... yet these same people love these new cars... folks, it is basically my '79 DeVille and instead of right angle edges, they are rounded off..... no more jelly beans!

#55 ·
I hate to say it but I feel the same about this Imperial.. At first, when I only saw it from the side - and could not tell how short it was, I loved it (as I love the look of the Phantom). But once I saw how stubby it was - and got an idea on what the front would look like - I stopped liking it..

I think Chrysler has the right idea with these types of cars - like the 300.. Yes, it has sort of a Bentley look to it - but what's wrong with that? Nothing, really. I love it.. Because of Chrysler, people can spend relatively little money and drive a car that looks extremely expensive.

If they make some major changes before the Imperial hits showroom floors, they may really have a winner on their hands.. Imagine driving a car that looks like a $300,000 Rolls Royce for $50,000?

#56 ·
Is it possible for RR to trademark the design or sue Chrysler?

#57 ·
You are all just very jealous of a design that will be hughly successful, with the Hip Hop generation, in film, and ultimately, like the 300C, a raving success. Herewith is "First Base" in this outta the park, bases loaded, home run:-

Friday, January 13, 2006

Drivers pick Imperial concept car as the best vehicle at the show

Josee Valcourt / The Detroit News

Drivers' Choice Awards

The Drivers' Choice awards are presented by William Dean Singleton, vice chairman and CEO of MediaNews Group, David J. Butler, editor and publisher of The Detroit News, and Steve Wasserman, vice president and general manager of WDIV-TV.

Drivers' choices

Here's what some members of the drivers' panel had to say about their favorite vehicles at the show.

O’Dell Tate

Lashell Williams

Leah Richards Inabnitt

Jerry Modzelewski

Ada Smith

Bob Cruzet

Jennifer Stocking

DETROIT — Our readers have spoken.

The Imperial large sedan concept was named best of show in the second-annual Detroit News/Local 4 Driver's Choice Awards.

The winners were chosen by a 100-member Detroit News reader panel who spent three hours touring the 2006 North American International Auto Show earler this week.

The awards were announced at a Detroit Economic Club luncheon at Cobo Center Friday by William Dean Singleton, vice chairman and CEO of MediaNews Group, which owns The Detroit News.

Chrysler CEO Tom LaSorda, who accepted the three awards on behalf of DaimlerChrysler AG, said the honors are important because they are chosen by consumers.

He was especially pleased that the Imperial won best of show.

"I think it"s a testimony to the talent of our designers,” LaSorda said.

#58 · (Edited)
Sandy said:
You are all just very jealous of a design that will be hughly successful, with the Hip Hop generation, in film, and ultimately, like the 300C, a raving success. Herewith is "First Base" in this outta the park, bases loaded, home run:-

Friday, January 13, 2006

Drivers pick Imperial concept car as the best vehicle at the show

Josee Valcourt / The Detroit News

Drivers' Choice Awards

The Drivers' Choice awards are presented by William Dean Singleton, vice chairman and CEO of MediaNews Group, David J. Butler, editor and publisher of The Detroit News, and Steve Wasserman, vice president and general manager of WDIV-TV.

Drivers' choices

Here's what some members of the drivers' panel had to say about their favorite vehicles at the show.

O’Dell Tate

Lashell Williams

Leah Richards Inabnitt

Jerry Modzelewski

Ada Smith

Bob Cruzet

Jennifer Stocking

DETROIT — Our readers have spoken.

The Imperial large sedan concept was named best of show in the second-annual Detroit News/Local 4 Driver's Choice Awards.

The winners were chosen by a 100-member Detroit News reader panel who spent three hours touring the 2006 North American International Auto Show earler this week.

The awards were announced at a Detroit Economic Club luncheon at Cobo Center Friday by William Dean Singleton, vice chairman and CEO of MediaNews Group, which owns The Detroit News.

Chrysler CEO Tom LaSorda, who accepted the three awards on behalf of DaimlerChrysler AG, said the honors are important because they are chosen by consumers.

He was especially pleased that the Imperial won best of show.

"I think it"s a testimony to the talent of our designers,” LaSorda said.

Sany, I admit, it will be a big hit on Eight Mile Road!

I'd like to see the 100 people from Huntington woods or Bloomfield Hills vote, I'll bet the result wouldn't be the same as the 'Yo Boy Detroit' vote.:tisk:

#59 ·
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Just because there's a good deal of positive press about something, it doesn't mean it's a great car, or will be a success on the showroom floor where it counts. There's been many cars over the years that were voted as "Car of the year" or something similar yet they turned out to be junk. I can remember right off the top of my head, that there was similar buzz surrounding the old Chevy Citation and I think we can all agree that car was a POS.
Even IF the car actually IS a hit with the hip-hop crowd, it certainly doesn't mean that it will be a sales hit, or that I will ever like it. Like I said before, who knows, maybe it'll grow on me, other designs have.

#60 ·
Like I said before, who knows, maybe it'll grow on me,
Kat, if that ever grows on you,it'll be like a boil, you'll need to get it lanced!:thumbsup:

My wife had an X-11 Citation and didn't have any problems, but we only had it about 2 years, I know of many others that were worthless. The brakes sucked, but also about then, build quality was bad with all companies, even the imports had issues with it. Let's just say, the X-cars aren't collectables, yet.:bigroll:

#61 ·
But look at the OTHER cars that were very successful with the Hip Hop crowd, and then crossed over:

Mercedes SUV & 6-Series
BMW SUV
Chrysler 300C
Infiniti FX
Almost all Lexi

The Cadillac XLS is so far a let down. I see (and assume you too see) very very few on the road. Granded it's a 2-seater, very costly, too.
This car has a wider audience as it's not as expensive as a XLR and seats 4.

I predict first year sales of 36,000. We will see. Alot has to do with corporate promotion. Advertising. Placement. (and) the snowball effect.

I think the easiest buyers to get into this Imperial are 1st year lease almost up 300C owners, and with the Park Avenue gone, perhap top shelf Buick owners. Most 1975 & prior Imperial owners are in nursing homes (at best).
WAIT, that's ME, I was a 1975 Imperial Owner. Oops!

#62 ·
Lets not get ahead of ourselves...has Chrysler even announced production yet?

Would it be the Chrysler Imperial or would it be a seperate brand and nameplate like the Imperial Crown or Lebaron?

#63 ·
As it is now.... Chrysler has NO luxury brand...

well, then again they have Mercedes... since the merge, I guess they can't really pump out a $50k Chrysler/Impearial, as it'll get in the way of MB sales....

but really with the 300C to top Chryslers corp. list of cars... well, its a kick ass car... but GM has Cadillac, Ford has Lincoln.... then Auura/Lexus/Infintiy etc... Chrysler needs something other then MB.

#64 ·
Randy_W said:
Kat, if that ever grows on you,it'll be like a boil, you'll need to get it lanced!:thumbsup:

My wife had an X-11 Citation and didn't have any problems, but we only had it about 2 years, I know of many others that were worthless. The brakes sucked, but also about then, build quality was bad with all companies, even the imports had issues with it. Let's just say, the X-cars aren't collectables, yet.:bigroll:
Don't feel bad, my dad had a Citation and my mom had a Chevette! I was surrounded by JUNK! The point was that time has a way of making corrections. What was once thought of as the car of the year, eventually turned out to be known as one of GM's great blunders. It happens all the time.

#66 ·
It's the TYPO model of the XLR. Sorry.

Rick, regarding the name. It was ALWAYS just IMPERIAL, as cadillac was CADILLAC and lincoln was LINCOLN. But those running Mother Mopar these days were (at best) in High School when the cars were in showrooms, so they might make it "Chrysler" as the make and "Imperial" as the model. I'll let ya know when I receive my title.;)

#67 ·
Sandy said:
It's the TYPO model of the XLR. Sorry.
Oops, I see now. I was looking at the following sentence and thinking you were still talking about the XLS but now I see you were back to talking about the Imperial. These posts get confusing sometimes! :bonkers:
Sandy, after reading that historical on the Imperial at the club website, I thought they said that it went back and forth between being called a Chrysler and not.

#68 ·
Night Wolf said:
As it is now.... Chrysler has NO luxury brand...

well, then again they have Mercedes... since the merge, I guess they can't really pump out a $50k Chrysler/Impearial, as it'll get in the way of MB sales....
You are correct about Chrysler not having a true luxury brand. Chrysler is comparable to Buick, but whereas Buick has Cadillac above them, Chrysler has nothing....now.

I don't think a $50,000 Imperial will compete with a $50,000 M-B. For $50,000 you can get a E350, which is a midrange sedan thats kinda sporty. Whereas a $50,000 Imperial will be a much more stately sedan, probably not as sporty. The Imperial's closest competitor will probably be a DeVille or Town Car.

#70 ·
CaddyCrisis said:
I think Chrylser has a good luxury car out there right now. There is the 300C and my parents have a 99 LHS which has heated seats and everthing else except a sunroof and that car is a great ride on the interstate going about 95.
Yeah it depends on how you look at a luxury car. If you look at features and other luxury items, then yes Chrysler is a luxury brand, along with Oldsmobile and Buick. But most people look at the nameplate and pedigree also. Which is one of the reasons Cadillac can charge $36,000 for a deVille that is very similar (in many respects) to a $26,000 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency Elite

#73 ·
Heirarchy (sp?) for current automobiles based on MSRP's

Rolls Royce---Bentley---Maybach

Mercedes Benz--BMW--Audi--Jaguar-Porsche

Cadillac-Infiniti-Lexus-Acura-Lincoln

Saab--Volvo--Buick--Chrysler

Toyota-Nissan-VW-Pontiac-Dodge-Mercury-

Honda-Chevrolet-Ford-Mazda-Hyundai

Kia-Mini-Scion-Suzuki

#74 ·
I've been looking at those high-res pictures for the better part of half an hour - right there on the screen in front of me, live and in living color, and I STILL can't believe it. With all due respect to those who like it, I cannot for the life of me remember ever seeing an uglier car: from one end to the other it is so profoundly grotesque that it nearly defies any kind of rational description.

#76 ·
Personally, I really like the 1957-60, most specifically the 1957 Lebaron hardtop sedan with the dual headlights, I think they look dumber with the single headlamps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.