So the Cadillac CTS-V is definitely faster than the Dodge Charger SRT-8 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, So the Cadillac CTS-V is definitely faster than the Dodge Charger SRT-8 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Not with the Dinan suspension upgrades....
    Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Re: So the Cadillac CTS-V is definitely faster than the Dodge Charger SRT-8

Not with the Dinan suspension upgrades.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

marnepup is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: So the Cadillac CTS-V is definitely faster than the Dodge Charger SRT-8

All right, first of all, the idea that an SRT8 isn't trackworthy is about the most ridiculous thing I've heard lately:

Skidpad:

SRT8: .90
    CTS-V: .87

100-0:

SRT8: 317'
    CTS-V: 317'

600' Slalom:

SRT8: 67.3MPH
    CTS-V: 66.8MPH

Sounds like the two cars are pretty evenly matched, huh? So get off the "SRT is a dragster, V is a true race car" kick, it's idiotic.

And since numbers from a car rag are just that, here's a little anecdote from a vette owner:

I was at Infineon Raceway on 09/07/05. I saw it with my own eyes. But Dan is being modest. He's also a damn good driver and that does make a difference when slinging a 4000+ pound "bad ass" SRT-8 around the track. He was smokin' most of us and drove that thing like a bat out of hell. I am a rookie when it comes to track racing and did not have the skills to drive my Corvette C6 (Auto, F55 suspension) at peak performance. The most I could muster was coming out of the corners at top speed. I could accelerate out of the turns with amazing speed and torque. But I lacked the skill to turn the corners at an optimal speed. Nevertheless, at one point I looked at my G-meter and noticed that I was pulling up to 0.95 G's around some turns of the raceway. If this rookie was pulling 0.95 G's, the more experienced drivers, like Dan, were pulling up to 1.0 G's in some turns.

Anyway, when I looked into my rearview mirror, there was Dan in his Chrysler SRT-8 charging up on my rear. After a few rounds of this, I signaled him to pass and off he roared to embarrass other drivers. (Frankly, he wore me down. I did not realize how physically demanding track racing can be.)

I was amazed that a car of that bulk could handle so well on a race track. The SRT-8 handled well around the turns and was simply a beast on the track. The suspension and Hemi engine---what can I say other than I was impressed. Although it was not the sexiest car on the track (mine was), Dan's SRT-8 was the "coolest" car that day with its kicker system, DVD player, Nav and other options. Dan also allowed one of the driving instructors to drive his car so that we could hear the exhaust as it was accelerating at top speed down the track. Sweet sounding exhaust for a stock car. Although some of you may want a "louder" sounding exhaust, the stock exhaust sounds fit the car.

One bit of advice for SRT-8 owners considering attendance at a high performance driving course--ask Dan how much gas he consumed during one day of track racing.

As Dan stated there were a variety of high performance cars on the track that day and believe me Dan made all owners of the SRT-8 proud. Next time, I'll need to drive a 2006 Corvette Z06 to kick some SRT-8 booty on the track.

Sincerely,
    Dave, aka TopDog
    And here's what the SRT was up against:

Spent all day TODAY at Sears Point (aka infineon) Raceway in Sonoma CA pushing my 2 week old 06 Black SRT-8 through 12 turns with about 17 other car enthusiasts.

ESP on, ESP off. All manual shifting, all Automatic.

I would love to say that esp off, manual was quickest.

Ummm. Damn semiconductors. Full Auto, ESP On = Sick

That 4180 lb rocket sled devoured most cars with ease.

Cars in Attendance (partial list) Porsche 2001 twin turbo, Supercharged Porsche convertble, 2005 Corvette (bone stock like new) Acura NSX (Race Set-up Carbon fiber...) Mustang GT Convertible (with Nitrous) Cooper Mini, BMW M3 (stock) and M5 (very not stock), FireHawk, Honda S2000, Mustang, Camaro... & My SRT-8.

With ESP, Shifting Manual (mostly 2nd to 3rd and back) and Automatic = Passed all but 2 of the above, some repeatedly. Out of respect for my fellow drivers, I won't say which 2. Hint: It wasn't the two most expensive.

Said one driver after a 25-30 minute session: "Did you lap me three times?"

My reply " No, only twice, I pulled into the pits once and passed you again."

"Oh" he said, then walked off.

Regarding the ESP. With the traction control, and the yaw control, and the abs... This car helped me get better lap times, and stay on the track, and not eat any tire barriers etc...
    Is the SRT a 4-door muscle car? Absolutely...but it's a track-worthy one.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.