Cadillac Owners Forum banner
16K views 113 replies 27 participants last post by  PAULSTSMAN1 
#1 ·
I saw the preview of the all new 2007 Imperial, today. It will be unveiled September, 2006. It will be Sandy's next new car, and I have a waiting buyer for my 2003 Town Car that has 7,700 miles on it now, and should have 11,000 in Sept. '07.
Rolls Royce Phaeton "A" - "B" & "C" pillars, very similar taillamps and a very similiar headlight/grille and front fender configuration, with Suicide doors and a R.R. roofline. Will be black. Interior, depends what is available....
1st choice = White leather
2nd choice = Black Leather
3rd choice = Red Leather

I am afraid it will be very very expensive, as it LOOKS that way....
A masterful job of copy-ism ! :thumbsup:

#104 ·
Sandy, count yourself lucky with your MkVIII ownership.
What, no tranny or air suspension woes?

I always felt my 89 LSC looked far tougher than the next generation marks, which definitely had a more feminine look.

I guess a used Eldorado makes more sense from a mechanical perspective.

#105 ·
I think you can put the springs or coils from the Thunderbirds onto the Mark VIII's

#106 ·
No.....No tranny nor suspension troubles. I think I had enough, regardless.

I have no trouble with my '03 T.C. Limited, and I like it very much. However, there is one car that a friends has, that I drove for an extended time period, and I fell in love with it, and I really really want to order an '06 {the final year}. I love the 4-wheel steering "feel" asnd the power and the power reclining rear seats, and the style of the interior, and the uniqeness of the exterior and the overall "feel" & responce of the car. But, I REALLY don't want to patronize a non-domestic car company, and would rather buy a homeland product, and also the car is just too expensive for me, at $ 64,500. It's the "Q" at Infiniti > Q45.
My son does & buys & gets whatever he wants, even if I am against it. My wife does not spend too much, she is good that way, but outside of cautious spending habits, she damn well does whatever she wants, even if I don't like it~ MAYBE, I should follow the examples they set ???
:stirpot: a little :)

#107 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
I think you can put the springs or coils from the Thunderbirds onto the Mark VIII's
Actually there's plenty of aftermarket companies that offer coil kits that it's not worth playing around with used stuff. We did a coil conversion on my son's MKVIII ourselves in a couple hours and it was a snap. The whole thing cost something like $500 as I recall, and you can chose your trim height. My son went with a 2" drop I think.

#108 ·
Yeah and It would ride almost as good as the air bags would.

#110 ·
Really? It was smoother?

#111 ·
Yeah. Could be that the new stuff we installed was just that, NEW. Who knows though. You ever take a car with 80-90K miles and put a new set of 4 strut/shocks on it? The car feels like new again right? That's kind of how this felt, except that it felt a little tighter to me. Still had a smooth ride though, and now looked hot because of the lowering.Those look REAL mean after lowering.

#114 ·
The Imperial should be sleeker not so chubby looking. As for interior, a butter cream with exterior color piping. Forget the suicide doors, just make the locks like a Mercedes, and use an air suspension. The engine should be a 383 based engine rated at 300 HP.

As for bringing back the Fleetwood, yes as a more contemporary Full Sized Cadillac, with classic styling and better handling, and engine displacement Fleetwood 5.0.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.