Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
15K views 61 replies 30 participants last post by  marnepup 
#1 ·
Ran into one on the freeway....we went at it twice from a roll and both times I slowly pulled him and put about 1-2 cars on him from 65ish-110.

Fast ass car I must say, and the front looks badass (I got a good look in the rearview) ! I don't like the rears though at all.

Cool guy, gave a thumbs up as he was exiting. I swear this CTS-V is faster than I thought from a roll. :cool2:

#27 ·
kjr39 said:
I tell ya. I look at the concept Camaro and really like it. Then I look at it again and it look like shat.

Nothing like the V. When I saw it at the auto show I wet myself.
I read about the V in C&D in August of '03 and me likey! I start thinking about what I'd need to do to get one for the summer of '04. When I saw it at the local show, I stared in wonder at the shiny, black beast. That's when it was go time for me. I hadn't felt that way about a car since seeing the new M5 in '00.

#28 ·
I'd love to have a Challenger as well. Something tells me this car is going to be a hit. It's going to be relatively cheap considering the amount of performance your going to get, Hemi 425hp, coupe, Brembo's, Carbon fiber hood, Pistol Grip, and a beautiful design, IMO. I'd be inline to get one if my V is paid off by then. On the other hand, it would be fun to wait for limited production of Challenger to come out later on, say a "Six-Pack".

#30 ·
Joey'sVee said:
If you go to the track with a bone stock v....and I mean BONE stock and just replace the tires with slicks you WILL NOT get 12s even if the diff holds up, period. :eek:
Putting a 9" means no more IRS..which means no more wheelhop and with stickies(slicks) I can launch from 5k+ and actually hook up...and yes...I WOULD get 12's easy, the trap speeds of stock Vs being close to 109 shows the power is there. With bone stock V's already running low 13's I don't see how you can say 12's are impossible.

#32 ·
kjr39 said:
I think I'm going to sign the wife up for one of these when they come out:

Solstice GXP
You might want to wait and see if they put out a Saturn Sky Redline. I've heard lots of stories about dealers trying to sell the Solstice for up to $5K above sticker with BS market adjustments. I'm not sure Saturn dealers would be able to do that with their no-negotiate policy. I think the Sky is much better looking anyway, and I'd own one if was willing to spend the money for a second car.

#33 ·
skepticman said:
You might want to wait and see if they put out a Saturn Sky Redline. I've heard lots of stories about dealers trying to sell the Solstice for up to $5K above sticker with BS market adjustments. I'm not sure Saturn dealers would be able to do that with their no-negotiate policy. I think the Sky is much better looking anyway, and I'd own one if was willing to spend the money for a second car.
True dat! Except I would spend some extra $$ on a Mallett LS2 conversion and a few extras. The Sky is far better looking than the Solstice.

#36 ·
2004ctsv said:
The Camaro's back?

If only I had hair, I'd grow a mullet too:lildevil:

Tony
Chuck you Farley
To me the Camaro concept car looks too much like a Mustang clone for me, and I wouldn't have a "stang" on a stick.

Cure the launch problems and the V should be in the 12's. I've seen too many Fbody's there to not think the V could do it. Again it only takes 3 mods to put a late model auto Fbody in the 11's, why shouldn't a V be in the 12's?

#37 ·
As for the Challenger, I have a good feeling about this one. I think MOPAR is actually going to hit the mark with a TRUE American muscle car. Just like the recipe from the 60's, the car should be Hot, fast, and cheap. Keep the gizmos and gadgets for other cars like the 300C SRT-8. This car (and likely the upcoming Road Runner) will hopefully be near blank canvas cars for the customers to "play" with.

#39 ·
Katshot said:
As for the Challenger, I have a good feeling about this one. I think MOPAR is actually going to hit the mark with a TRUE American muscle car. Just like the recipe from the 60's, the car should be Hot, fast, and cheap. Keep the gizmos and gadgets for other cars like the 300C SRT-8. This car (and likely the upcoming Road Runner) will hopefully be near blank canvas cars for the customers to "play" with.
I totally forgot about the Road Runner. If they ever come out with one, I'd be inline for one of those as well.:worship:

#41 ·
lawfive said:
Not feeling it.

D-C: Bring on the Challenger!! :cloud9:
Yeah, me neither.

What's with Dodge stating that they can't work out a business case for the Challenger. May have to price $6-$7k over the Mustang GT. I think I read that in the rags, but that may just be Dodge blowing smoke at the media to throw them off.

Should be interesting in the next few years...

Brian R.

#46 ·
The CTS-V is a Nurburgring car. It's developed for large difficult tracks, not drag racing. I know this is probably hard for some of you red-blooded americans, but the car was not made to stoplight race.
With it's power, sure it does a respectable job there, but it isn't what the car was built for. The suspension has been praised many times over for pulling the trick of making the heavy CTS feel like a sports car (it's a 5-series sized car that handles at the level of the much smaller 3-series; that speaks volumes about how well thought out the suspension is).
The other route GM could have taken was to make it a straightline monster, but this would assuredly give up some of the amazing handling characteristics and we would have just another "american car" that can't navigate a corner properly.
If you want a four door muscle car, go to the SRTs. If you want an american built car on the level of Germany's finest, buy a V.

#49 ·
HotRodSaint said:
Well stated! :thumbsup:
Funny. I use to believe that crap too.

#50 ·
A 540i Sport totally stock will SMOKE both of those cars on a track. It's a poor man's M5. Yes, it's not as fast in a straight line as either of them, but it can do handle winter (shot at 300), and it can race without worrying about its differential exploding (shot at CTS-V). I mean my 7 has better track performance than the 300C SRT8 and I can't keep up with the 540i Sport on a track, not straight line speed, but handling's the game on a track as long as you've got enough power to keep your speed up, which my 400HP qualifies me for.

#51 ·
Zorb750 said:
A 540i Sport totally stock will SMOKE both of those cars on a track. It's a poor man's M5. Yes, it's not as fast in a straight line as either of them, but it can do handle winter (shot at 300), and it can race without worrying about its differential exploding (shot at CTS-V). I mean my 7 has better track performance than the 300C SRT8 and I can't keep up with the 540i Sport on a track, not straight line speed, but handling's the game on a track as long as you've got enough power to keep your speed up, which my 400HP qualifies me for.
A WRX STi totally stock will SMOKE both of those cars on a track. It's a poor man's Z06. Yes, it's not as fast in a straight line as either of them, but it can handle winter. (shot at CTS-V), and it can race without worrying about it's differentials explogding (shot at CTS-V). I mean my S2000 has better track performance than the 300C SRT8 and I can't keep up with the WRX STi on a track, not straight line speed, but handling's the game on a track as long as you've got enough power to keep your speed up, which my 425HP qualifies me for.

NOW SEE HOW FREAKING RIDICULOUS YOUR ARGUMENT IS JUST BY SUBSTITUTING WRX STi AND S2000? WHAT A MAROON. :rolleyes: :thepan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.