Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
15K views 61 replies 30 participants last post by  marnepup 
#1 ·
Ran into one on the freeway....we went at it twice from a roll and both times I slowly pulled him and put about 1-2 cars on him from 65ish-110.

Fast ass car I must say, and the front looks badass (I got a good look in the rearview) ! I don't like the rears though at all.

Cool guy, gave a thumbs up as he was exiting. I swear this CTS-V is faster than I thought from a roll. :cool2:

#8 ·
Joey'sVee said:
So the 2 door charger weighs the same as the 4 doors 300? That 300 looks bigger...maybe it's just me.

I wonder when the challenger will come out.
The Charger is in fact 4 doors.

The Challenger is in Motor Trend this month. I think it is still a concept.....right?

#11 ·
Katshot said:
That's better than I would've expected considering the posted 1/4 mile ET's I've seen for both cars. Is your car stock?
I think the key was "from a roll" The auto should help out in the 1/4, but from a roll the greater efficency of the stick would help. Not much maybe but maybe enough for him to get you a car length in the 1/4 and the other way around for say 65 to 110 or something like that. The same car with a high stall converter and good tires will destroy an identical manual tranny car in the 1/8 for example.

#14 ·
Katshot said:
That's better than I would've expected considering the posted 1/4 mile ET's I've seen for both cars. Is your car stock?
What are they trapping in the 1/4??

#18 ·
Seattle CTS-V said:
What are they trapping in the 1/4??
Well, I happened to witness a SRT-8 Charger do a 12.8sec 1/4 mile at Englishtown, NJ and it was bone stock. Even had the OEM air filter still in place. BTW, a 300C SRT-8 did a 12.9 that same day bone stock. I've never seen a CTS-V at the track. The day I saw the MOPARs running, I was actually there to meet up with a bunch of CTS-V guys but they never showed up. One guy did but he left without ever running. But I can't recall anyone ever getting into the 12's with a stock CTS-V.

#20 ·
There are many 300's and Chargers in the 12's bone stock. I still haven't seen any V's in the 12's and i do not think my car had a 12 in it. Cars are too close for me to tell by an ass dyno, and it is hard to tell the difference with an ass dyno between an auto and a stick, but I would not be shocked if on a good day my 300 pulled some high 12's.

#21 ·
This race was FROM A ROLL! I'm sure the SRT's better hooking ability will spank the V's "launch". Look at the MPH of the V's, we definitely have the power to get into the 12's, just not the suspension. Slap a 9" and some stickies under my V...I'll run 12's all day long.

Just out of curiosity, how many lateral G's do the SRT's pull bone stock?

#22 ·
Mat347 said:
This race was FROM A ROLL! I'm sure the SRT's better hooking ability will spank the V's "launch". Look at the MPH of the V's, we definitely have the power to get into the 12's, just not the suspension. Slap a 9" and some stickies under my V...I'll run 12's all day long.

If you go to the track with a bone stock v....and I mean BONE stock and just replace the tires with slicks you WILL NOT get 12s even if the diff holds up, period. :eek:

#23 ·
daytripper said:
Here's some more pics of the camaro concept at the Detroit show.
Not feeling it.

D-C: Bring on the Challenger!! :cloud9:

#24 ·
Joey'sVee said:
If you go to the track with a bone stock v....and I mean BONE stock and just replace the tires with slicks you WILL NOT get 12s even if the diff holds up, period. :eek:
If you went to E-town the same nite the 300C ran a 12.9 and had drag radials on, and that's it, you'd better run a 12 in the V (assuming no wheel hop).....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.